Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Finished Atypical last night.  One of the most underrated shows out there.  It watches like Kim's Convenience in that it's a "light," easy watch.  I'd go out and a limb and say it's a top 5 Netflix series.  

Casting was perfect, Rappaport and Jennifer Jason-Leigh are subtle but very good as the parents to an autistic kid.  All the people in this show are very likeable and it feels like you're watching a real family with real life problems we the audience can relate to, not an overly-dramatic tissue fest.  

Highly recommend.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chew said:

Finished Atypical last night.  One of the most underrated shows out there.  It watches like Kim's Convenience in that it's a "light," easy watch.  I'd go out and a limb and say it's a top 5 Netflix series.  

Casting was perfect, Rappaport and Jennifer Jason-Leigh are subtle but very good as the parents to an autistic kid.  All the people in this show are very likeable and it feels like you're watching a real family with real life problems we the audience can relate to, not an overly-dramatic tissue fest.  

Highly recommend.  

It is a great show, was nice to see them end it right.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chew said:

Highly recommend.  

Yep I thoroughly enjoyed that show as well.

And the girl who plays Izzie....soo in love with her

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, Chew said:

Let's go.  

I thouhgt season 3 was hard to make it through... how was this season?

On 5/6/2021 at 5:09 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

For Apple TV+:  For All Mankind, great show.  It starts out with the space race in the 60s in an alternate timeline where the Russians made it to the moon first and continues around the space race not ending.  We just finished up season 2.  They just released a new show called "The Mosquito Coast" (weekly episodes), about an inventor that has to move his family to Mexico to flee the U.S. government.  Really good so far (just 2 episodes).

Netflix:  Just binged "The Innocent", it's a limited series (8 episodes) about a man that gets into an altercation at a party and accidently kills a guy in a fight.  He gets sent to prison, then when he gets out, all kind of **** starts happening.  Lots of good twists, suspense, etc.  I will warn y'all, after watching the first episode, when I started the second episode, it threw me off as it did not seem to be related to the first episode at all, just plow through it, it all makes sense near the end.

Hulu:  Started watching Cruel Summer.  Weekly episodes, four are out now.  Pretty good so far.  It's about a popular high school girl that goes missing and when that happens, an unpopular girl kind of takes over her life (not stealing her identity, but replacing her).  They set it up differently (which I like) by switching back and forth between three years (1993, 1994, 1995).  Each character looks different in each time period, so when they do flashbacks, you know what year it is if they don't list it.  

i got apple tv free 2 years ago  (for my work iphone) and didnt watch anyhting ... then got it again last year for my daughter's macbook... and watched "Mythic Quest"...  i have't finished it yet, but i like it a lot so far :) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

i got apple tv free 2 years ago  (for my work iphone) and didnt watch anyhting ... then got it again last year for my daughter's macbook... and watched "Mythic Quest"...  i have't finished it yet, but i like it a lot so far :) 

Mythic Quest is awesome.  

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 9:32 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Never Have I Ever on Netflix is ****ing hysterical and the 2nd season just came out.  It's a teenager/coming of age type of story, I think I suggested it in this thread last year.  It's random, but it's narrated by John McEnroe who's also hilarious.

Although, I will say by the end of Season 2 I got tired of seeing the main character constantly ****ing up.  Still funny stuff though.

The Heist mini-documentaries on Netflix are pretty good, too.

Dude I’m like 3 episodes into season 2 and I can’t ****ing stand her. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, she gets pretty obnoxious/repetitive.  The peripheral characters are better/funnier.  

Like everyone is annoying. Ben, her stupid friends, her stupid mother...

The only ones I can tolerate are Kamala, Paxton and Trent.

• Haha 1

If you’re a Doctor Who fan; it’s be made official. Current Doctor, Jodi Whittaker and show runner- Chris Chibnall are leaving in 22. 

There will be a 6 episode Series 13 to air later this year and then 3 specials to air in 22.

Edited by Rdskns2000

I am quite enjoying Orphan Black. I am 9 episodes in, and the story is very entertaining. I also find the main character's hair differences with all the characters she plays fascinating. I keep trying to figure if it is all wigs pr whether she spends a ton of time getting ready for each of the scenes. She is a rather amazing actress playing the different roles.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gbear said:

I am quite enjoying Orphan Black. I am 9 episodes in, and the story is very entertaining. I also find the main character's hair differences with all the characters she plays fascinating. I keep trying to figure if it is all wigs pr whether she spends a ton of time getting ready for each of the scenes. She is a rather amazing actress playing the different roles.

She really is amazing.  Good show.

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Know I’m way behind on this but Ted Lasso is outstanding. Not a lot of “setup jokes” but it’s a hilarious show. It’s extremely well written and it just drips heart 

I just watched season 1 over the last two weeks.  I had really low expectation but my wife wanted to watch a comedy, and I noticed NBA coaches were quoting it, so I put it on.  Awesome show.

Bummer that season two wasn’t all made available at once.  I want to binge!

On 8/2/2021 at 9:56 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

It is a lot of fun.  First 4 episodes all end on cliffhangers, it's been fantastic so far.  

Felt like it got a little bit soapish there towards the end but hopefully they can fix it with Season 3.

• Like 1

I watched the first episode of McCartney 3, 2, 1 on Hulu and loved it.  It is fascinating if you're a Beatles fan.  He's a treasure trove of information, and he fronts with this self deprecating charm that makes it seem like he fell ass-backwards into genius, but you can tell he is an incredible craftsman.  God I love the way he plays bass, and I like the moments of the first episode where they isolate his playing in some of their songs.  Really highlights those sui generis bass parts that are the beating heart of the Beatles sound.