Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Not watching the trailer but looking forward to Last Chance U. Last season was hard to watch with all the losing and JB being JB. Dude really thought it was okay to refer to German dude as Hitler. Winced when I heard him say it in the show and glad he resigned.

5 hours ago, max21 said:

Black sails, pretty entertaining 

Black Sails is awesome. I didn't like the last season all that much, but I still think it's still about as good as it gets, overall.

Still wish they'd do one more season (to tell the Treasure Island story) but it's likely never gonna happen.

Maybe a Blackbeard docuseries,  chronicling his descent into madness

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

I know I’m late to the dance on this, but if anyone who likes sci-fi hasn’t watched  “The Expanse” yet, take my advice and move it to the top of your queue.

I started it yesterday morning and I’m already halfway through season two. So far it just keeps getting better.

image.gif.15733d6f646572862644033355a2344b.gif

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Watched Homecoming (on Amazon), really good show.  It's about a program offered to soldiers to get them back into society and helping them get past all the **** they saw, but with a great twist.  Two seasons available and the episodes are 30 mins or less.  Julia Roberts is great in season 1. 

Watched Control Z on Netflix, it's about a girl that's a new student and a hacker starts revealing others students dark secrets to everyone.  Pretty decent show.

Watched Fear City: New York vs The Mafia on Netflix, really cool.  It's a three episode docuseries focusing on the five major mob families that controlled NY back in the day, how they brought them down, etc.

15 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Netflix better renew Warrior Nun. Watched the final 2 episodes. No way can they end the show like that.

Well they'd better find a better way to gauge fan interest, because their "Social media buzz" template in place of ratings, is straight garbage

• Thanks 1

I guess this is as good a place as any to put this. 

Emmy nominees came out today. There’s a lot of good stuff ready for streaming. 

The drama series category in particular is loaded with great shows. The only nominated drama series I can’t recommend is “The Mandalorian” and that’s only because I haven’t seen it yet.

The Emmy Awards, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, will air Sept. 20 on ABC.

Here’s the list of series nominees:

Drama Series

“Better Call Saul” (AMC)
“The Crown” (Netflix)
“The Handmaid’s Tale” (Hulu)
“Killing Eve” (BBC America/AMC)
“The Mandalorian” (Disney Plus)
“Ozark” (Netflix)
“Stranger Things” (Netflix)
“Succession” (HBO)

Comedy Series

“Curb Your Enthusiasm” (HBO)
“Dead to Me” (Netflix)
“The Good Place” (NBC)
“Insecure” (HBO)
“The Kominsky Method” (Netflix)
“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” (Amazon Prime Video)
“Schitt’s Creek” (Pop TV)
“What We Do in the Shadows” (FX)

Limited Series

“Little Fires Everywhere” (Hulu)
“Mrs. America” (Hulu)
“Unbelievable” (Netflix)
“Unorthodox” (Netflix)
“Watchmen” (HBO)

Animated Program

Big Mouth • Disclosure The Movie: The Musical! • Netflix

Bob’s Burgers • Pig Trouble In Little Tina • Fox
20th Century Fox Television

BoJack Horseman • The View From Halfway Down • Netflix •
Tornante Productions, LLC

Rick And Morty • The Vat Of Acid Episode • Adult Swim
Rick and Morty, LLC

The Simpsons • Thanksgiving Of Horror • Fox
Gracie Films in association with 20th Century Fox Television

A full list of nominees can be found here:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/emmys-2020-nominations-complete-list-1234715939/

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

On 7/26/2020 at 12:41 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Not watching the trailer but looking forward to Last Chance U. Last season was hard to watch with all the losing and JB being JB.

On the third one now. Coach Beam is awesome. Oakland area coach for 40 years. Defending National Championship team that returned 22 players. Looses his QBs in the first 2 shows & converts a WR to QB for their first win of the season. 

@TK---first, as i was typing this i saw 'tk is a douche' appear as one of my options....so....:ols:

and before getting to the topic, i'd like to report that a cowboy fan was just abused in a tailgate thread by a staff member

i should be too old but i thought the order on netflix was pretty cool and i got sucked in more than most of those kinds of shows in awhile and zipped through both seasons

made me decide to try the umbrella academy

• Haha 1

The order is horrible... and I watched every stupid minute.  lol

Umbrella academy is far better, but early on it’s a little strange.  Stick with it.  

Absentia on Amazon is good, though I might be the only one watching it.  Stana Katic is great and I almost forgive her for quitting Castle.  You’re never never really sure who all the villains are in Absentia, and I love that.  New season recently came out too.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Destino said:

The order is horrible... and I watched every stupid minute.  lol

Umbrella academy is far better, but early on it’s a little strange.  Stick with it.  

Absentia on Amazon is good, though I might be the only one watching it.  Stana Katic is great and I almost forgive her for quitting Castle.  You’re never never really sure who all the villains are in Absentia, and I love that.  New season recently came out too.

i'm a big stana katic fan from that series...just dropped amazon after a month's free trial without making time to watch even one show

i'm still trying to get to killing eve and ozark too, but i didn't like hearing the series ended after just three seasons

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

i'm still trying to get to killing eve and ozark too, but i didn't like hearing the series ended after just three seasons

In case you were talking about Ozark...

The saga of the Byrde family will soon be coming to an end after Netflix renewed Ozark for an expanded fourth and final season.

The drama, which stars Jason Bateman, Laura Linney and Julia Garner, has been renewed for 14 final episodes with the season split into two seven-episode parts.

• Like 1

To be fair Ozark raced through like 2 whole seasons of a show in its first episode. So it was a breakneck pace.  But im glad they are wrapping it up because you are right. Would recommend. 

Trying to wrap up Dark now. Germans are clinically weird. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

"**** off"!  /quote

Love Succession.  We've been using Logan as code for that sentiment.

Wasn't sold on it until the bachelor party episode in season one, but now I love it.  It's a unique show.  Kind of defies categorization because I think it could have been nominated for comedy series instead of drama too.

I saw that production on the third season might not resume until January.  Just one more way this pandemic has been horrible.  They were on a roll and I hope this doesn't mess with the mojo of the show.

11 hours ago, Destino said:

First season was great!

Second was pretty good.

Can't get into season 3.

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Wasn't sold on it until the bachelor party episode in season one, but now I love it.  It's a unique show.  Kind of defies categorization because I think it could have been nominated for comedy series instead of drama too.

I saw that production on the third season might not resume until January.  Just one more way this pandemic has been horrible.  They were on a roll and I hope this doesn't mess with the mojo of the show.

I would guess the more older, hence vulnerable, members of a cast the more push back against resuming production.  Some shows are up and running, read about the Witcher shooting season 2. 

**** off don't want that ****!