Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Got my second dose of Pfizer this afternoon. Ready to feel like Superman thanks to all these 5G chips.

Well Oklahoma is looking to keep their citizens safe from such shenanigans:

An Act relating to public health; requiring vaccine designers or manufacturers to provide certain information; requiring health care providers to notify patients of certain vaccine contents; providing for codification; and providing an effective date.

In addition to complying with any labeling requirements imposed by this title, any designer or manufacturer of a vaccine shall notify distributors, retailers, and health care providers if the vaccine contains human parts, animal parts, metals in any quantity, tracking devices, or any DNA-altering properties. Any health care provider inoculating a patient with any such vaccine shall notify the patient of the contents described herein.

Click on the link for the full bill

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

If we could get more vaccines, we should make that the norm - go well into the night getting shots in arms. We need to get ahead of the variants

Word. I would only leave home after dark to get vaccinated. (But by golly, I'd be happy to do it. )

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

Phase 1C in Maryland, and there isn’t an appt to be found. Can’t wait to find one and get stuck. 

Was just talking to the pharmacist at Safeway about the phases and it's confusing as hell.  Apparently MD is in phase 1C but MoCo is in phase 1B.  If you try tor register at Holy Cross then it won't let you if you aren't in 1A or 1B.  Adventist is always out so I haven't tried there.  And we will see with Safeway on the 1st of February.

Trump officials actively lobbied to deny states money for vaccine rollout last fall

Top Trump officials actively lobbied Congress to deny state governments any extra funding for the Covid-19 vaccine rollout last fall — despite frantic warnings from state officials that they didn’t have the money they needed to ramp up a massive vaccination operation.

The push, described to STAT by congressional aides in both parties and openly acknowledged by one of the Trump officials, came from multiple high-ranking Trump health officials in repeated meetings with legislators.

Without the extra money, states spent last October and November rationing the small pot of federal dollars they had been given. And when vaccines began shipping in December, states seemed woefully underprepared.

The previously unreported lobbying efforts underscore that even after the Trump administration spent billions helping drug makers develop Covid-19 vaccines, it not only dismissed states’ concerns about the help they would need to roll them out, but actively undermined their efforts to press Congress to get the funding they needed.

Click on the link for the full article

I signed up at Safeway last night around 3am when I got up to make a bottle for my son.  

The website went live at midnight however there were no spots available at all.  You couldn't click on any dates.

Then I randomly checked again when I got up and there were spots available on Feb 10th, 11th, and 12th.  I ended up getting a spot on the 11th after it filled up while "checking out" with the 10th selected.

This was like trying to get a PS5 lol.

Biden administration to begin shipping vaccines directly to pharmacies next week

President Joe Biden’s administration announced Tuesday that it will begin shipping COVID-19 vaccines directly to select pharmacies on Feb. 11, as part of its plan to ramp up vaccinations as new and potentially more serious virus strains are appearing in the United States.

Coronavirus coordinator Jeff Zients said that starting next week, some 6,500 pharmacies around the country will receive a total of 1 million doses of vaccine. The number of participating pharmacies, and the allocation of vaccines, are expected to accelerate as drugmakers increase production.

That is in addition to 10.5 million doses that the federal government plans to ship weekly to states and territories for the next three weeks, he added.

Initially, the government will ship limited quantities of vaccine to drug stores around the country, but that’s expected to accelerate as drugmakers increase production. Drug stores have become a mainstay for flu shots and shingles vaccines, and the industry is capable of vaccinating tens of millions of people monthly.

Click on the link for the full article

5 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

^^^I  saw on the Today show interview that she turned down the Medal of Freedom...said she's flattered, but awards aren't what she's about. 

Absolutely fabulous woman. 

I'm not really a fan of her music, but she is an amazing lady.

• Like 1

Study finds COVID-19 vaccine may reduce virus transmission

AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine shows a hint that it may reduce transmission of the virus and offers strong protection for three months on just a single dose, researchers said Wednesday in an encouraging turn in the campaign to suppress the outbreak.

The preliminary findings from Oxford University, a co-developer of the vaccine, could vindicate the British government’s controversial strategy of delaying the second shot for up to 12 weeks so that more people can be quickly given a first dose. Up to now, the recommended time between doses has been four weeks.

The research could also bring scientists closer to an answer to one of the big questions about the vaccination drive: Will the vaccines actually curb the spread of the coronavirus?

It’s not clear what implications, if any, the findings might have for the two other major vaccines being used in the West, Pfizer’s and Moderna’s.

Heard about this on NPR this morning. The study hasn't been peer reviewed yet. And the manufacturer has not yet applied for emergency use authorization in the US. 

The study administered nasal swabs to participants weekly, for three months after administration. And the vaccinated group caught the disease (tested positive on their nasal swabs) 2/3 less often than the placebo group. Implying that, if they never got it in their noses, then they couldn't spread it. 

meanwhile, in good old Virgini’......(I have no clue how these numbers compare to other states)

Researchers questioned 1,039 Virginia residents, including 897 registered voters online from Jan. 18 to 25.

The findings from the report show that:
  • One out of five Virginians say they'll never get the COVID-19 vaccine
  • 46% say they will get the shot as soon as it is available
  • 35% plan to wait after the vaccine is available to them

“COVID doesn’t care if you’re a Republican or a Democrat, but party affiliation clearly affects how people feel about getting vaccinated, reopening schools or even the risk of contracting the virus,” said Dr. Quentin Kidd, Wason Center academic director. “You can bet that the candidates for governor on down will make it an issue in this year’s election.”

In addition, researchers say Black Virginians are significantly less willing than whites to get the vaccine as soon as it is available (29% to 51%).

Edited by stoshuaj