Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DEA Raids WFT Facility, Home of Head Trainer

Dan T.

26 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It’s also very jets, 49ers, seahawks, to name a few, since the DEA has raided their medical staff in the past. It doesn’t happen to ONLY our team. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/11/16/dea-agents-check-at-least-2-nfl-medical-staffs/19142307/

No it doesn't and nobody is saying that it does. It's just always some kind of bull**** and drama related to the team, that has nothing to do with sports.

Even now, when we seemingly have cleaned everything up, new FO, hiring women to strong positions instead of sexually harassing cheerleaders and secretaries, hiring people of color and dropping a racist team name, instead of being a mostly white run team, all these great things, we've turned a corner, then it's blammo. Right into a wall again. 

That's the issue. It's not that one thing happened. It's that one thing happens constantly, no matter how much better we appear on the outside.

It's like when the coaches talk about stacking good plays together. We do the opposite off the field.

45 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It’s also very jets, 49ers, seahawks, to name a few, since the DEA has raided their medical staff in the past. It doesn’t happen to ONLY our team. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/11/16/dea-agents-check-at-least-2-nfl-medical-staffs/19142307/

This is also very Football Team. “But it happens to others, too!”. Yes. And it’s nothing to be proud of. 

You are also entirely too literal at all times due to the fact you work for the team. 

It’s not good no matter how you spin it. Is it the end of the world? No. Is it good for a few jokes? You bet. It helps most of us keep our sanity.

• Thanks 3

Just now, KDawg said:

This is also very Football Team. “But it happens to others, too!”. Yes. And it’s nothing to be proud of. 

You are also entirely too literal at all times due to the fact you work for the team. 

It’s not good no matter how you spin it. Is it the end of the world? No. Is it good for a few jokes? You bet. It helps most of us keep our sanity.

Yes, I’m aware that what happened isn’t good, but I’m still going to stick to my opinion, that people calling it a “bad look” for the organization is just silly, unless information comes out that points to rivera or Snyder having been aware of what the trainer did, and not firing him. It would be one thing if they knew. But from everything that’s came out so far, that’s just simply not the case. It baffles me how so many people fail to understand that. It’s as if people expect rivera or the Snyder’s to be babysitting the trainer outside of work 24/7 or something. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yes, I’m aware that what happened isn’t good, but I’m still going to stick to my opinion, that people calling it a “bad look” for the organization is just silly, unless information comes out that points to rivera or Snyder having been aware of what the trainer did, and not firing him. It would be one thing if they knew. But from everything that’s came out so far, that’s just simply not the case. It baffles me how so many people fail to understand that. It’s as if people expect rivera or the Snyder’s to be babysitting the trainer outside of work 24/7 or something. 

In an idealistic world where there weren’t back channels and people catering to one another behind the scenes you’d be right. 

But that’s not how the world works. 

Regardless of actual guilt, when things like this go down there is generally a guilty by association opinion from the general public. That is what is “very Football Team. And that’s what you’re missing.

Theres always a story. There’s always something else surrounding this franchise. It’s not one occasion, it’s the summation. 

Can we see it likely has nothing to do with the team? Absolutely, except of course it was a team employee that did it… so it kind of does. But that doesn’t help the image of the franchise as it pertains to the NFL fans, free agents and players that we look to attract. 

Nothing is ever just what appears on the surface. Everything is layered. As is the case here. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Can we see it likely has nothing to do with the team? Absolutely, except of course it was a team employee that did it… so it kind of does. 

Again, “not team related” only means the thing he’s being accused of wasn’t related to his work with the team. That is what people are refusing to understand. 

It’s not saying what he did doesn’t have negative impacts on the team afterwards. We agree it has negative impacts. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Again, “not team related” only means the thing he’s being accused of wasn’t related to the team. That is what people are refusing to understand. 

It’s not saying what he did doesn’t have negative impacts on the team afterwards. We agree it has negative impacts. 

So why even take up the fight? That’s rhetorical, for what it’s worth. It doesn’t matter to me why you do or don’t. Just doesn’t seem worthy of the time investment. But to each their own.

• Like 2

I've watched posters die on some really sad hills in my day.

However, laying and dying on this hill, that is built of 2 decades of ineptitude, scandal, harassments, settlements, fines, legal troubles, <insert numerous other negative things here>, is just a whole new level of sadness.

Literally, nobody is saying this is the end of the world or that it's even some great big deal.  But when the guy you hired to change the culture, has one of his first major hires, getting raided at home and Redskins Park in less than 2 calendar years since he's shown up, and our players are getting interviewed by the authorities....that is the definition of a BAD LOOK.  Whether Rivera had the faintest idea that he was up to no good or not is irrelevant.  

EDIT: And you can click your laugh emotions all you want.  You are dying on this hill alone.  Just please, walk away, and find something else to defend.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No, whether rivera had the faintest idea that he was up to no good or not is 100% relevant. If he knew, and chose not to fire him, then that would be a bad look. You act as if he’s supposed to babysit him outside of work. No. Sorry, but no. 

That’s not at all what he said.

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That’s not at all what he said.

He said “Whether Rivera had the faintest idea that he was up to no good or not is irrelevant.”

he’s acting as if rivera is supposed to babysit the trainer outside of work. That’s simply unrealistic to expect Rivera to know every bad thing an employee does off the clock. 

as @kleese said earlier on in this thread, “it IS possible to do something bad/nefarious while hiding it from others and simultaneously being good at doing non-nefarious things”. And to me, THAT is what this situation sounds like. To pin that on rivera, is silly. It’s ridiculous. And I’ll continue to defend my opinion. 

@Cooleyfan1993Ask yourself this question...

Do you think Rivera is embarrassed and second guessing his decision to bring him on board?

If you are answering honestly here, clearly the answer is yes.  Whether RV is guilty or not is also irrelevant.  He's obviously involved to enough of an extent that the DEA raided his home and place of employment.  That's enough to make any man question his loyalty, which is why he brought him here to begin with.  

I highly doubt Ron was aware of whatever negative things RV was doing.  But I'd bet that he's second guessing himself and privately very pissed off that he went out of his way to bring this guy on, a guy who ran off a well respected doctor, and apparently doesn't have the greatest of reputations.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@Cooleyfan1993Ask yourself this question...

Do you think Rivera is embarrassed and second guessing his decision to bring him on board?

If you are answering honestly here, clearly the answer is yes.  Whether RV is guilty or not is also irrelevant.  He's obviously involved to enough of an extent that the DEA raided his home and place of employment.  That's enough to make any man question his loyalty, which is why he brought him here to begin with.  

I highly doubt Ron was aware of whatever negative things RV was doing.  But I'd bet that he's second guessing himself and privately very pissed off that he went out of his way to bring this guy on, a guy who ran off a well respected doctor, and apparently doesn't have the greatest of reputations.

I've hired 2 servers at work that I know sell bags. They don't at work, but it's there and I know they hustle after work. If they get pinched, that's on me for knowing. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've hired 2 servers at work that I know sell bags. They don't at work, but it's there and I know they hustle after work. If they get pinched, that's on me for knowing. 

Like, dime bags? Are secondhand prada purses kind of bags? Or grocery bags?

We need more details before we can pass judgement on you.

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This doofus really just PM'd me telling me to F Off. 🤣

Yeah, he does that some times. Prolly gonna really blow flames all over twitter about you now too.

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Like, dime bags? Are secondhand prada purses kind of bags? Or grocery bags?

We need more details before we can pass judgement on you.

You got a badge for them questions officer?

• Haha 2