Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Regarding the future of the ES Community...

Jumbo

46 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Anyone else getting a puzzle to post a reply but not being able to get back to the reply page after getting the puzzle correct?

Edit it won't even let me post a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

I'm using Firefox too, but this isn't happening to me. 

Is it correct to say that there wasn't really a resolution to this other than we'll see what happens?

I'm essentially not on social media and don't have any interest in joining the likes of twitter.  If this site goes down, I think I'll probably end up at warpath

https://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php

unless somehow it becomes clear most of the people here are going somewhere else (I can see some of TK's twitter).

Warpath doesn't generally seem to be as large, as diverse, or as knowledgeable than the group here, but their larger than some of the other message boards left, and they do allow things like politics to be discussed.

Edited by PeterMP

On 12/31/2023 at 1:48 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yup.  Same for me. Probably should take this to the tech feedback thread though.

Where is the feedback thread? I haven't been able to find it in awhile.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thanks. I had no idea that was there, I remember it being in the same place as the classifieds. Either way, I was hoping there was something about the mobile version of the site crashing when opening certain threads. Not just the site but Chrome, Google Services, etc ...

Edited by Mufumonk

On 1/8/2024 at 7:48 PM, PeterMP said:

Is it correct to say that there wasn't really a resolution to this other than we'll see what happens?

I'm essentially not on social media and don't have any interest in joining the likes of twitter.  If this site goes down, I think I'll probably end up at warpath

https://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php

unless somehow it becomes clear most of the people here are going somewhere else (I can see some of TK's twitter).

Warpath doesn't generally seem to be as large, as diverse, or as knowledgeable than the group here, but their larger than some of the other message boards left, and they do allow things like politics to be discussed.

I appreciate you posting the link to that site.  If the word gets out here if this site goes down we can increase the traffic there and make it a better board. But I won't register there unless we lose ES, I'm pretty loyal to this site. 

• Thumb up 2

Haven't been on the site in a while but very fond memories. The end for me was the name change, I signed off on pretty much everything. I was frankly surprised my trusty laptop remembered my password lol.

Hail to the Redskins!

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 7:16 PM, Renegade7 said:

Cowboyszone has ads...that doesn't scare me...

I'd have zero problems with ads if it gives them some needed reason to keep this boat afloat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 5:31 PM, spjunkies said:

I just noticed that tomorrow is going to be my 20th anniversary here. Crazy to think that this place has been a part of my life since I was first able to purchase alcohol and all of my thirties. 

I'll likely slip into a deep depression whenever the powers that be decide to put us down for good 😔

Same here. I was 23. Now I'm gonna be double that age this year. I think so everyone feels safe of not losing contact if everyone sends me their name, address, phone number, social security number and mother's maiden name. I can keep it filed so we can ALWAYS stay in contact. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I been getting what appears to be a glitch notice (probably triggered by my laptop issue, and not the site) when I try to sign in sometimes,

saying "You do not have permission to..."

So next time I get that, I can't get happy and assume it's a glitch, but rather it might be everyone's permanent response to sign-in attempts.

• Sad 2