Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

3 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

We're REAL bad at it.

The jury is still out, on the new regime's drafting.

And so far, their drafting looks good.

And they havn't drafted a QB yet, at all. So that's an extremely "out jury".

20 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Chris Blewitt

I wonder if his name was originally like that of Ricky Seals-Jones, and made up of 3 words : Chris Blew itt.

Then he changed it after becoming a kicker and missing a few kicks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Why would we ever do this, a single roster spot is a precious resource in this league 

I do find it a bit puzzling, in part because I'd think there's someone out there you'd like to protect. But Rivera has never been big about bringing outside players into the system after the fact. The thinking seems to be to generally promote from the practice squad. And as no one is actively trying to poach the practice squad, it seems the team is taking a wait and see approach on things. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I kinda like the idea of a punter named Shanks

Dude must of did a dime and aint nobody in the NFL gonna run one back on him as he will be committed to upholding his namesake. You can gameplan around that kind of certainty,

Edited by FootballZombie

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Huh? Who said anything about cutting anyone 😂 i certainly never did. 

7 hours ago, NickyJ said:

In what dimension does giving a workout for a practice squad spot = cutting Matt Ioannidis?

Y'all need to follow the thread and quoted posts. Because we worked out a RB, someone inferred that Gibson must be hurt (???). I just followed the logic in jest (attempted jest?)  Relax. Matt will be on the roster next week unless he goes to the waterpark with Fitz's kids

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Y'all need to follow the thread and quoted posts. Because we worked out a RB, someone inferred that Gibson must be hurt (???). I just followed the logic in jest (attempted jest?)  Relax. Matt will be on the roster next week unless he goes to the waterpark with Fitz's kids

Yes, that someone was me, since there HAVE been reports that gibson was dealing with a kinda injured shoulder early in the week heading into the giants game. I simply guessed working out a RB COULD (not that it 100% DOES) mean the shoulder is hurting more than they’re letting on. I wasnt at all saying it as a 100% fact. Just a guess, which I’m fully aware could be wrong. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bowhunter said:

It's the internet bro. Aim lower. :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, moondog said:

I was more on board with Rodgers before he decided to become a giant douche. The fact that he’s now been rocking a man bun really ruins it for me. 

He said on Pat McAfee that he's been growing his hair out for a year because he has an awesome idea for a Halloween costume.  My guess is the Dude from Big Lebowski

12 hours ago, moondog said:

Dude. No. 

He was released from the PS a week ago. Hop is doing just fine. Don’t hold your breath. 

Hey, I'm not looking for Hopkins to get cut but this is the 2nd kicker we've brought in this month? Just cause I ask a question doesn't mean I want to see Hopkins gone, I'm rooting for him, but it does make you wonder why we're bringing in kickers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jericho said:

Yep, Washington has actually play every game so far with only 52 players. It's a bit misleading due to game day inactives and the fact you can bring someone up temporarily from the practice squad. But after Samuel was placed on IR, there's never been a replacement. Norris replaced Fitzpatrick to stay at 52. Looking like the team may go into Week 3 with only 52 as well.

I just don't understand why the team hasn't signed another player to the roster.  It doesn't make sense to me to have a coveted roster spot just empty during the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Hey, I'm not looking for Hopkins to get cut but this is the 2nd kicker we've brought in this month? Just cause I ask a question doesn't mean I want to see Hopkins gone, I'm rooting for him, but it does make you wonder why we're bringing in kickers.

Based on last year and comments made, it seems Ron likes to have a back-up punter/kicker in case of Covid-19. They specifically seem to want someone who could do either in a pinch. That was Vedvik's role last year and would have Pinero's role had he not gotten hurt.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OMacAttack said:

I just don't understand why the team hasn't signed another player to the roster.  It doesn't make sense to me to have a coveted roster spot just empty during the season.

Agreed...there's gotta be someone out there that we could take a flier on hoping they can help us win. 

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

Based on last year and comments made, it seems Ron likes to have a back-up punter/kicker in case of Covid-19. They specifically seem to want someone who could do either in a pinch. That was Vedvik's role last year and would have Pinero's role had he not gotten hurt.

This is so dumb. I'm sure Theismann is available in a pinch to punt. His 8 yard punt might still be an NFL record.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

This is so dumb. I'm sure Theismann is available in a pinch to punt. His 8 yard punt might still be an NFL record.

Theisman was more of a punt return guy than he was a punter... at least according to my memory of obscure NFL trivia.

4 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Theisman was more of a punt return guy than he was a punter... at least according to my memory of obscure NFL trivia.

He had one punt after our punter went down. Gibbs ran around asking if anyone could punt and Joe volunteered. HIs first attempt travelled eight yards (maybe less). Gibbs immediately yanked him and Jay Shroeder took over that game as emergency punter and I think popped three kicks for about a forty yard average.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

He had one punt after our punter went down. Gibbs ran around asking if anyone could punt and Joe volunteered. HIs first attempt travelled eight yards (maybe less). Gibbs immediately yanked him and Jay Shroeder took over that game as emergency punter and I think popped three kicks for about a forty yard average.

I think he was credited with a one yard punt. It was against Chicago and Washington lost in a blow-out.

:229:The Rook

28 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I think he was credited with a one yard punt. It was against Chicago and Washington lost in a blow-out.

:229:The Rook

That might be right. I may have credited with too long a punt by remembering eight yards lol

A one yard punt has got to be a record. I'm not sure it's possible to outdo that without kicking the ball backwards.

Edited by Burgold

13 hours ago, HtownRocks111 said:

Jamie Collins anyone?  Lions looking for a trade partner.  Tennessee got Julio for a 6th you'd like to think we can get Collins for a 7th next year.

Should look into that we need all the help we can get at LB but Julio Jones cost the Titans a 2nd next year and a 4th in 23 and in return they got Jones and a 6th in 23. Think you got that mixed up.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HtownRocks111 said:

Jamie Collins anyone?  Lions looking for a trade partner.  Tennessee got Julio for a 6th you'd like to think we can get Collins for a 7th next year.

Just an FYI, but Tennessee gave up a 2nd and a 4th for Julio. Though Collins would clearly be far cheaper. And basically any live body is an upgrade on the Washington LB corps.