Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Regarding the future of the ES Community...

Jumbo

22 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So I just realized that the "Washington Football Team" link at the top of the page doesn't work anymore.  Should we read into that?

It's been down for the better part of a year. I think it's just a leftover from when the team decided to forget how poorly the rebrand was marketed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Destino said:

the plan is to get ourselves invited to a party at Magic Johnson’s house and then casually bring up the message board between amusing stories told over drinks. 

Who said we needed to be invited? Where's YOUR sense of adventure?

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

17 hours ago, Destino said:

the plan is to get ourselves invited to a party at Magic Johnson’s house and then casually bring up the message board between amusing stories told over drinks. 

Can you tell him someone’s registered a twitter bot as his name?

I mean look at this ****. It’s awful. 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, tshile said:

Can you tell him someone’s registered a twitter bot as his name?

I mean look at this ****. It’s awful. 

I suspect that Ron Rivera is running that account. Because he’s not spending time coaching the team.

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I've been here awhile, even long before my official "join" date. I am a daily visitor and read way too many of the postings but rarely post as I
often see my thoughts already expressed. I nearly lost my mind when the site vanished for a couple days. I was literally thinking 
"WTF am I gonna do?". 

Dr. Joe

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 11/14/2023 at 5:51 AM, dfitzo53 said:

This has been my assumption from the beginning. There's very little direct benefit to the team in operating ES, but there are some potential drawbacks. 

Potential?

Going back all the way to Summer 2020 its been obvious that even if the highest of franchise leadership isn't reading this board someone of consequence is.

When I hear hints of lawyers saying "we know what you do here" all the sudden it makes sense why the team acts like they don't know us. 

Trying to keep up with all the varying comments in the tailgate for example, let alone gameplay threads, is there a disclaimer here for the team to separate themselves from the opinions of the posters here?

I can see someone up there saying we aren't worth the headache, why I hope if they get to a point of being done they give us a chance at a clean split versus burying the site to keep from having to defend association with us.

I get that lawyers get paid to prevent potential issues, but this board is as vanilla as the internet can possibly be. They can kick every rock on planet earth with that nonsense. 

Swearing, nudity and talk of violence is not tolerated here and quickly wiped out if something somehow slips by.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So the board is at risk of going under?  Just great.  Although I've been here a while and only started posting more once I retired I don't know any members personally and have no contact info for anyone here. I guess I'll just wake up one morning and poof it's gone huh?  

This thread kinda goes into how we are attempting to make sure that doesn't happen.  

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I get that lawyers get paid to prevent potential issues, but this board is as vanilla as the internet can possibly be. They can kick every rock on planet earth with that nonsense. 

Swearing, nudity and talk of violence is not tolerated here and quickly wiped out if something somehow slips by.

Which is why I'm surprised, or maybe I missed it, some disclaimer the team can point to that these are fan opinions, not opinions of the organization because of being an official team site. 

This isn't the best place to throw ourselves under the bus, but I know I've said somethings that push the lines of being "tolerated", we're all given some rope to an extent.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This isn't the best place to throw ourselves under the bus, but I know I've said somethings that push the lines of being "tolerated", we're all given some rope to an extent.

You're using lines that apply to this site.  Lines get pushed here that are drawn here.  These don't exist on most any other site.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You're using lines that apply to this site.  Lines get pushed here that are drawn here.  These don't exist on most any other site.

The team doesn't "own" any other social media sites to my knowledge...there are laws that protect platforms to an extent from responsibility of the content of their users that I'm not sure where this one fits into. 

More questions then answers for me if that's a concern for them, I don't think its that simple as "other sites are worse".

9 hours ago, spjunkies said:

So this is, or is not, the right time to dust off the Babe Draft?

• Haha 4

Perhaps I should have put this in the college hoops thread, but I think it applies here, too.

I had a dream about ES last night...I dreamed that I was reading and noticed that @Dont Taze Me Brohad already changed his avatar to the Duke logo.  And you know how you can dream in "real time" (like you remember that your knee hurts or something)?  I was all kinds of confused because I couldn't figure out how I missed the entire conference season, with a UNC sweep to boot.  :ols:

Our rivalries are as important as our friendships...even when they haunt our dreams.  :1386:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Perhaps I should have put this in the college hoops thread, but I think it applies here, too.

I had a dream about ES last night...I dreamed that I was reading and noticed that @Dont Taze Me Brohad already changed his avatar to the Duke logo.  And you know how you can dream in "real time" (like you remember that your knee hurts or something)?  I was all kinds of confused because I couldn't figure out how I missed the entire conference season, with a UNC sweep to boot.  :ols:

Our rivalries are as important as our friendships...even when they haunt our dreams.  :1386:

Hmmm

You know they make medications for that stuff, right?

• Haha 2