Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DEA Raids WFT Facility, Home of Head Trainer

Dan T.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:40 AM, redskinss said:

I was just thinking the same thing.

If more and more reports come out of players not trusting this guy then how the hell was he one of the first guys brought here.

Makes Rivera look incompetent in not knowing what's going on with a major part of the organization. 

This guy worked for Don Shula and has a very long and respected tenure in the league who knows what the hell he was doing .

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/investigation-washington-trainer-ryan-vermillion-related-prescription

Sources: Investigation of WFT trainer Vermillion related to prescription drugs

36M AGO

The investigation of Washington Football Team Head Athletic Trainer Ryan Vermillion is related to “possible diversion of prescription drugs” to people who did not have a legitimate reason to get them, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

Federal investigators executed a search warrant at the Washington Football Team’s training facility and Vermillion's home Friday, law enforcement sources told News4.

Vermillion is on leave because of an investigation, the team said. 

“Ryan Vermillion has been placed on administrative leave due to an ongoing criminal investigation that is unrelated to the team,” the team said in a brief statement Monday.

There is no indication of any player involvement.

Head Coach Ron Rivera said in an exclusive interview with NBC Sports Washington that he put his trust in Vermillion.

“The only thing I can say about Ryan is, I know who Ryan is. Last year I trusted Ryan with my health, and I would do it again,” he said. 

When asked if he had received any questions about Vermillion from players, he said, “We’ll stick to the statement that’s been made, and we’ll focus in on playing football and try to stick to that.” 

Vermillion's attorney offered "no comment" when asked about the investigation. No one answered a knock on the door of the trainer's Loudoun County home on Monday. A man who appeared to be Vermillion could be seen driving away.

No charges were immediately filed, and no arrests were made.

• Like 1

Well, if it was prescription drugs that he was being raided for, and no players are believed to be involved, that makes sense why it’s unrelated to the team. And i can see why it would be easy for rivera to actually have zero idea he was doing that. 

maybe this wasn’t at all anything the organization did, and everyone was quick to blame the culture, or the organization for this? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, if it was prescription drugs that he was being raided for, and no players are believed to be involved, that makes sense why it’s unrelated to the team. And i can see why it would be easy for rivera to actually have zero idea he was doing that. 

maybe this wasn’t at all anything the organization did, and everyone was quick to blame the culture, or the organization for this? 🤷🏻‍♂️

We should wait until all the facts come out that's for sure. I will say it's a little concerning the NFLPA came out with a statement. I'm sure they are just covering their bases but it makes me nervous.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/10/06/nflpa-washington-football-team-dea-search/

“We believe this situation directly impacts player health and safety,” the players’ union said in a statement Wednesday. “The NFLPA insisted on language in our collective bargaining agreement that obligates clubs to adhere to all state and federal laws and regulations. We look forward to learning more so we can protect our players.”

7 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i hope this isn't going to affect the pharmaceutical poo-poo platter at the mods annual luau

Well about that.....

There won't be a luau ever again. But that's due to @PCS getting @thesubmittedone wasteyfaced with hooch filled beerbongs & telling to put on the grass skirt & give @Destino @MartinC lap dances.

Season 1 Cant Unsee GIF by Friends

This year, we're keeping it simple with a bbq. 

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You can create whatever narrative you want, but the fact of the matter is - it is related to the team.  Our head trainer is being investigated for prescription med fraud, so whether he's giving it to players/employees of the team is irrelevant.  Would it be worse, if he was illegally doing this for players/employees of the organization? Absolutely.  But it's still not a good look for us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You can create whatever narrative you want, but the fact of the matter is - it is related to the team.  Our head trainer is being investigated for prescription med fraud, so whether he's giving it to players/employees of the team is irrelevant.  Would it be worse, if he was illegally doing this for players/employees of the organization? Absolutely.  But it's still not a good look for us.

So clearly if he was doing something illegal on his own time the team had to have known? Or because he was doing it and they didn’t know (because perhaps he’s a very sneaky guy in his own personal time), that’s a “bad look” for the team? Come the **** on. It can be very easy for people to be doing shady, illegal **** outside of work and their boss to have zero idea. Blaming the organization is silly. Again, come the **** on. 

He could act all nice and innocent and like a good guy at the facility while doing this illegal **** in his down time, yet because rivera or the Snyder’s weren’t babysitting him outside of the office, it’s a “bad look”? LMAOOO sure. Whatever. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

20 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So clearly if he was doing something illegal on his own time the team had to have known? Or because he was doing it and they didn’t know (because perhaps he’s a very sneaky guy in his own personal time), that’s a “bad look” for the team? Come the **** on. It can be very easy for people to be doing shady, illegal **** outside of work and their boss to have zero idea. Blaming the organization is silly. Again, come the **** on. 

He could act all nice and innocent and like a good guy at the facility while doing this illegal **** in his down time, yet because rivera or the Snyder’s weren’t babysitting him outside of the office, it’s a “bad look”? LMAOOO sure. Whatever. 

I gather you to be the kind of guy who has umpteen excuses for everything.  The world doesn't sit around and think about all the excuses and narratives you just conjured up.  So when I say bad look, that's exactly what I mean.  What the world sees is that our head trainer is being investigated for prescription fraud.  This is also the team that Dan Snyder owns, that's been consistently trash on all levels since he bought the team.  So there is no storehouse of goodwill here.  

You can do you usual naive, LMAAOOO, drrt duh drrt routine all you want on this, it doesn't change what it looks like.  It looks bad, end of discussion, kthanksbye.

35 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I gather you to be the kind of guy who has umpteen excuses for everything.  The world doesn't sit around and think about all the excuses and narratives you just conjured up.  So when I say bad look, that's exactly what I mean.  What the world sees is that our head trainer is being investigated for prescription fraud.  This is also the team that Dan Snyder owns, that's been consistently trash on all levels since he bought the team.  So there is no storehouse of goodwill here.  

You can do you usual naive, LMAAOOO, drrt duh drrt routine all you want on this, it doesn't change what it looks like.  It looks bad, end of discussion, kthanksbye.

there’s literally information that states none of the players are involved in this. What this whole thing sounds like is Vermillion was handing out prescription drugs outside of work. Is Snyder

supposed to babysit him outside of work? Is rivera supposed to babysit him outside of work? (There’s only one correct answer here, stop pretending you don’t know it). 

if the players or coaches were involved in this, then I’d agree that it’s a bad look for them. But all evidence points to nobody having any possible way of knowing what vermillion was doing in his free time, away from work. It’s 100% silly and downright ridiculous to blame the organization for this. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It’s 100% silly and downright ridiculous to blame the organization for this. 

Do you not understand the difference between a bad look and being guilty of something?

A bad look means the optics aren’t good.  When you are a trash franchise that’s been doing trash things for decades, you don’t get any benefit of doubt.

Nobody at this point knows the extent of what he’s accused of or if he’s even guilty at all.  What we do know is the authorities thought it was serious enough that they passed it to the DEA, who thought it was serious enough that they raided his office at Redskins Park, for everyone to see.  They’ve also been poking around and interviewing our current players and former players as well. It impacts the team whether you want it to or not.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Do you not understand the difference between a bad look and being guilty of something?

A bad look means the optics aren’t good.  When you are a trash franchise that’s been doing trash things for decades, you don’t get any benefit of doubt.

Nobody at this point knows the extent of what he’s accused of or if he’s even guilty at all.  What we do know is the authorities thought it was serious enough that they passed it to the DEA, who thought it was serious enough that they raided his office at Redskins Park, for everyone to see.  They’ve also been poking around and interviewing our current players and former players as well. It impacts the team whether you want it to or not.

Except, we DO know what he’s been accused of, it’s literally in an article....it’s there for you to read. 

The investigation of Washington Football Team Head Athletic Trainer Ryan Vermillionis related to “possible diversion of prescription drugs” to people who did not have a legitimate reason to get them, according to sources familiar with the investigation. 

“There is no indication of any player involvement.

his actions weren’t team related, however obviously we’re all aware that doesn’t mean his actions don’t have an after-affect on the team. 

if rivera and Snyder knew he was doing this outside of work but still kept him, then it would be a bad look. But again, you can’t seriously expect Snyder or rivera to have any way of knowing what he’s doing outside of work in his free time...thats silly. Again, come the **** on. Come the actual **** on. That’s silly and you know it. 

31 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

there’s literally information that states none of the players are involved in this. What this whole thing sounds like is Vermillion was handing out prescription drugs outside of work. Is Snyder

supposed to babysit him outside of work? Is rivera supposed to babysit him outside of work? (There’s only one correct answer here, stop pretending you don’t know it). 

if the players or coaches were involved in this, then I’d agree that it’s a bad look for them. But all evidence points to nobody having any possible way of knowing what vermillion was doing in his free time, away from work. It’s 100% silly and downright ridiculous to blame the organization for this. 

I work in restaurants. If I'm the chef and I'm pinched selling parrot fish filets or conch out of season to my friends, that absolutely reflects on the owner and the restaurant, regardless if it's on the menu or not.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I work in restaurants. If I'm the chef and I'm pinched selling parrot fish filets or conch out of season to my friends, that absolutely reflects on the owner and the restaurant, regardless if it's on the menu or not.

Yes, it has impacts on them, i agree. That doesn’t mean they should be blamed or ridiculed for something they couldn’t have had any possible way of knowing.

And in this case, its a very likely possibility that rivera and Snyder couldn’t have had any possible way of knowing what the trainer was doing outside of work. of course that doesn’t mean there arent negative impacts (players getting injured because the trainer they’re used to isn’t there). It just means the thing that led up to the raid had nothing to do with the team. 

all im saying is, im not going to hold rivera or the organization accountable for something they had no possible way of knowing about, until and unless information comes out that points to them knowing prior to this and not firing him. Someone could be the nicest person at work while keeping his or her illegal activities a secret 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

15 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That's a reasonable assumption, but given the team's track record, many of us are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This is also very Football Team.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This is also very Football Team.

It’s also very jets, 49ers, seahawks, to name a few, since the DEA has raided their medical staff in the past. It doesn’t happen to ONLY our team. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/11/16/dea-agents-check-at-least-2-nfl-medical-staffs/19142307/

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Thumb up 1