Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Biden now says US will have enough vaccine for every adult by the end of May

President Joe Biden said Tuesday the United States would have enough Covid-19 vaccine doses for every adult American by the end of May, dramatically accelerating his timeline but acknowledging the country must still be vigilant against the virus.

He also announced he would direct states to prioritize teachers in their vaccination plans, reemphasizing a commitment to returning students to classrooms amid a confusing administration stance on when and how classrooms can reopen.

The new date does not mean all Americans would receive shots by May 31; issues with distribution and personnel mean it could take much longer for all doses to be administered.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 5

Just read that Texas is in the bottom five of states giving Covid vaccines. And the ****ing governor is opening up the state again 100% next Wednesday and recinding the mandatory mask mandate. 

I hate this state. I wish I never moved here and now I'm stuck. ****ing Republicans. 

So I will still self isolate and hope like hell that I survive. Have I said that I hate this state?

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

18 hours into my 2nd dose, my shoulder is noticeably more sore than it was after the first shot. It's not like I can't move my arm or anything, but it feels more sore than before.

I also have a headache right now and I "feel" like I could have a mild fever too. I'm going to hold off on taking any medicine for the time being and see if it just goes away but I'm planning on not going to the gym today like I usually do around 9:30am, unless I feel like 100% by then but I highly doubt that will happen.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, purbeast said:

18 hours into my 2nd dose, my shoulder is noticeably more sore than it was after the first shot. It's not like I can't move my arm or anything, but it feels more sore than before.

I also have a headache right now and I "feel" like I could have a mild fever too. I'm going to hold off on taking any medicine for the time being and see if it just goes away but I'm planning on not going to the gym today like I usually do around 9:30am, unless I feel like 100% by then but I highly doubt that will happen.

I got mine yesterday too.

My shoulder was sore as well, but luckily for me it’s largely gone now. I think I had a very slight bout with nausea while driving not long after getting it but other than those two things, I don’t have any side effects.

I have almost two weeks to go for my second shot. My wife and her mother have had both of theirs. I had Moderna for the first dose and was wiped out with fatigue for the rest of the day. Only very mild pain at the injection site.

Mrs. Sisko and Mom got the Pfizer jab. (I love it that the Brits call it a jab😁) Mom had no side effects but the wife had really bad pain, redness, heat and swelling at the injection site. It’s still resolving almost a week later.  Strangely enough, we find the strong reaction reassuring.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Just read that Texas is in the bottom five of states giving Covid vaccines. And the ****ing governor is opening up the state again 100% next Wednesday and recinding the mandatory mask mandate. 

I hate this state. I wish I never moved here and now I'm stuck. ****ing Republicans. 

So I will still self isolate and hope like hell that I survive. Have I said that I hate this state?

The whole "Lone Star" thing is a Yelp review........

• Haha 4

Yep I'm still jealous that you all have had opportunity to get first and/or second dose. California is still 65+/frontline workers only (and even then it's apparently hard to get scheduled for some). 

On the positive side, California has given out 6.5 million first doses. On an entire Indiana's worth. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

2 hours ago, gbear said:

My wife and I are now approved to get the shot.  The only problem is a complete lack of availability in MD.  Sigh...

According to this, Maryland is 45th in percentage of supply administered. Kind of weird, but probably speaks to the level of disorganization going on. 

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

rzhS8eJ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yep I'm still jealous that you all have had opportunity to get first and/or second dose. California is still 65+/frontline workers only (and even then it's apparently hard to get scheduled for some). 

On the positive side, California has given out 6.5 million first doses. On an entire Indiana's worth. 

I’m pretty sure Georgia is the same. We only qualified to get ours as caregivers for my M-I-L. Thing is, we’re rapidly approaching the point where we’d qualify on our own.😬😬

Not sure who's giving out shots (and even so, which age bracket, who is elgible, reservation needed?). I saw on Google Maps Walgreens has a drive thru but that's it.

Might check google again to see more information.

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

'I Hate it Here' Trends on Twitter in Texas After Greg Abbott Lifts Mask Mandate

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, tshile said:

I have forgotten my mask. And driven home to get it. 

yes. I am terrified of being identified as a republican. And I live in a very R area 

I keep a pack of surgical masks in the glove box precisely for such situations.  

• Like 2