Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

was this supposed to be limited run or ongoing?

My understanding was that this is it, but I poked around the internet a little bit, and apparently it’s based off of a foreign show, that did get a 2nd season.

If they do pick it up for a second season, it definitely has the capability to go off the rails.  I just need some more closure though.

• Like 1

Pasting a text sent to my brother and nephew.

I've gotten really into that old TGIF show Dinosaurs now on Disney +. 

It’s deep. It’s a very progressive social commentary that is also quite clever. There is an anti-war episode, a drug episode, An indigenous people’s land rights episode, a televangelist episode, a sexual harassment/rape episode, a political campaign episode, a workers rights episode, a domestic roles episode, and many climate change episodes which becomes an overall theme of the show all wrapped around a typical family sitcom with a hilarious baby character. They break the 4th wall too and it’s funny overall. It's kind of jarring at first because it's so weird but once you get used to it, there are a lot of layers to it and it was way ahead of its time. 

I realize I understood less than 1% of this show when I watched as a kid and the rest was miles over my head. All I did then was laugh at the baby. I still do, he’s ****ing hilarious but I get the rest now too. 

• Like 2

The Lady and The Dale - documentary on HBO.

Basically this con-man from the 50s and 60s resurfaces in the 1970s as the executive of this car company...the difference with this car is that it's got three wheels and is apparently super efficient with gas, something that was important during the fuel shortage in the 70s.

Oh, and the con-man is now a woman.  And she's still conning people, the car company is a whole con, too.

It's an interesting documentary, I had no idea about this car and this woman who was at the helm.  And it's really well done.

But becomes a not-so-veiled attempt at painting her as some sort of transgender champion which is odd considering she ended up going on the lam for 9 years after skipping bail and only being nabbed after she was featured on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries.  I get that there aren't a lot of trans heroes out there but could you do a better job of picking one that wasn't a criminal?  

The story is enjoyable but the social commentary is off-putting at times.  B-.  

• Like 2

On 3/3/2021 at 10:08 PM, zskins said:

Just finished watching 1st episode of Imposters on Netflix. Fast start so far and good. 

Damn only 2 seasons and they cancelled it. There should be a law against cancelling shows that are interesting to watch. 

Anyone ever seen Mr. Mercedes?

I'm on the 3rd episode.  It starts off in 2009, these people that were hit hard by the recession were camping out at some civic center looking area for a job fair.  This guy wearing a clown mask comes into the parking lot driving a Mercedes and just runs over them, it's a mass murder.

2 years later, one of the detectives (now retired) is getting taunting messages from the guy that did it.   The guy that did it works at a computer store, seems to be some kind of technical genius who's pretty ****ed in the head.  He also drives an ice cream truck, which makes him creepier.

The detective, first confused about the harassment, is now going on the offensive and trying to figure out who he is.

Really solid show so far, I think I am getting hooked.  It's on Pea****.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Anyone ever seen Mr. Mercedes?

I'm on the 3rd episode.  It starts off in 2009, these people that were hit hard by the recession were camping out at some civic center looking area for a job fair.  This guy wearing a clown mask comes into the parking lot driving a Mercedes and just runs over them, it's a mass murder.

2 years later, one of the detectives (now retired) is getting taunting messages from the guy that did it.   The guy that did it works at a computer store, seems to be some kind of technical genius who's pretty ****ed in the head.  He also drives an ice cream truck, which makes him creepier.

The detective, first confused about the harassment, is now going on the offensive and trying to figure out who he is.

Really solid show so far, I think I am getting hooked.  It's on Pea****.

great show, I’m in season 3

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 9:53 PM, Die Hard said:

Another vote for Yellowstone here.

To those who recommended it previously, 🙏

Finally watched the first episode. Is it exclusive to Pea**** or can I find on another platform I'm already paying for?

Also, @Destino Resident Alien is hilarious. 

@zskins  Imposters was definitely  cancelled to soon.

• Like 2