Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DEA Raids WFT Facility, Home of Head Trainer

Dan T.

No reason to rush to judgment here. I have no clue. But I will say it IS possible to do something bad/nefarious while hiding it from others and simultaneously being good at doing non-nefarious things. It’s actually one of the hallmarks of a “successful” criminal. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kleese said:

No reason to rush to judgment here. I have no clue. But I will say it IS possible to do something bad/nefarious while hiding it from others and simultaneously being good at doing non-nefarious things. It’s actually one of the hallmarks of a “successful” criminal. 

Exactly! I excel at that :) 

Wow!  Where do we draw the line on the public's right to know in this kind of issue, especially in the investigative stage?

I'm a little concerned about the direction of how these investigation and allegations being aired for public comment before any investigation results were issued.  So down the road, do we also  need to air any potential civil discrepancies (bad credit ratings, failed investments, declined credit cards?) of all WFT players, coaches, groundskeepers, concession stand employees, TO personnel, etc.?

What criteria should we allow the media to use for blasting out WFT-employees' personal information into the public, especially for franchise staff not directly involved in the Team's performance in the field? 

It's enticing "click-bait" but I'd note how Washington is trying to attract quality professionals to rebuild this franchise's corporate culture.  But this kind of free-wheeling media release of very personal information still in the investigative stage, wouldn't give future prospective employees a sense that their personal information (political orientation,etc.) would be safeguarded from a premature release by the media.

Also I'm a little curious how a large organization like the Washington Post would hold up to this same level of scrutiny. Or is scrutiny just one way? Maybe this whole thing is better handled as a nice "Tailgate" type of topic? 

....Right now, I'm more concerned about Washington's linebackers problems for next week, rather than some potential  off-the-field charges against support staff, especially charges that are still under investigation.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Confused 1

I think the evidence will be pretty conclusive that PED's are not the issue here. His attorneys only need to show defensive game tape to illustrate this.

All I can say is change the friggin name already from Washington Football Team (WFT) to Washington Team Football..... (WTF) it solves so many problems and answers the whole team identity question, rather succinctly, I might add.  

I can barely remember when it was just about football around here.

Still excited for TH and the boys though, real underdog story there. 

• Like 1

Tyler Skaggs, pitcher for the Angels, died of an opioid overdose in 2019.  He obtained drugs through team employees.  It’s not a large leap to believe that the DEA is taking a closer look at how teams are administrating pain killers.  We’ll see how this plays out, but I don’t expect this to be some sort of recreational drug operation he’s running on the side.  Not when a player was contacted for the investigation back in March/April.

• Like 1