Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Watching the first episode of a new Expanse season always reminds me just how many good things can come to those who wait. The wait was worth it, and it's been long enough since I read the book that it's easier to judge the book and the TV series separately.

I've been leisurely cruising through White Collar, a great detective show that scratches my Mentalist itch. Nothing fills me with greater joy than seeing one of the co-stars from that show, Agent Burk, playing a Martian admiral in the Expanse.

Edited by NickyJ

On 12/22/2020 at 7:17 PM, visionary said:

Episode 5.4 of Expanse is out and holy ****!!!!!!

I love the Expanse...however...spoiler alert

Spoiler

I am pissed about how Naomi is being treated in this season.  So far a lot of her decision have been just downright naive.  Thru every season she has been tough as nails and suffered few delusions.  I mean, she certainly has a blind spot over the belters to some degree...but to fall into a trap that easily...I just don't buy it.  Maybe I'm still suffering PTSD from how dumb Tyrion became in the last few GOT seasons after having been so intelligent and calculating in the first few season.

Everything else is amazing tho.  And for the record: Avasarala may be my favorite character in any tv show this decade.  Her arc has been amazing.  I still don't know if I love her or hate her.  She is so quintessentially human.

1 minute ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I love the Expanse...however...spoiler alert

Hide contents

I am pissed about how Naomi is being treated in this season.  So far a lot of her decision have been just downright naive.  Thru every season she has been tough as nails and suffered few delusions.  I mean, she certainly has a blind spot over the belters to some degree...but to fall into a trap that easily...I just don't buy it.  

Spoiler

Guilt over not being there for her son and horror over how Marco effers him up.  This series has been remarkably on point as far as sticking to the novels.  This is an example.  Sets up something good, have no doubt about it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, KAOSkins said:
  Hide contents

Guilt over not being there for her son and horror over how Marco effers him up.  This series has been remarkably on point as far as sticking to the novels.  This is an example.  Sets up something good, have no doubt about it.

I have not read the novels KAO and will bow to your knowledge of them. And thank you for telling me to sit down, shut my yap and be patient...this one week release schedule seems so foreign and the sitting on my hands waiting is killing me.

• Like 1

Just binge watched Parfum (Perfume) on Netflix. German series loosely inspired by the classic French novel. Very dark, twisted and graphic. Brilliantly done, though the first episode is a bit slow. Not for the squeamish. Reminded me of the original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie (the Swedish version, not the sanitized Daniel Craig remake).

3 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I have not read the novels KAO and will bow to your knowledge of them. And thank you for telling me to sit down, shut my yap and be patient...this one week release schedule seems so foreign and the sitting on my hands waiting is killing me.

It's killing me.  I still find myself checking if the next episode is there almost every day.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

I've watched two episodes of Star Trek Lower Decks. Yeah, it's juvenile. But I'm enjoying it. 

I actually think Lower Decks would've gained more acceptance in the Trek community as a harmless and silly diversion if STD and Piccard weren't out there ****ting all over established Trek lore (I'm afraid I got some strong opinions about these two shows).  Kind of like the Family Guy / Robot chicken Star Wars entries...though Lower Decks is admittedly less clever.