Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 1/6/2021 at 7:41 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Cobra Kai Season 3 was awesome.  

It was really good and I liked it much better than season 2. I just hate one character and I think that if this one character acted responsibly then the show improves a lot, or maybe there is just much less of a show (and no I'm not talking about Daniel or Johnny). 

24 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

It was really good and I liked it much better than season 2. I just hate one character and I think that if this one character acted responsibly then the show improves a lot, or maybe there is just much less of a show (and no I'm not talking about Daniel or Johnny). 

Who's that?  I think I know.

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sam

Spoiler

True.  I agree, she's a big part of the problems.    But that's something that Daniel needs to work on with her...Sam brings some of the problems on herself, Daniel brought some of the problems on himself when he was a kid.  He still does, to a degree.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

I'm not sure if this is mentioned in here.  Netflix has some good International Series! Im sure the majority of you know about Money Heist and Lupin.  

Netlfix Series

-Vas a Vis (Locked Up) Spanish.  Currently watching right now. I'm on Episode 3 and its good

- 50M2 Its in Turkish 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Another great season of The Expanse.  Waiting for the last season is going to be tough.

This season was pretty interesting and exciting a lot of the time, but

Spoiler

I really hate Inaros and a lot of Belters treating him like a king.  Also I really couldn't stand watching Naomi struggling with her ship for another minute. lol  

• Like 2

Spoiler
1 minute ago, visionary said:

Hide contents

I really hate Inaros and a lot of Belters treating him like a king.  Also I really couldn't stand watching Naomi struggling with her ship for another minute. lol  

That was such a grueling set of scenes.  Made you feel her agony, but in a good way.  Kind of like the feeling of watching the Revenant.  She had hypoxy and was burned to hell from the hard vac transit and she found a way to get through all of her trials out of sheer love for her son and Holden and crew.  I thought she was really great this season and the show gave her and Amos a chance to shine.

Alex's death was shocking and disappointing.  They didn't really foreshadow it and it almost felt unceremonious and undersold.  Alex doesn't die in the books from what I can tell, it was instead Fred Johnson who died from a stroke after a high G burn.  I'm going to miss his character.

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

CW renewed a bunch of shows early. 

Glad to see Nancy Drew on the list. Bat**** insane show thats a guilty pleasure.

Love Nancy Drew.  I think they made a mistake in giving Flash another season. The show is spent. Also, Legends of Tomorrow is spent also. 

Edited by Rdskns2000

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That was such a grueling set of scenes.  Made you feel her agony, but in a good way.  Kind of like the feeling of watching the Revenant.  She had hypoxy and was burned to hell from the hard vac transit and she found a way to get through all of her trials out of sheer love for her son and Holden and crew.  I thought she was really great this season and the show gave her and Amos a chance to shine.

Alex's death was shocking and disappointing.  They didn't really foreshadow it and it almost felt unceremonious and undersold.  Alex doesn't die in the books from what I can tell, it was instead Fred Johnson who died from a stroke after a high G burn.  I'm going to miss his character.

Spoiler

Alex's death wasn't foreshadowed because it was edited in after filming ended. A lot of women, including some from the Expanse crew, came forward accusing him of sexual harassment. He got fired, so they had to either recast for next season, write him off the show with an offscreen explanation/death, or kill him the way they did. For needing to CGI him out of the Luna party, they did a good job, but it was very jarring. It will still be jarring not having him be the heart of the crew that he was in the TV and book series.

Me after finishing season 5 and the last book not coming for another 8 months.

Sad-Pablo-Escobar.jpg

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Me after finishing season 5 and the last book not coming for another 8 months.

Spoiler

OMG I didn't know that about the actor.  That is so freaking disappointing.  What an asshole.  Yeah that was pretty seamless CGI work, I didn't even realize what was going on.  It just felt tonally and emotionally off.

2 hours ago, visionary said:

Hide contents

It's something that the book series explains so much more clearly. The time to explain gets paved over by the TV series a little too much:

Spoiler

The ring worlds are going to make the Belters go extinct in their own lifetime. Mars is obsolete but not everyone there realizes it yet, which Bobbie mentions during the season.

Season 4 shows one of the ring's worlds being settled, and season 5 shows some of it at the beginning. The worlds are viable, and people are going to flock there because it's easier and healthier to live in open worlds with gravity than to live in zero-gravity or terraform a planet like Martians planned to do. Adult Belters will never be able to settle on a planet because of the strain of gravity after living in zero gravity for so long. Belter children's muscles and probably even young adults' muscles aren't permanently deformed by the lack of gravity yet, so their best option would be to live on a planet while they can still develop muscles to tolerate gravity. Aside from tradition and family, younger Belters have no reason to stay in space.

Inaros for the Belters is sort of a Trump-with-warships character. A promise to go back to the old ways, but with Belters in charge.

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Hide contents

OMG I didn't know that about the actor.  That is so freaking disappointing.  What an asshole.  Yeah that was pretty seamless CGI work, I didn't even realize what was going on.  It just felt tonally and emotionally off.

Spoiler

Yeah, it really is a shame. He was the most out-going member of the team and did a lot of interactions with the public. It put it all in a new light, but he had so many good things going for him and squandered it.

Edited by NickyJ