Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

21 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Please excuse my ignorance. Does this imply that Elliot prefers dating women, but being the masculine in the relationship?

Because I am under the impression Ellen was gay.

I was too. But I guess she was also trans, and maybe felt more comfortable coming out as gay, compared to being openly trans?

Either way, I hope she's at peace. Bit its definitely a stunner

@TD_washingtonredskins

Yup. When you are Googling to find the real story... the show is good. 

If you have Hulu, check out the anime "Attack on Titan".  You may not have teenage sons so you could miss the current anime craze which has infected a couple of my son and his friends.  I think first season is on Netflix. Just a great story. 

I also couldn't stop watching "Death Note"...

On 12/1/2020 at 2:54 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I was too. But I guess she was also trans, and maybe felt more comfortable coming out as gay, compared to being openly trans?

Either way, I hope she's at peace. Bit its definitely a stunner

So Elliot is a straight white guy?  Welcome to the team Elliot!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

If you have Hulu, check out the anime "Attack on Titan".  You may not have teenage sons so you could miss the current anime craze which has infected a couple of my son and his friends.  I think first season is on Netflix. Just a great story. 

Don't need Hulu or Netflix or whatever for Attack On Titan; it's free on Crunchyroll.

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

I also couldn't stop watching "Death Note"...

I'd always heard good things about it, but when I finally watched it, I didn't really care for it.  Too many things happened that just rubbed be the wrong way, particularly idiotic choices made by characters we're constantly informed are the smartest people in the world.

What I did like that had a similar overarching theme to that of Death Note was Code Geass.  Thought they did a better job with showing rather than telling, there was more character development, and I didn't feel like characters were making choices simply to force the plot along a particular path or to pad out the show.

Of course neither of those shows reach the heights of Attack On Titan.  That show don't play around.

My wife started watching Emily in Paris. The trailer on Netflix doesn't do any justification on what the show is really about. All I could of think of is that it is loosely like The Devil wears a Prada but in Paris instead. I warmed up to it a little and found it interesting. We were in Paris last year on vacation so it was intriguing to us. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It only has 10 episodes and season 2 has been confirmed. 

Not a bad show to watch while cuddled up with your honey. :)

• Like 1

Started watching the Flight Attendant this past weekend on HBO Max.  Pretty good, I liked the first three episodes.  Basically, Kaley Cuoco is a flight attendant who is kind of a ditz.  She hooks up with a passenger on one of her flights to Asia and wakes up the next morning to find him murdered in bed next to her.  After that, she makes practically every wrong decision you could make.  

I liked the first couple episodes, then got distracted with real life responsibilities.  Will pick it back up soon.  Cuoco has some acting chops not seen on Big Bang Theory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone ever watch Absentia (hellllllo Stana Katic) on Amazon Prime? Binged the first season and man was that brutal (in a good way). Wondering if the other 2 seasons are as good. 

I’ve seen all of it even though I’m still mad Stanic killed Castle (the show) by leaving it.  I liked that goofy show.  Season 1 is the best of Absentia imo but the others aren’t bad.  

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 1:49 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I know I'm late to the party, but The Crown is very good. I didn't think dry, English history could be so dramatic and captivating. 

I like the Crown as well.  

Complete opposite end of the spectrum - Derry Girls.  High school aged girls in 1990s Northern Ireland - irreverent, funny, steeped in poverty and the religious/political situation of the time/locale.  (Netflix)

Wife and I decided to watch it after seeing the cast on a Great British Bake Off Holiday episode - they were hilarious.  

My favorite show in ages though is Ted Lasso on AppleTv.  Binged it twice back to back.  

I’m on season 4 of Clone Wars. I watch an episode in bed before I pass out. Generally only make it through one before I fall asleep. It’s kind of a slog. 

In points it’s really, really, really good. But more often than not it’s extremely boring. 

The lore is worth the slog I guess. But it’s painful in some parts. 

54 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I thought Fillion being a primadonna was what drove Katic away. 

I’m not sure it was ever made clear.  Some said it was simply because she asked for too much money, or that the studio was already paying her a fortune and then wanted to cut costs.  Who knows?

7 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’m on season 4 of Clone Wars. I watch an episode in bed before I pass out. Generally only make it through one before I fall asleep. It’s kind of a slog. 

In points it’s really, really, really good. But more often than not it’s extremely boring. 

The lore is worth the slog I guess. But it’s painful in some parts. 

You're watching it wrong.

zK6KmCfgTZgvPXQOgVZJ7s3tz9QTa4LrBSuo-h82

What ya got? Just finishing up Outlander.. (Love it!)  Need something new to watch. Saw E1 of Flight Attendant.. Not really that excited about it, but will watch E2.. Still need something else to fill the evenings. I like the dramas, crime, mystery type stuff. Really anything but sci-fi/zombie.. Thanks for suggestions!