Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Brown will pick up the slack, so much so Samuels is traded.

Trade to who for what? You don't want him here because you think he is either not good enough or can't stay on the field but also believe he has trade value? If he busts out for us - and it's way way way too early for that kind of discussion - what value would he be to another team? And who will pick up that contract? The best you can do is release him and cut your losses. But that's is not happening until at least after the 2022 season. Below is his contract. 

image.png.d9b04c06a29b06bbd6ce02b3df59f9b4.png

• Like 1

I’m glad Ron brought up Bobby McCain. We got killed last year when opposing offenses went deep and Bobby should help tremendously with that issue. I think we’ll still need another season to shore up our linebackers and run defense, but hopefully Landon Collins helps with that and Jamin can take over for Bostic in sub-packages by the time we get to that run of division games in the schedule. 

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Trade to who for what? You don't want him here because you think he is either not good enough or can't stay on the field but also believe he has trade value? If he busts out for us - and it's way way way too early for that kind of discussion - what value would he be to another team? And who will pick up that contract? The best you can do is release him and cut your losses. But that's is not happening until at least after the 2022 season. Below is his contract. 

image.png.d9b04c06a29b06bbd6ce02b3df59f9b4.png

The trade would be in the 22 off-season. I think Samuels plays very little for us. I think Brown plays so well, he becomes our solid #2. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd be surprised if he gets much of an opportunity. Too far down the depth chart.  It would likely mean lots of injuries at WR.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but the season hasn't even started, and our #2 receiver is already down.

So even before the 1st game, Milne has already moved up a notch.

Humphries has an injury history as recent as last season. And doesn't Milne backup Humph ?

And Milne has also been moving up an incline, by his own volition and accomplishment, as well.

Then there's the fact that he might be used as a returner.

Whether he's active or inactive on gameday, neither would surprise me, and a lot could change by the 2nd half of the season.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Commanders. Yuck.

Among the horrid names they're considering, that's one of the best.

There are definitely worse ones on the list.

It's not that bad.

I would be okay with it, because at least it's not an Intangible.

Really tired of Intangible names taking up all of sports

50 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The trade would be in the 22 off-season. I think Samuels plays very little for us. I think Brown plays so well, he becomes our solid #2. 

OK, still who trades for him and for what? Sorry but too many people say on one hand they want rid of a player that they are no good or because they have a football crush on another player (which is 100% fine BTW we are all guilty of that) but then expect the team to trade them. You can't just manufacture trade partners, especially for a guy who has not performed for you. 

Brown looks like a great prospect and could become a #2. No problem rooting for that but Samuels plays a very different role in that he can play X, Y, Z and can also play RB in both passing downs and running downs. For me there is a better chance both players become solid players and contribute.

Players get injured. That's why you have depth. But if he does not play much for us, no one is going to trade anything for him. That is just thrown around way too much without any thought to who would want them and how would you get. 

Released after 2022? Certainly possible, especially if he barely gets on the field. Some dead cap but also provides some cap relief if needed. But traded? Not going to happen. 

I personally would like to see him get healthy are be that gadget player he can be. That does nothing to slow Browns development, There will be plenty of balls to go around if guys are playing well. 

Ideally we need to be .500 by the bye week, then .500 by week 14. Then we have 5 straight games against the East that we need to win out. Any win that puts us over .500 before we play the cowboys is great. If Samuels is 100% going into that cowboys game we can use him to really get hot going into the final stretch and into the playoffs. 

• Like 3

Kinda feel like we should have nabbed Lat Murray.

Largely because I missed out on Gibson in my sole season long fantasy, but whateves. Patterson can be our hammer if Gibson is gassed and needs a breather on a short yardage down.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Largely because I missed out on Gibson in my sole season long fantasy, but whateves. Patterson can be our hammer if Gibson is gassed and needs a breather on a short yardage down.

I'm really sweating it out over Gibson.  Took him with the 2nd pick after Macaffrey.  Hoping he'll be Macaffrey 2.0.  (Bigger, faster, etc.)  And because there is LITERALLY (as Chris Traegor would say) no other option for a short yardage/goal line back on the team.  No Samuels right now to take carries away either.  

Love Patterson.  But he can't move a pile.  Just not big enough.  As we saw in the Ravens game.

Edited by ThomasRoane

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ideally we need to be .500 by the bye week, then .500 by week 14. Then we have 5 straight games against the East that we need to win out. Any win that puts us over .500 before we play the cowboys is great. If Samuels is 100% going into that cowboys game we can use him to really get hot going into the final stretch and into the playoffs. 

Dallas has too easy of a schedule to be optimistic about repeating as East Champs.  The difference could be in the depth chart as WFT has far better depth all over the roster.  Dak looked really good.  Those WRs are the reel deal.  They can score points and if there Defense is decent, they just need to stay healthy.  Much better competition this year.  Should be great to watch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I’m completely with you. Murray is big, doesn’t have a lot of mileage on him and was a very good complement to Kamara. They are already saying he will be the main guy in Baltimore once he’s in game shape. 

I like Pattersons potential but he’s a rookie and has plenty of time. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I’m completely with you. Murray is big, doesn’t have a lot of mileage on him and was a very good complement to Kamara. They are already saying he will be the main guy in Baltimore once he’s in game shape. 

I like Pattersons potential but he’s a rookie and has plenty of time. 

So who goes if you sign him?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

This is a ridiculously short-sighted move. 

I get it. You are infatuated with this 53-man roster…. and can’t see any room for improvement…. Not even for RB2, RB3, and TE4.

We have a G on an $18M franchise tag…. apparently our NFL coach values shortsightedness.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Curtis Samuel to the IR.  damn... Ok D Brown.. next man up.

The need for the #2 WR has been so great, the hype surrounding Dyami Brown so great and expectations set so high for him that it's going to be difficult for him to live up to those expectations. Now that Samuel is out for a while longer, those expectations of Brown will be even greater. He has a good chance of being the next superstar on this team if he can live up to those expectations. It could be tough on him if he doesn't though.

Just now, SonnySideUp said:

The need for the #2 WR has been so great, the hype surrounding Dyami Brown so great and expectations set so high for him that it's going to be difficult for him to live up to those expectations. Now that Samuel is out for a while longer, those expectations of Brown will be even greater. He has a good chance of being the next superstar on this team if he can live up to those expectations. It could be tough on him if he doesn't though.

Nah....no pressure. Fitz will steer the ship and everyone will be involved. I actually hope Terry gets 12 targets and Thomas gets 10 with the rest being spread out...maybe 5 or 6 shots to Brown. Brown just needs to not do stupid things and play his game. 

• Like 2

Bruising back who works hard, stays humble, breaks tackles,always falls forward and can get you a few tough yards near the goal line?  Not to mention he was released from your week 2 divisional opponents roster 3 weeks ago, recently enough to give insight into playcalls, o-line tendancies and snap counts?

Bring Alf home to replace Barber?

images (10).jpeg

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1

SMH at Ron. Listen buddy, the media has been around here longer than you have. They have every reasonable conclusion to think Samuels injury is worse then you suggest. I mean, you were already wrong about it in preseason so its not unreasonable to think you are wrong again.  

3 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

Well it’s the NFL.  Big boys game.   I get your point but living up to expectations is the name of the game - seize the opportunity and get paid.  

Someone once said “no pressure no diamonds”.  Maybe they were on to something. ;)

The way I look at it, Samuels' absence means that Brown is getting a great developmental opportunity in his rookie year.  He could get more looks, and more opportunities for seasoning in the NFL style of game.  Assuming he has star WR potential inside him, he's going to have the chance to accelerate its emergence.

It's been my experience that one generally gets a realistic assessment of an NFL's receiver's true ceiling by around year 3. This opportunity might might allow the Washington coaches a chance to really find out about Brown more quickly while it also allow Brown to "show his stuff"  at the same pace afforded to 1st-round draft-picks

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 3

Thanks.  I deleted "reps" from my earlier post.

Considering the coaches' stated desire for position flexibilty, I felt we might see more looks and plays involving Brown (rather than simply spelling for McLaurin),  while Samuels is out.  My sense is the coaches might want to look to Brown on occasion for that speed Samuels was going to bring to the offense. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Dallas has too easy of a schedule to be optimistic about repeating as East Champs.  The difference could be in the depth chart as WFT has far better depth all over the roster.  Dak looked really good.  Those WRs are the reel deal.  They can score points and if there Defense is decent, they just need to stay healthy.  Much better competition this year.  Should be great to watch.

I don’t agree that Dallas has “too easy” a schedule. They have the same opponents as us mostly, and the three opponents they have we don’t are:

@New England

@Minnesota

vs Arizona

I don’t expect any of those teams to be slouches really. Minnesota maybe, but NE should be better, and Arizona is a darkhorse. Are they a grade below the teams we play? For sure. But I wouldn’t say that makes Dallas’s schedule “too easy”

Plus, they get opponents like the Chiefs and Saints on the road, while we get them at home. 

• Like 2