Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

My girlfriend wasn't in the best mood yesterday and wanted to watch something to make her laugh and we watched this show called Chrisley Knows Best.

I don't typically like trash reality tv but this was one of the funniest things I'd seen in awhile.  Basically this guy, Todd Chrisley, is a real estate mogul in Atlanta.  He's super loaded, his family has something like a 30k square foot house.  He's a control freak, the whole show revolves around him trying to lord over his kids and wife and watch their every move.

I'm pretty sure he's also gay which makes the whole thing weirder and more hysterical.  

The Boys Season 2 Release Date Announced 

>>>Straight from the cast reunion video that took place this afternoon, Amazon Prime Video has confirmed the official premiere date for the second season of The Boys. The series will officially debut with new episodes on September 4, 2020. The first three episodes will debut on September 4 with five weekly episodes following each week. The announcement was made with series creator Eric Kripke and the cast present who offered further details and even a clip from the new season. Season 2 of the critically acclaimed drama will arrive with eight additional episodes and a new status quo for the titular team as the first season ended with a cliffhanger. Season one of The Boys is now streaming on Amazon Prime in all its gory glory.<<<

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Um, omg 

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/fallout-series-jonathan-nolan-lisa-joy-amazon-1234696997/

Fallout’ Series From ‘Westworld’ Creators in the Works at Amazon

Jonathan and Lisa Joy have set their sights on creating another expansive sci-fi series.

The “Westworld” duo are developing a show at Amazon based on the “Fallout” video game franchise. Their Kilter Films banner is producing the project which has been handed a substantial series commitment.

The “Fallout” series, which began in 1997 with the original game, is set in a world where the future envisioned by Americans in the late 1940s explodes upon itself through a nuclear war in 2077. With their Amazon project, Nolan and Joy will look to bring “the harshness of the wasteland set against the previous generation’s utopian idea of a better world through nuclear energy,” to the small screen.

The project will look to retain the games’ “harsh tone,” which making sure it is still “sprinkled with moments of ironic humor and B-movie-nuclear-fantasies” which players of the epic franchise know and love.

• Like 2

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Watching it now.  Had to skip the 3rd episode (one in France) cause I hate reading subtitles.  Pretty good so far.

I don't mind subtitles usually but I wasn't in the mood to read them late last night but I powered through and I'm glad I did.  The French one is arguably the biggest mindblower of the group to me.  The alien abduction one is really cool too but that French one is crazy.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't mind subtitles usually but I wasn't in the mood to read them late last night but I powered through and I'm glad I did.  The French one is arguably the biggest mindblower of the group to me.  The alien abduction one is really cool too but that French one is crazy.

The episode description really has me interested.  I'll go back later and give it look.

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Fallout could be great or terrible. I'm hopeful after Witcher but they were mostly off the books.

They've got a solid group helming the project.  along with Todd Howard. I'm pretty confident this will be a hit. It's something I've always imagined, and now it's here

Edited by Mr. Sinister

13 hours ago, zskins said:

So started watching Supergirl. It is okay, so far. But the best episode was when the president shows up in Season 2, episode 3... I love me some Lynda Carter...she was love of any boy growing up and watching her as Wonder Woman. :)

Supergirl aired on CBS for it's first season before becoming a CW show.

DC Universe's "Stargirl" airing now is pretty good.  It also airs on CW and a second season has been ordered by CW.

• Thanks 1