Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 7/3/2020 at 5:55 PM, visionary said:

Been watching Perry Mason with my family and it's pretty good so far, even if it is a little confusing at times.

I like it.  A lot of intersting threads surrounding this murder.
And the cast,, holy smokes, every week it gets better.

~Bang

4 hours ago, visionary said:

Looks like a bunch of people who couldn't make it into Starfleet Academy, much less graduate and make it onto a ship.

I remember the good old days when they made an Animated Star Trek show targeted at kids which was thoughtful and the characters were professionals.

Digging back into the older archives, there's something absolutely charming about All Creatures Great and Small. I've seen some episodes years ago and it never really stuck, but giving it another shot has been worth it.

34 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Has anyone watched Yellowstone?  I saw a trailer for it yesterday and it was enticing.  Haven't heard much about it via social media or anything.

Haven't heard much either. It stars Kevin Costner which means it's entirely dependent on how good the script is because you aren't going to get much out of him. So maybe it's not great but who knows. I haven't seen it just expressing my thoughts and why I have avoided it so far. Dude is a wooden plank to me and needs really good costars, a really great script, or a crazy good premise.

Or, i guess, just some truly awful to watch it as a trainwreck. Like Waterworld or Draft Day

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Haven't heard much either. It stars Kevin Costner which means it's entirely dependent on how good the script is because you aren't going to get much out of him. So maybe it's not great but who knows. I haven't seen it just expressing my thoughts and why I have avoided it so far. Dude is a wooden plank to me and needs really good costars, a really great script, or a crazy good premise.

Or, i guess, just some truly awful to watch it as a trainwreck. Like Waterworld or Draft Day

Funny you mention it, I didn't even notice him in the trailer.  Interest level has decreased.

• Haha 2

Yellowstone is a must see, imo! It gets better each season. Costner (John Dutton) is the "star" draw, but doesn't dominate the cast by any means. The son(s) Kayce, Jamie, sister Beth and her boyfriend RIp are the "stars", imo..  It's a cowboy, western, rich - blue collar "ranch" owners vs the native indians and ever richer white collar foes, all bidding/wanting for the - land - Yellowstone "Dutton" ranch is located on..  

Edited by GoDeep81
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Has anyone watched Yellowstone?  I saw a trailer for it yesterday and it was enticing.  Haven't heard much about it via social media or anything.

All I know about it is that it's probably keeping the Paramount network alive. https://deadline.com/2020/06/yellowstone-returns-4-2-million-viewers-paramount-network-ratings-records-1202966260/

Just watched the first 2 episodes of “Outcry” on Showtime OnDemand.  It’s about a Texas high school football player accused and convicted of sexual child abuse.  Sort of in the same vein as Making a Murderer.  Definitely intriguing and would still be watching if not for the wife going to be bed and deeming this one of “our shows”.

On 7/15/2020 at 11:08 AM, TrancesWithWolves said:

Just finished a 4 day two season binge of MindHunter on Netflix. Highly recommended but certainly not for everyone-- suggest a one or two episode sampling to see if it's your cup of tea. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/mindhunter

Excellent show that was unfortunately cancelled. The guy playing Edmund Kemper was incredible. That was casting done right. 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 5:55 PM, visionary said:

Been watching Perry Mason with my family and it's pretty good so far, even if it is a little confusing at times.

I've been watching. It hasn't reached that "HBO Sunday Night Magic" level that I'm accustomed to but it's good. I tuned in initially because it's HBO and particularly for Tatiana Maslany from Orphan Black. I think she's fantastic. 

What I'm REALLY looking forward to from HBO this summer is Lovecraft Country. THAT looks like my cup of tea. 

My wife and I have been hooked on Below Deck the past couple of weeks.  It's just one of those guilty pleasure shows and man it really makes me wish I did something different with my life after school and went to work as crew on a super yacht.  Traveling the world on someone else's dime while making good money at that age would have been incredible.  We've watched like 5 seasons over the past 3 weeks or so.

• Like 1