Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Somehow magically the deficit rises and nary is said when a Republican is in office, yet when a Democrat is in office, suddenly the deficit is too high and Democrats must pay all attention to lowering it by cutting services for actual human beings. 

This is what the Republicans supported in times of Eisenhower. Look familiar? This was before the John Birch Society and fascists took over the Republicans and also became the Cult of Trump.

FB_IMG_1612361627123.jpg

Last Republican President to leave office with a smaller deficit than when he came in. 

• Like 2

I'm reading that you can just walk up and get a vaccine in the Virgin Islands, Alaska is now opening it up as we saw, West Freaking Virginia is doing well at vaccine distribution.

Yet here I sit a retired 62 year old who goes in and out of restaurants delivering for Grub Hub, my wife is abouit to be 64 with underlying conditions and we aren't eligible to make an appointment.  

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm reading that you can just walk up and get a vaccine in the Virgin Islands, Alaska is now opening it up as we saw, West Freaking Virginia is doing well at vaccine distribution.

Yet here I sit a retired 62 year old who goes in and out of restaurants delivering for Grub Hub, my wife is abouit to be 64 with underlying conditions and we aren't eligible to make an appointment.  

Randy wants his vaccine too:

17 hours ago, purbeast said:

Hogan lifting a bunch of restrictions as of 5pm on Friday.

Not sure what the rush is at this point.  I just don't understand that mentality.

I'm glad that counties can also make up their own rules.  Montgomery County appears to not really laxing much on their rules.

It really makes zero sense to open up when most people are still prevented from getting the vaccine because they're not in the Phase 1 tier.  It's like we came this far, only to trip at the finish line.

• Like 4

The number of people that call my wife (tied closely to all of this) to tell her why they won’t get the vaccine is just astounding. 

after how I interjected last time I’ve been barred from participating in the conversations. 

i told them basically that if they were going to call us to spread their bull**** while she’s dealing with this horrific situation, then don’t ever call us ever again for any medical question. Ever. But I said it way less nicely

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

President Biden intends to announce Wednesday that his administration will secure an additional 100 million doses of the single-shot vaccine developed by Johnson & Johnson, according to two officials familiar with the matter.

He is expected to preview the plans at a Wednesday meeting with executives from Johnson & Johnson and Merck, just over a week after announcing that his administration had helped broker a deal between the two rival companies to speed up production of Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/10/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Llevron said:

Both of my folks got vaccinated at Fedex a few days ago. Said they were the only black people there which I hope is hyperbole but if its not, damn. 

When I was at the Baltimore Convention Center there were definitely more white people but there were black people as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Somehow magicaly the border is open on those years when a democrat is in office. 

22 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Somehow magically the deficit rises and nary is said when a Republican is in office, yet when a Democrat is in office, suddenly the deficit is too high and Democrats must pay all attention to lowering it by cutting services for actual human beings. 

This is what the Republicans supported in times of Eisenhower. Look familiar? This was before the John Birch Society and fascists took over the Republicans and also became the Cult of Trump.

FB_IMG_1612361627123.jpg

21 hours ago, Larry said:

Last Republican President to leave office with a smaller deficit than when he came in. 

Hey folks!  

I'm pretty sure that a lot of folks come to this thread for vaccine information and don't want to read our political posts.  There are plenty of other threads for that.   Can we please keep this one on point?

Thanks!!

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 3

I got shot. And they're coming back to finish the job.

Today, I decided to go to CVS to see if I could get an unscheduled shot. They recommended me checking in at 6:45 so I came back at 6:30.  Wound up second in line. Turned out they had five unused doses. So, I got in. Yay!

• Like 9

I get that black folks are suspicious of vaccines due to history....but when you see a **** ton of white folks fighting over getting a vaccine like the latest PS5/Xbox, doesn't that change the mindset?

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

IToday, I decided to go to CVS to see if I could get an unscheduled shot. They recommended me checking in at 6:45 so I came back at 6:30.  Wound up second in line. Turned out they had five unused doses. So, I got in. Yay!

Just wondering - were you in the 1B category? I might try that with some of my family if that was the case since they're still only offering 65+ appointments in VA at pharmacies

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I get that black folks are suspicious of vaccines due to history....but when you see a **** ton of white folks fighting over getting a vaccine like the latest PS5/Xbox, doesn't that change the mindset?

Just wondering - were you in the 1B category? I might try that with some of my family if that was the case since they're still only offering 65+ appointments in VA at pharmacies

No, I'm not in any qualifying category yet. Too young and healthy. I would have had to wait months most likely if I had to wait my turn. Getting the unused dose that would have been disposed of otherwise was an amazing gift.

I didn't think it would work out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

No, I'm not in any qualifying category yet. Too young and healthy. I would have had to wait months most likely if I had to wait my turn. Getting the unused dose that would have been disposed of otherwise was an amazing gift.

I didn't think it would work out.

Well ****. My ass is going to go do that tomorrow :ols: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Well ****. My ass is going to go do that tomorrow :ols: 

Good luck. If you're in Maryland. Go to Marylandvax.org and they'll give you a list of nearby pharmacies that are administering vaccines.

• Like 1

These sites are good for finding up to the minute appointment openings at some of the pharmacies pharmacies.

For Virginia:

• Rite Aide allows you to be <65 with an illness (that qualifies you as 1B) to make an appointment. However, not all illnesses are listed. For example, they list "Heart Condition" but not hypertension/high blood pressure.
  • Walgreen & CVS are >65 or teacher, daycare & pre-school worker/staff member

It's frustrating they haven't added the other 1B qualifiers to allow those <65 to make appointments. Hopefully, this changes soon.

https://vaccinefinder.org/search/ 

https://www.findashot.org/

https://www.vaccinespotter.org/

• Like 2