Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Regarding the future of the ES Community...

Jumbo

I didn't realize all the young, hip, Commanders fans treated people on circa year 2000s message boards with such disdain. 

Ok... go have your  reddit ragers and discord dances... this is the hipster hangout.  

The oldschool forum platform keeps put the riffyraff.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I didn't realize all the young, hip, Commanders fans treated people on circa year 2000s message boards with such disdain. 

Ok... go have your  reddit ragers and discord dances... this is the hipster hangout.  

The oldschool forum platform keeps put the riffyraff.

But the warpath.net had cookies today!! Like they were holding an impromptu real estate open house.  The Sam Howell thread has 669 posts!  

But I tried to start a Seahawks look a like thread and the mods were like oh my god you can’t do that it’s not remotely funny.  

Edited by kfrankie
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Mufumonk said:

Is there an official unofficial page on Reddit?

In the event that one day doomsday does come it wouldn't be a bad idea to start a thread there and brainstorm as to what to do next. Someone motioned discord on twitter/x. But I don't know much about discord though or if that is even a feasible platform for what we do here. 

I could also host but these forum software are pretty expensive. The free ones don't look as nice. I started to dabble into that a little today but decided to plant some grass instead lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

In the event that one day doomsday does come it wouldn't be a bad idea to start a thread there and brainstorm as to what to do next. Someone motioned discord on twitter/x. But I don't know much about discord though or if that is even a feasible platform for what we do here. 

I could also host but these forum software are pretty expensive. The free ones don't look as nice. I started to dabble into that a little today but decided to plant some grass instead lol

Discord isn't conducive to something like this.  It's more like a better version of mIRC, if anyone remembers that.  I use it for gaming but trying to use it as a message board would be impossible. Reddit could be a feasible alternative should the unthinkable happen, I think, with the proper setup.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I tried to go to that discord thing when the site was down and could not figure out how to use the damn thing. Yes I am old. I need nice big letters that are easy to read. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Should we have a meeting point in case it happens again...like when you have a fire escape plan at school or work? 

The alarm goes off, everyone goes over to the spot across the parking lot. I nominate TK to do the head count.

The emergency spot is TK's tweeter and us doing our part to bug Magic Johnson to fix the situation. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I am active on social media (dcryzin) and reddit and hockey forums but at the end of the day none allows me to speak my mind without fear of reprisal like Extremeskins. I may not always say something agreeable but I can promise you these are original opinions formed off research and education. 

during the blip I found myself accessing ES on my phone and desktop only to get errors. it wasn't the same and I had reddit and my hockey forum working. but I can't be as unencumbered as I can be here. 

seeing people laugh about the ES demise like "good riddance" concerned me. but at the same time I was also moved by the support which was about 85% of the comments I saw on the reddit thread and Twitter. This place is not perfect. Far from. We may disagree. but I've yet to see a community as close as this one. whether we are WVU fans, or Warrior fans or Maryland fans, we're damn ES. we've been here 15 or more years. and we're not.. ****ing...leaving. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Should we have a meeting point in case it happens again...like when you have a fire escape plan at school or work? 

The alarm goes off, everyone goes over to the spot across the parking lot. I nominate TK to do the head count.

I imagine all our profiles are attached to email addresses so we can reset our passwords...

I'd like to hear there's a way for a mass no-reply email to all of us and confirmation on how to contribute to a 6 month rainy day fund to buy time for what to do next in that case scenario.

Edited by Renegade7