Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Activist who ate live bat in front of European Parliament taken into police custody, released

The Russian activist and performance artist Petr Davydtchenko was taken to a Brussels police station on Wednesday after returning to the scene of a demonstration in which he made good on a promise to eat a live bat outside of the European Parliament.

Eating the bat was intended as an act of protest against what he calls an unjust distribution of the coronavirus vaccine.

Police confirmed to The Brussels Times that Davydtchenko, who had eaten the bat before the announced time of noon in order to avoid being prevented from completing his act of protest, was taken into custody when he returned to parliament to issue a statement explaining his demonstration, which he filmed.

“The police were waiting for my arrival,” Davydtchenko said. “They identified me by my corporate branding, the Pfizer tattoo on my forehead, a signature that has come to represent false hope for millions of poor people around the world.”

Petr-Davydtchenko.jpg

Davydtchenko says he was stripped and searched for the bat that he had already eaten.

“We took him to the police station, we did a control check and there was no animal, so there was no action,” a spokesperson for the Brussels police told The Brussels Times.

The Parliament press service said Wednesday that “the Parliament is in no way associated to this distasteful and cruel event,” but Davydtchenko defended his protest.

“To those deeply hurt and offended by my action, I suggest you aim your hatred and anger at a bigger threat,” he said.

“The EU takes millions in lobbying money from pharmaceutical companies every year – the companies that make government-funded drugs unaffordable to national health services, the companies that spend more on marketing than they do on research, the companies that will only cure your sickness if you are rich enough.”

Davydtchenko issued a statement in which he claims that manufacturers of coronavirus vaccines are deliberately preventing a fair distribution of them in order to prioritise profit.

Click on the link for the full article

Deputies release body cam video of women dressed as ‘grannies’ to get vaccine

Orange County health officials say two women dressed up as elderly women and went to a vaccine distribution site in an effort to get vaccinated.

You can see body camera footage from the Orange County Sheriff's Office in the video player at the link

Dr. Raul Pino, the director of the Florida Department of Health in Orange County, said the two women showed up Wednesday at the Orange County Convention Center vaccine site.

Pino said the women were wearing bonnets and gloves. He also said the women had already received their first doses, so it appears their efforts were successful the first time around.

“So yesterday, we realized a couple of young ladies came dressed up as grannies to get vaccinated for the second time. I don’t know how they escaped for the first time, but they came vaccinated. The bonnets, the gloves, the glasses, and they were probably in their 20s,” Pino said.

Officials say the women were actually 44 and 34 years old.

The county has been running the site and doing about 2,500 appointments a day vaccinating people 65 and over.

Pino said that some fire rescue workers who were helping screen and check in the people coming for vaccines noticed something fishy and Pino said the Orange County Sheriff's Office got involved.

Click on the link for the full article and video

Manatee commissioner apologizes for making ‘VIP’ list for vaccines, adding her name to it

A commissioner who provided special “VIP” access to coronavirus vaccines at a state-run site in Manatee County has apologized.

Manatee County Commissioner Vanessa Baugh had worked with the governor’s office to set up a pop-up vaccination site for residents in the 34202 and 34211 zip codes, two of Manatee County’s wealthiest areas.

Normally, Manatee County’s wait list program randomly selects residents to sign up for a vaccine, but according to emails obtained via public records request, Baugh’s staff manipulated the database to pull only residents from those two zip codes.

Emails also show Baugh created a “VIP” list for the vaccine, and asked Public Safety Director Jacob Saur to ensure she and four others could get vaccinated at the clinic.

Click on the link for the full article

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, goskins10 said:

My dad is 81 and his wife is in her 70s. His MIL lives with him and is in her 90s. They live in MD. They were registered but were not hearing back. But in fairness they were not really trying very hard. 

My sister works in a Montessori school and has been getting all her people vaccinated. So she then got my dad finally registered and his wife finally heard back at the same time. He will get his first next week. His wife got her 1st this week. His MIL has still not heard. 

Walgreens is going to have appointments Wed-Fri next week. Appointments for Wed should go live Monday. Recommend creating an account for the patient and trying to log on real early to see if you can book one. Don't know about other pharmacies though.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, China said:

Deputies release body cam video of women dressed as ‘grannies’ to get vaccine

Orange County health officials say two women dressed up as elderly women and went to a vaccine distribution site in an effort to get vaccinated.

You can see body camera footage from the Orange County Sheriff's Office in the video player at the link

Dr. Raul Pino, the director of the Florida Department of Health in Orange County, said the two women showed up Wednesday at the Orange County Convention Center vaccine site.

Pino said the women were wearing bonnets and gloves. He also said the women had already received their first doses, so it appears their efforts were successful the first time around.

“So yesterday, we realized a couple of young ladies came dressed up as grannies to get vaccinated for the second time. I don’t know how they escaped for the first time, but they came vaccinated. The bonnets, the gloves, the glasses, and they were probably in their 20s,” Pino said.

Officials say the women were actually 44 and 34 years old.

The county has been running the site and doing about 2,500 appointments a day vaccinating people 65 and over.

Pino said that some fire rescue workers who were helping screen and check in the people coming for vaccines noticed something fishy and Pino said the Orange County Sheriff's Office got involved.

Click on the link for the full article and video

To be fair, 44 is over the hill.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Walgreens is going to have appointments Wed-Fri next week. Appointments for Wed should go live Monday. Recommend creating an account for the patient and trying to log on real early to see if you can book one. Don't know about other pharmacies though.

Fingers crossed.  A friend of mine, and her sister, got vaccinated at Walgreens last week, I think.   Every time I check, it's "Appoints Unavailable"

2 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Fingers crossed.  A friend of mine, and her sister, got vaccinated at Walgreens last week, I think.   Every time I check, it's "Appoints Unavailable"

Speaking for mostly MD but the winter storms threw everything off. The plan was to do them for this weekend but delay in the fed shipment has pushed it to Wed-Fri this upcoming week. Hopefully the weather from Thursday doesn't delay this one as well. This could be the case for VA as well but can't really speak to that.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Speaking for mostly MD but the winter storms threw everything off. The plan was to do them for this weekend but delay in the fed shipment has pushed it to Wed-Fri this upcoming week. Hopefully the weather from Thursday doesn't delay this one as well. This could be the case for VA as well but can't really speak to that.

I'll keep checking.   Been checking on CVS too.   Mrs. Skinsfan and I are 1C and eligible for vaccinations in MD. For some reason, CVS does not consider us eligible to get vaccinated. *from CVS Covid-19 resource center

*Eligibility

• People age 65+
  • K-12 teachers and staff
  • Child care workers
  • Higher education institution workers
  • Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
  • NOTE: Some states require more limited eligibility at pharmacies than other vaccine locations

So I just got the weekly update from Fairfax county.  I went to their website and it says they are currently vaccinating people that registered on 1/18 and I registered on 1/25.  This is exactly the same as they said last week.  So no progress.

The Virginia dashboard says they are currently giving approximately 36,000 doses a day.   I ran the calculation; at that rate, and needing two doses, it will take about a year and a half to vaccinate the entire state.

1 hour ago, China said:

So I just got the weekly update from Fairfax county.  I went to their website and it says they are currently vaccinating people that registered on 1/18 and I registered on 1/25.  This is exactly the same as they said last week.  So no progress.

The Virginia dashboard says they are currently giving approximately 36,000 doses a day.   I ran the calculation; at that rate, and needing two doses, it will take about a year and a half to vaccinate the entire state.

I registered on 1/22.  (1b).  I got a similar email.  However I believe more people registered on 1/18 (first day) than on 1/19-1/22 combined.    I’ll be concerned if they are still working on 1/18 registrations this time next week.

Virginia is a about to add more vaccination spots so the daily pace will increase. Then it will be all about getting the vaccine.

The full list of federal pharmacy partners listed for Virginia, include:

Albertsons Companies, Inc.

CVS Pharmacy, Inc.

The Kroger Co.

Walgreens

Walmart, Inc.

Topco Associates, LLC (which includes grocers such as Giant Eagle, Save Mart Pharmacies, Wegmans,…)

CPESN USA, LLC

https://www.wavy.com/covid-19-vaccine/walgreens-pharmacies-in-virginia-to-get-covid-19-vaccines-on-feb-25/

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

When will VA exit phase 1 so everyone can just get vaccinated?  All adults.  I’m not an essential worker nor do I have any of the health risk factors.  

Dr. Anthony Fauci said vaccines won't be available to the "general public" before mid- to late May or early June, he told CNN's Jim Sciutto on Tuesday.

Sorry, but there's a rant awaiting you in this post. 

My dad is ****ing deep in QAnon bull**** and we had a loud, aggressive fight over vaccines today. He, I am not kidding you, bribed me, like actually offered me money not to be vaccinated because of the nonsense he's reading. And it was not an insubstantial amount of money. I am a 30 year old man that has a job requiring me to be vaccinated to keep students and their parents safe. 

I'm beyond heartbroken that this is happening in my own life now. I had suspected it was coming for a long time, but this vaccine stuff is actually insulting to me. No one in my personal sphere is as well-researched about covid and the vaccines as I am (I don't know any virologists!) because I spent months and months poring over every morsel of information I could get my hands on. Nobody is going to tell me what I'm going to do with my own body because of some Facebook pizzagate ****. 

Unless you're hearing otherwise from your doctor, get vaccinated the second you can and be on the right side of history. Too many talented, dedicated and educated people have worked too hard to improve public health for their efforts to be impeded by conspiracy theories. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bacon said:

My dad is ****ing deep in QAnon bull**** and we had a loud, aggressive fight over vaccines today. He, I am not kidding you, bribed me, like actually offered me money not to be vaccinated because of the nonsense he's reading. And it was not an insubstantial amount of money. I am a 30 year old man that has a job requiring me to be vaccinated to keep students and their parents safe. 

I'm beyond heartbroken that this is happening in my own life now. I had suspected it was coming for a long time, but this vaccine stuff is actually insulting to me. No one in my personal sphere is as well-researched about covid and the vaccines as I am (I don't know any virologists!) because I spent months and months poring over every morsel of information I could get my hands on. Nobody is going to tell me what I'm going to do with my own body because of some Facebook pizzagate ****. 

Unless you're hearing otherwise from your doctor, get vaccinated the second you can and be on the right side of history. Too many talented, dedicated and educated people have worked too hard to improve public health for their efforts to be impeded by conspiracy theories. 

Why not take your dad’s money and lie to him about getting the vaccine?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

take the money and get the shot. Don’t look back. 👍 

I check every day to see when my local city/county opens up the vaccines to everyone but as of yet it is still 65+ and older except for frontline workers and a few other exceptions.  My wife is a front line worker, she has been vaccinated for about 2 weeks now.   There is light at the end of the tunnel, but I also am getting some anxiety due to the fact that a lot of people are simply going to get lazy and let their guard down assuming everything is all better despite the fact that the majority of the country is still not vaccinated yet.  I guess you can say I have this irrational fear that the next couple of months is going to be a big contrast  between the vaccinated and those who just said "eff it, I'm going to go do whatever, because herd immunity" or whatever nonsense they have been reading.  I also assume once they open it up to everybody it will be like trying to get a PS5 as far as getting an apointment. 

I got my second Pfizer dose Saturday. I had chills, aches, fatigue, and arm soreness after the first one, so I was waiting to get hammered because everything I had read indicated the second dose builds on the response from the first and the side effects can be worse as a result. I even did some work I'd normally do later in the weekend on Saturday morning thinking I was racing the clock before I was laid out.

Almost nothing happened. Maybe a little fatigue Saturday afternoon, a little tenderness in the arm, less soreness than the first time though.

Weird.

• Like 2

Anyone in the Roanoke/NRV area? My wife and I just got an email from a friend saying they opened a mass vaccination event at the Berglund Center for 3/3. According to them, they're doing 1b (which we qualify for), but with the cluster**** that the information has been, are they suddenly going to say it's 65 and older suddenly? I wish they would have just put 65 and older in 1a if they're going to be so damn selective which "portion" of 1b you're vaccinating right now. I'm at the point that ANY shot in an arm is a good thing, so why not just do the rest of the phases and let people get them who can get an appointment? My dad is almost sixty and works in a lumber yard with a bunch of anti-masking assholes. That business already took my brother (coworker driving basically drunk in the morning) and I'll be damned if they're going to take another one.