Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DEA Raids WFT Facility, Home of Head Trainer

Dan T.

From CNBC:

Federal investigators executed a search warrant at the Washington Football Team’s training facility and a nearby home on Friday, law enforcement sources tell News4. The team’s head athletic trainer is on leave because of an investigation, the team said. 

Ryan Vermillion, the WFT’s director of sports medicine and head athletic trainer, is on leave, the team said in a brief statement Monday. 

“Ryan Vermillion has been placed on administrative leave due to an ongoing criminal investigation that is unrelated to the team,” the team said. 

Vermillion didn’t immediately comment and it was unclear if he had a lawyer.

The searches occurred Friday afternoon at the INOVA Sports Performance Center in Ashburn and at a home in Loudoun County, sources said.

Residents of the townhome complex said they saw multiple U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents. 

Feds searched Washington Football Team facility, trainer on leave (cnbc.com)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

The DEA executed the raid huh...Ryan out there trafficking roids? Or do you guys think he was partaking in the ole nostril sugar?

Better hope it was 'roids.  If he had the booger sugar at the training facility, that's just bad.

Steroids are bad but in a game where a linebacker can be 6'2, weigh 255 pounds of sheer muscle and run a 4.55 40, I feel they're somewhat more explainable/acceptable.  

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m 100% certain that our organization has not a problem with any performance enhancing substances at any point over the last 25 years.

I think you are right. The way we were tackling sounds like he was using experimental laxatives on our players.

• Haha 8
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

This is very Football Team.

Need to be fair in that he was at Carolina for 18 yrs. SO this did not originate in Washington. Now it does call Ron's judgement into questions. Should he have known what this guy was up to? Do we even know what it was yet? 

i wonder if coming here is how he got found out? Lot's of missing details. 

• Like 1

Dude took advantage of his position.  Nobody notices when you skim a lil err now and then.  Well…jus when you think nobody is still watchin, Feds in masks show up to ruin your plan.  This isn’t on the WFT.  Matter of fact, I’d bet RR was interviewed and played a role to ID this dude.  

as a retired fed, this is my final answer

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Need to be fair in that he was at Carolina for 18 yrs. SO this did not originate in Washington. Now it does call Ron's judgement into questions. Should he have known what this guy was up to? Do we even know what it was yet? 

i wonder if coming here is how he got found out? Lot's of missing details. 

Or it’s just a very Football Team thing.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is unbeliev....... it's um believable.

It's a drug ring with Vermillion, Brucifer, Cerrato, and Zorn.  Haynesworth and Archuletta are the dealers.  Needless to say, they are losing money.....

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Hopkins has to be involved in this drug ring.

I don't know if he's quite up to snuff yet, that's a pretty elite club.  However, the boys like what they've seen recently, "he has potential..." is the word on the street

Edited by DiscoBob

As I said in the FO thread, Ryan Vermillion putting a whole new twist on "winning off the field"

"The opioids are actually damn good" -Team President Ryan Vermillion

"Are you talking about all the narcotics and stuff?" -General Manager Ryan Vermillion

"No heroin, no diamonds" -QB Ryan Vermillion

"The DEA done messed up" -QB Ryan Vermillion

• Like 2