Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

14 hours ago, Chew said:

Yes sir. Intense as hell!  Ann Dowd is so good, per usual.  

We really should've waited until the whole season was out before watching,  this one new episode a week a week thing is torture.  I'm a millennial, I want it NOW.  

Yeah, we're waiting for the season to run.  We can't do weekly episodes anymore.  Hardest thing is keeping your head in the sand and not hearing/seeing spoilers.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chew said:

Yes sir. Intense as hell!  Ann Dowd is so good, per usual.  

We really should've waited until the whole season was out before watching,  this one new episode a week a week thing is torture.  I'm a millennial, I want it NOW.  

At least with HMT you get a week to recover from the crippling depression before the next episode. Not sure I’d have the strength watch them back to back lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

At least with HMT you get a week to recover from the crippling depression before the next episode. Not sure I’d have the strength watch them back to back lol

You're not wrong, man.  It's a heavy show, you feel drained after every episode LOL.  Wasn't really hip to Elizabeth Moss before Handmaid's, but damn can she act.  

"Them" on Amazon is living up to the hype so far.  Black family from NC moves to an all-white Compton neighborhood in the early 1950s.  The neighbors try their best to terrorize the black family to get them to move....but there's also some non-human shenanigans going on. 

The show is getting a lot of negative backlash in the black community for such graphic racial violence against the family, including children...but honestly I think it's pretty accurate.  It's what really happened back then.  Gen Z will and the wokesters will just have to deal.

Movies and shows that make me uncomfortable are the type of suspense thrillers I enjoy.  And man, "Them" is incredibly ****ed up and uncomfortable.  

• Like 1

For Apple TV+:  For All Mankind, great show.  It starts out with the space race in the 60s in an alternate timeline where the Russians made it to the moon first and continues around the space race not ending.  We just finished up season 2.  They just released a new show called "The Mosquito Coast" (weekly episodes), about an inventor that has to move his family to Mexico to flee the U.S. government.  Really good so far (just 2 episodes).

Netflix:  Just binged "The Innocent", it's a limited series (8 episodes) about a man that gets into an altercation at a party and accidently kills a guy in a fight.  He gets sent to prison, then when he gets out, all kind of **** starts happening.  Lots of good twists, suspense, etc.  I will warn y'all, after watching the first episode, when I started the second episode, it threw me off as it did not seem to be related to the first episode at all, just plow through it, it all makes sense near the end.

Hulu:  Started watching Cruel Summer.  Weekly episodes, four are out now.  Pretty good so far.  It's about a popular high school girl that goes missing and when that happens, an unpopular girl kind of takes over her life (not stealing her identity, but replacing her).  They set it up differently (which I like) by switching back and forth between three years (1993, 1994, 1995).  Each character looks different in each time period, so when they do flashbacks, you know what year it is if they don't list it.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Hulu:  Started watching Cruel Summer.  Weekly episodes, four are out now.  Pretty good so far.  It's about a popular high school girl that goes missing and when that happens, an unpopular girl kind of takes over her life (not stealing her identity, but replacing her).  They set it up differently (which I like) by switching back and forth between three years (1993, 1994, 1995).  Each character looks different in each time period, so when they do flashbacks, you know what year it is if they don't list it.  

been watching this too. Pretty interesting story so far. Not sure where they are going with it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Just watched the last episode of Invincible.

Holy SMOKES.

Now THAT is a good twist.

~Bang

LOVE me some Invincible. Just wish there was another one today. 

• Like 2

Jupiter’s Legacy is awesome. Mark Miller Super Hero show. Shows their real lives and super hero lives. It’s Netflix’s Super Hero universe. It’s pretty awesome. Based off of a comic by... Mark Millar.

7 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I just watched the first episode of Invincible....

It'll slow some, you'll think it's settled into a familiar pattern, but stick to it.
YeeHAA.

~Bang

Watched the first episode of I, Sniper on VICE last night...

8 part series told by Lee Malvo himself.  Sounds like they pieced this together over a few years of 15 minute interviews with him from jail.  First episode alone was pretty wicked.

I recall paying $12/day to park in the building when I worked in Silver Spring vs. the $3 to park in the Mont. County lot, just to avoid having to zig zag walk to the office.  Scary times.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Watched the first episode of I, Sniper on VICE last night...

8 part series told by Lee Malvo himself.  Sounds like they pieced this together over a few years of 15 minute interviews with him from jail.  First episode alone was pretty wicked.

I recall paying $12/day to park in the building when I worked in Silver Spring vs. the $3 to park in the Mont. County lot, just to avoid having to zig zag walk to the office.  Scary times.

I started to watch it, but I turned it off.

I remember being in school when this was going down, not a fun time.