Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

Felt like we didnt have enough at WR as it is and now with Samuel likely out we are in trouble at that position yet again. He should have opted for surgery, that was a big mistake. We need another big name alongside Terry and another solid dependable WR imo. Terry is just gonna get doubled again all year long unless Samuel comes back but who knows if he even will. 

This thread is starting to look like back when gibson said he was almost 100 percent from the turf toe and everyone put him out to pasture.

it sucks that Samuel is still suffering from the lingering effects of this injury but he's not dead, we have no idea howlong this will last an calling him a free agent bust at this point is absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Redwolves92 said:

Felt like we didnt have enough at WR as it is and now with Samuel likely out we are in trouble at that position yet again. He should have opted for surgery, that was a big mistake. We need another big name alongside Terry and another solid dependable WR imo. Terry is just gonna get doubled again all year long unless Samuel comes back but who knows if he even will. 

The team should recommend and demand he have surgery.  

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, Redwolves92 said:

This isn't as dire as last year when they had no one alongside Terry.  They drafted Brown and have Humphries as a guy in the slot.  Guys need to step up and they need to just start drafting WRs every year in case **** happens.

I'm actually okay with our receiver group minus Samuel. Obviously not as high on it as I would be with him on it. 

Brown is going to get a better chance to show out. Humphries is reliable. Milne should get a shot. If Milne is even halfway decent and Brown can provide something we're further ahead than we were going into this season.

I'm not high on Cam Sims. He's gonna get a shot to prove me wrong here, too.

It's definitely a blow, but I think we're still better than last year (low bar).

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Redwolves92 said:

What?  You don't get surgery when you pull a groin.  Unless he had issues extending into the core muscles there's no reason to cut someone open for a groin injury.  They have these cool things called MRI's that give a practitioner the ability to view internal, 360' full 3D images. 

Groin injuries take a long time to heal. Minimum is 8 weeks. MINIMUM. 

Rehab process, unfortunately includes getting past scar tissue, which in itself is a minor tear.  Then it's sore again and has to heal.  Unfortunately this is a process. It takes time. He'll miss a few games before he's full speed. Likely 2 weeks to 10 days at a clip.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

What?  You don't get surgery when you pull a groin.  Unless he had issues extending into the core muscles there's no reason to cut someone open for a groin injury.  They have these cool things called MRI's that give a practitioner the ability to view internal, 360' full 3D images. 

Groin injuries take a long time to heal. Minimum is 8 weeks. MINIMUM. 

Rehab process, unfortunately includes getting past scar tissue, which in itself is a minor tear.  Then it's sore again and has to heal.  Unfortunately this is a process. It takes time. He'll miss a few games before he's full speed. Likely 2 weeks to 10 days at a clip.

Is that what it sounds like? Tearing of scar tissue, part of process?

Actually, I think Cam may turn out to be a pleasant surprise, and I suspect Sims' role might benefit if Samuels absence turns out to be long-term

IMHO, the bigger downside from a long-term Samuels absence might be on the running game  -- they might need to bring in someone like Isaiah Wright as support for Gibson, unless Patterson shows he's some strong receiving skills.  (That also depends on how speedy of a runner McKissic can be on reverses.)

Edited by Wyvern

5 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Is that what it sounds like? Tearing of scar tissue, part of process?

I don't have the MRI.

Every year people freak out about injuries and then scramble for info.  I do my best to lay out the possibilities and read between the lines.

Rehab process for soft tissue injuries includes a phase where you have to test it.  At some point you have to get past the scar tissue that builds up and that in itself is another tear.  It's not the same as the first occurrence and to the athlete it feels like a setback.  It's rather normal and ultimately the same process to heal it, then test it again.  2 steps forward, one step back until it holds up and you get a breakthrough session.  Once you get a breakthrough session, the confidence is built and the athlete is ready to go 100%. 

Right now, it's likely he's pushed past some scar tissue build up and will be sore for a week to 10 days before he tests again.  Think of it like if you're bodybuilding and hit it hard one day and then you're sore for a week...do you need surgery!? 

• Thanks 5

It’s interesting because his injury was lingering for a while now and you had one group who was extremely hesitant about the timing and of course nervous about his recovery. 

The other group was more calm about the situation, implying the season was three months away or lack of importance for the preseason and he is on track.

Of course Ron didn’t help the situation.

Now the season is upon us. The first group is still nervous and not confident. The second group is still calm but some are now suggesting it’s not a big loss because we’re not losing anything and we have Dyami, who I hope he turns into a stud BUT he is an unproven rookie.

Curtis going down is a major problem, until it isn’t. This really sucks. I hope he recovers fully soon. It helps everyone. 

Samuel not being available is an issue because of his role in the playbook. Could be akin to Jordan Reed in the Gruden years as far as impact and ability to influence a defense to the benefit of others on O. 

But..... it's a long season. 

Can he come back in 4-6 weeks? Does he light it up? If yes, then all is still good. 

Until he's out for the season, I am chill about the sitch. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I actually remember Alex Smith verbally singling out Sims, as the guy he raved about the most.

To have 2 longtime veterans like Fitz and Smith, not just compliment you, but go out of their way to excessively praise the guy means a lot.

Somebody start a thread, "Time for a LTD for Sims. Sims for life"

Or maybe we can re-open this one...

@Vanguard was the first person to carry around a Sims Card...

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I'm actually okay with our receiver group minus Samuel. Obviously not as high on it as I would be with him on it. 

It's a level up from last year.  Samuel adds a different dimension to the offense, so it's a bump when he's ready to roll. 

I think the slot is upgraded and Brown's speed is a factor. If they stack McLaurin, they'll pay.

I share the same sentiment.  First 2-4 weeks is all about the Defense traditionally.

If we end up in a position where we need to look at outside WR help (I don’t think we’re there yet because I guarantee that the staff built this sort of slow start for Samuel into their expectations when putting together the roster), I’d bring in John Brown for a workout. 

40 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Mckissic early season value has shot through the roof with Samuel out. 

McKissic is the man.

And he has always been the man.

McKissic has never lost that manhood, as a result of a brand new player who has basically never even fully practiced with the team. :)

Not to mention, this passing offense carries a Sims Card, and is fully Daxinated.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2