Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

9 hours ago, Wyvern said:

Thanks.  I deleted "reps" from my earlier post.

Considering the coaches' stated desire for position flexibilty, I felt we might see more looks and plays involving Brown (rather than simply spelling for McLaurin),  while Samuels is out.  My sense is the coaches might want to look to Brown on occasion for that speed Samuels was going to bring to the offense. 

I wouldn't be on this.  Last year Ron was talking a lot about the lack of experience in the WR room. I want Brown brought along slowly because of we rush him and put too much pressure on him it can hurt him.  

18 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

The need for the #2 WR has been so great, the hype surrounding Dyami Brown so great and expectations set so high for him that it's going to be difficult for him to live up to those expectations. Now that Samuel is out for a while longer, those expectations of Brown will be even greater. He has a good chance of being the next superstar on this team if he can live up to those expectations. It could be tough on him if he doesn't though.

Where's the love for Cam. He played well last year, especially in that Tampa game. He will have his drop here and there but I don't trust Brown yet because he's simply never done it. Dude was a third rounder and were acting like he's the Strausberg of the draft. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Where's the love for Cam. He played well last year, especially in that Tampa game. He will have his drop here and there but I don't trust Brown yet because he's simply never done it. Dude was a third rounder and were acting like he's the Strausberg of the draft. 

I’m with ya on cam tho I don’t share the sentiment you have for brown.  I love cam at 2.  He has a knack for getting open when it counts.  Cams already made big plays for us.  I wonder if brown gets used more in the slot to create space.  

thing is…how nice is it to be having these convos about our own version of next man up.  We’re a deep team.  …minus lb 

5 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

I’m with ya on cam tho I don’t share the sentiment you have for brown.  I love cam at 2.  He has a knack for getting open when it counts.  Cams already made big plays for us.  I wonder if brown gets used more in the slot to create space.  

thing is…how nice is it to be having these convos about our own version of next man up.  We’re a deep team.  …minus lb 

Brown doesn’t strike me as a slot guy. I expected two variations of our 3 receiver sets: Terry and Curtis outside with Humphries in the slot and Terry and Brown on the outside with Curtis in the slot or moving/in the backfield. 

I expect Brown will be used more exclusively outside and Cam/Terry will alternate the other outside and slot as well as Humphries rotating into the slot (but obviously not outside). 

Maybe I’ve missed it but has Brown seen slot snaps in the preseason? I don’t know why I see him as more a downfield guy then a twitchy slot player but for those that are more familiar with him does he project as someone that could be effective there?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I think Cam sort of is who he is at this point...not bad but basically a JAG. IMO Brown has way more potential and upside; he's faster, quicker and I think he already looks smoother running routes than Cam does. I'm fine with Cam getting snaps, but not at the expense of getting Brown much needed experience and reps because I don't really think Cam has much more upside than he's already shown. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Repeating myself a little from a different thread. The one advantage of Samuels going on IR is that Fitz is now throwing to players he's practiced with and sort of knows or at least has his timing down on to a greater extent. I remember times when our back up QB comes in and all of a sudden a less productive receiver or a back up starts being more productive. It's usually because that receiver is practicing on the second string with that QB. 

Anyway, that's my silver lining and I'm sewing with it.

• Like 5

On 9/10/2021 at 4:39 PM, ThomasRoane said:

I'm really sweating it out over Gibson.  Took him with the 2nd pick after Macaffrey.  Hoping he'll be Macaffrey 2.0.  (Bigger, faster, etc.)  And because there is LITERALLY (as Chris Traegor would say) no other option for a short yardage/goal line back on the team.  No Samuels right now to take carries away either.  

Love Patterson.  But he can't move a pile.  Just not big enough.  As we saw in the Ravens game.

Kind of kicking myself for not taking Gibson at #4. Just missed out on him on the turn...

3 hours ago, Wyvern said:

Kyle Shurmer, huh? 

Actually, when I checked into who was available on the PS of other teams, I thought Washington might try to sign Webb Davis from the Bills practice squad. 

Evidently,  no deal could be worked out for Steve Montez.

Davis Webb.  I like him, but we aren't signing to the active roster so you can't poach a PS to a PS.  Which is why we got Shurmur.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jericho said:

The team is currently sitting at 51 players are IRing both Samuel and Fitzpatrick. Wonder if they're looking at any vets now that their salary isn't guaranteed for the year

I think we signed Jared Norris to the roster rather than just calling him up for the game so 52