Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DEA Raids WFT Facility, Home of Head Trainer

Dan T.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not a good look for Ron making this one of his first hires, ugh.

I was just thinking the same thing.

If more and more reports come out of players not trusting this guy then how the hell was he one of the first guys brought here.

Makes Rivera look incompetent in not knowing what's going on with a major part of the organization. 

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I was just thinking the same thing.

If more and more reports come out of players not trusting this guy then how the hell was he one of the first guys brought here.

Makes Rivera look incompetent in not knowing what's going on with a major part of the organization. 

And we lost our Head DR because of him. REALLY bad look. Again, on the wrong side of the issue.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wyvern said:

Wow!  Where do we draw the line on the public's right to know in this kind of issue, especially in the investigative stage?

I'm a little concerned about the direction of how these investigation and allegations being aired for public comment before any investigation results were issued.  So down the road, do we also  need to air any potential civil discrepancies (bad credit ratings, failed investments, declined credit cards?) of all WFT players, coaches, groundskeepers, concession stand employees, TO personnel, etc.?

What criteria should we allow the media to use for blasting out WFT-employees' personal information into the public, especially for franchise staff not directly involved in the Team's performance in the field? 

It's enticing "click-bait" but I'd note how Washington is trying to attract quality professionals to rebuild this franchise's corporate culture.  But this kind of free-wheeling media release of very personal information still in the investigative stage, wouldn't give future prospective employees a sense that their personal information (political orientation,etc.) would be safeguarded from a premature release by the media.

Also I'm a little curious how a large organization like the Washington Post would hold up to this same level of scrutiny. Or is scrutiny just one way? Maybe this whole thing is better handled as a nice "Tailgate" type of topic? 

When guys in DEA jackets are walking in and out of an NFL team headquarters on a Monday, hauling stuff out in evidence bags, and neighbors notice the same thing at the  home of the team's head trainer, that's what people in the journalism biz call "news."  Of COURSE it's going to be reported.  

It's a bit disingenuous to be criticizing the Washington Post for reporting this or for the team for putting out a statement about it.

What a classic example of shooting the messenger.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

What a classic example of shooting the messenger.

Is that not what our fans have been doing about the WaPo for a few decades now?  I was hoping our fans would be over that by now given nearly every 'hit piece' about the top brass in Ashburn has been pretty much on point.

It's not like the WaPo was the only place to report on this either, folks were talking about this on Twitter before that article even came out.  There is no hiding a DEA raid, word gets around...fast.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not a good look for Ron making this one of his first hires, ugh.

I agree.  But Ron credits RV in keeping him safe navigating a pandemic last season with cancer.  Also, Washington did a great job of keeping players available during COVID.  

But, yeah, appears that RV was good at “managing up”, but not trustworthy in the view of multiple players.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

I agree.  But Ron credits RV in keeping him safe navigating a pandemic last season with cancer.  Also, Washington did a great job of keeping players available during COVID.  

But, yeah, appears that RV was good at “managing up”, but not trustworthy in the view of multiple players.

I really don't know much about the dude one way or the other, so it's hard for me to make a definitive statement about it.

For example, the DEA issue - I can see how that could be beyond Ron's view.  There are plenty of people who get into nefarious activities that their employers know nothing about.  But the former players speaking out about how they didn't trust him in conjunction with one of our own, who happens to be a class act in Alex Smith, also not trusting him - is a really bad look any way you chop it up.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If this happens to any (or almost any) other team in sports and fans are freaking out, worried, inching closer to the ledge... no us.  We, Redskin WTF are so damn used to embarrassing headlines on and off the field that Staff members being raided by the DEA barely bats and eye.  I have several close friends who are fans of this team and this news doesn't even garner a text to or from any of em. Its just one more thing on an ever growing list.

Some fans are so spoiled with wins and a lack of scandal.  We are calloused.  Strong.  Tough.  Resilient.    Hmm or maybe we are insane, fools, masochists.  Cant decide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

If this happens to any (or almost any) other team in sports and fans are freaking out, worried, inching closer to the ledge... no us.  We, Redskin WTF are so damn used to embarrassing headlines on and off the field that Staff members being raided by the DEA barely bats and eye.  I have several close friends who are fans of this team and this news doesn't even garner a text to or from any of em. Its just one more thing on an ever growing list.

Some fans are so spoiled with wins and a lack of scandal.  We are calloused.  Strong.  Tough.  Resilient.    Hmm or maybe we are insane, fools, masochists.  Cant decide.

V3lcmdF.png

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Yup, about sums it up methinks. We certainly are something are we not?  Yeesh.