Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Regarding the future of the ES Community...

Jumbo

• Jumbo pinned this topic

I love this forum. Although I don't post very often in The Stadium, it's because so many more people know more about football than me. I read a lot there.

The Tailgate is my online home. Most people on here treat each other with respect during our conversations no matter the topic. I can come here and learn about happenings from many different sources that I don't ordinarily go to.

So I really appreciate extreme skins even though it's no longer the official name.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Just now, PokerPacker said:

I'll start my own Extremeskins.  With Hookers.  ... And Blackjack.

Don't even have to change the name lol

I like this site. Really hope it stays.

This site has provided more bright spots for me than the football has.

Plus its a great resource for so many of my questions.

and my god I can't imagine tracking free agency any other way.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Not meant to be ominous, just cautionary.

Right now I think there's reason to be optimistic about this remaining as it is, but if the new ownership were to decide such a platform isn't of interest to them moving forward,  I hope people here who want to maintain a connection will have some plan.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Any chance the staff can share more context on what exactly happened and how it was resolved? There's been some ominous hints dropped but I'm not really sure what the situation is.

I'd prefer to let @TK decide what info from our group text is legit enough to present.

• Thumb up 2

Just now, Jumbo said:

I'd prefer to let @TK decide what info from our group text is legit enough to present.

I think we are clear to share that ix posted, on Reddit, "I was called, hands down, the worst poster on any topic there and I didn't get banned". 

And when that was posted, the forum came back. 

Do with that info as you will, folks.

• Haha 23

It’s not surprising this happened. Once Dan bought the site, there was always the chance he would shut it down.

It didn’t happen under him and kind of disappointing this blip under Harris.

Hopefully, it was just an inadvertent mistake and the Harris team realizes the value of this site.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think we are clear to share that ix posted, on Reddit, "I was called, hands down, the worst poster on any topic there and I didn't get banned". 

And when that was posted, the forum came back. 

Do with that info as you will, folks.

stoning-stone.gif

I just noticed that tomorrow is going to be my 20th anniversary here. Crazy to think that this place has been a part of my life since I was first able to purchase alcohol and all of my thirties. 

I'll likely slip into a deep depression whenever the powers that be decide to put us down for good 😔

• Like 7

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

I just noticed that tomorrow is going to be my 20th anniversary here. Crazy to think that this place has been a part of my life since I was first able to purchase alcohol and all of my thirties. 

I'll likely slip into a deep depression whenever the powers that be decide to put us down for good 😔

The 23rd is my 20th. 

Happy 20th, sir.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Not meant to be ominous, just cautionary.

Right now I think there's reason to be optimistic about this remaining as it is, but if the new ownership were to decide such a platform isn't of interest to them moving forward,  I hope people here who want to maintain a connection will have some plan.

As much as I post here, id pay something monthly if required to keep the servers up if they won't.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1