Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Watched first 8 episodes of Cobra Kai the past 3 nights.  

Show is cheesy as **** and the first episode was basically facepalm worthy but then the second episode pulled me in a bit and man it is just super cheesy, but like in a Saved By The Bell or Full House way where it's so cheesy it's awesome.  And the episodes are so short too so it flies by.  It's super predictable too and you know exactly what is going to happen, and when it does happen, it's hilariously awesome and cheesy.  It's clearly making fun of itself but in a great way.

• Like 2

I've been enjoying American Horror Story. Breezed through S1 end of last week to this past Monday. Awesome. I thought the girl violet had a little Farmiga to her. I dont know whether she's a sister or a daughter, but I liked her character. And I think this is the first time I've seen Kate Mara in anything. I had no idea she was that Mara (as in dirty Giants Mara), but she was awesome, and sexy as hell.

Asylum is kinda all over the place. Murder House took a few detours but Asylum is taking that even further. The fact that some of the actors stayed on to the next season kinda cheapens it a bit, but they all play their individual roles well enough to make you forget about S1. Jessica Lange is strong in this season.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Just finished Away.   I thought it was rather predictable and meh.  Repetitive plot arc of 

Spoiler

Somethings wrong with the spaceship!  They're all gonna die!   Oh great, now its kinda/sorta fixed, at least enough to get them to Mars.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

Another vote for Umbrella Academy. It’s a little bit of everything. 5 really came into his own in the 2nd season. The soundtrack scenes are incredible.

Regarding number 1, Luther, What was his special power to begin with..... before he became an ape with super strength?

And Klaus. How could his skills translate into stopping crime and saving the world? What use does he play as a child in the Umbrella Academy?

Edited by Die Hard

On 4/11/2020 at 4:54 PM, Warhead36 said:

I'm through episode 3 of Tiger King. Holy crap this is some of the most absurd stuff I've ever seen.

Breakthrough in mystery of Tiger King star's missing husband? Cadaver dogs 'pick up scent of human remains' near home of Carole Baskin's ex-husband as his family sue her over his 1997 disappearance

Cadaver dogs appear to have picked up the scent of human remains near a Florida lake house belonging to Carole Baskin's missing husband, Don Lewis.  

Lewis - who started a Tampa animal sanctuary which later became Big Cat Rescue Corp - vanished a day before a scheduled trip to Costa Rica back in 1997. 

Despite the fact he was legally declared dead back in 2002, his disappearance garnered global interest earlier this year following Baskin's star appearance in the Netflix documentary, Tiger King. 

Lewis' remains have never been found and Baskin denies having anything to do his disappearance. However, her arch nemesis, Joseph 'Joe Exotic' Maldonado-Passage, has made wild claims that she fed Lewis to tigers.

Click on the link for the full article

Watching the new British series War of the Worlds on Prime.
it's ok.   they don't have a lot of budget for special effects it seems. Interesting enough to keep me in for the first season.
I do enjoy a good alien invasion story. even ones that don't make sense. (Like Tom Cruise's WotW. Made no sense, but i enjoyed it anyway.)

~Bang

Watched the Challenger final flight in Netflix the last 2 days. Good docuseries, feel terrible for the people that lost their lives. Especially the fact that some people knew of the problem before launch, wasn’t alive around then but I’m sure everyone was blindsided by that tragedy. 

Season 4 of American Horror Story is probably the first one where I kinda just want it to end. The only real intriguing character to me is Sarah Paulsons siamese twins. Everything else kinda feels meh. Also, the same actors playing different characters is starting to feel a bit fatiguing, when the characters maintain several similarities.  Again, Paulson seems to be the only one who's characters seem totally different from one another

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Season 4 of American Horror Story is probably the first one where I kinda just want it to end. The only real intriguing character to me is Sarah Paulsons siamese twins. Everything else kinda feels meh. Also, the same actors playing different characters is starting to feel a bit fatiguing, when the characters maintain several similarities.  Again, Paulson seems to be the only one who's characters seem totally different from one another

I loved Murder House and liked Asylum. I didn't really get into another one (I watched them, but like you felt like I was more just checking the box) until Roanoke. I think bingeing them would even be more fatiguing than watching them week to week and season to season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I loved Murder House and liked Asylum. I didn't really get into another one (I watched them, but like you felt like I was more just checking the box) until Roanoke. I think bingeing them would even be more fatiguing than watching them week to week and season to season. 

Coven (Season 3) was really good. I've always liked Angela Basset and Kathy Bates, and Sidibe was a nice Wildcard. Even though some actors characters didn't change all that much from Asylum, the new additions still made it fresh.

For Freak Show, there doesn't really seem to be an angle that really hooked me. It had potential,  but 

Spoiler

The house of a thousand corpse-ish clown killer getting offed so early and the Freak Grim reaper exiting stage left...

kinda dried things out for me. I'm on episode 10, and I'm just not all that interested anymore.

• Like 2

I'm a sucker for 80s nostalgia, and I love Cobra Kai regardless of how cheesy it is.  I find it interesting that the trailer for season three focuses on the injured kid.  Wasn't there a line in season one or two about Ali (the girl Johhny and Daniel fought over)being a pediatric surgeon?  Hmmm.