Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

21 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I am both appreciative and jealous of this thread. I want the shots asap, especially since I'm in a State office building 3x a week, but it will likely be late summer or later for me. Essential, my ass. 😁

Please keep sharing your stories though, peeps. 

I'm in the last group and we are way behind in Wake County down in NC. I'm content on being last as much as I'd love to have it asap. 

So while working out today I started to feel kinda "blah" and definitely felt fatigued/exhausted.  I probably should have just left but I pushed through my normal workout for back/biceps.

I got home and took some tylenol so hopefully it helps a bit.  I mean I don't feel terrible or anything but it's almost like when you are starting to come down with something.  

23 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I’m at the point where I’m having dreams of getting the vaccine and celebrating afterwards. 

Sucks being literally at the end of the line for this. Lol

LOL when I got the shot yesterday, it was like this huge buildup while going in the room, sitting down, etc.  Like in my head it was a big deal because I'm like "this is finally it".  And it literally took like 2 seconds to get the shot and the person injected it and just backed up to throw the syringe away.  I was like "thats it? no bandaid or anything?" and he's like "that is it.  there is no bleeding or anything so you're good to go."

It was almost a let down how quick and anti climatic it was lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, purbeast said:

So while working out today I started to feel kinda "blah" and definitely felt fatigued/exhausted.  I probably should have just left but I pushed through my normal workout for back/biceps.

I got home and took some tylenol so hopefully it helps a bit.  I mean I don't feel terrible or anything but it's almost like when you are starting to come down with something.  

LOL when I got the shot yesterday, it was like this huge buildup while going in the room, sitting down, etc.  Like in my head it was a big deal because I'm like "this is finally it".  And it literally took like 2 seconds to get the shot and the person injected it and just backed up to throw the syringe away.  I was like "thats it? no bandaid or anything?" and he's like "that is it.  there is no bleeding or anything so you're good to go."

It was almost a let down how quick and anti climatic it was lol.

Let's hope it helps you live a very long life to reminisce about it 🙂 

47 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I’m at the point where I’m having dreams of getting the vaccine and celebrating afterwards. 

Sucks being literally at the end of the line for this. Lol

Yea, here is GA we are still in Phase 1A - there is a B and a C. From what I can tell (since they don't advertise these things very well), I am like phase 3 part X. I am 60 now so thinking I will be eligible about the same time i turn 65 and can move into phase 1B. 

Meanwhile my dad is 81 and can't get in to get the vaccine. Seems in MD they are having troubles? Is that true? He lives in Anne Arundel CO. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Meanwhile my dad is 81 and can't get in to get the vaccine. Seems in MD they are having troubles? Is that true? He lives in Anne Arundel CO. 

Not sure about Anne Arundel county, but here in MoCo the signups are listed on the main MD website.  One of the problems is that for some of them like the Adventist ones, the MD website that they link to doesn't update when they have new appointments, because the appointments go live if you have direct links to the signup pages and the cat is now out of the bag, and they get scooped up quickly.

Also, I think older people don't really get this because they don't use computers as much.  Like my mom was signing up for Holy Cross hospital and had to fill all this info out, and types slow.  But the time she finished typing, the appointment had been booked.  She's just not very computer savy.

But when I saw the appointments show up after refreshing constantly, I filled out my form quick and got in without any issue for an appointment the next day.  My sister's friend actually got my mom an appointment before I got mine and is the one who told me about checking out the direct link to signups periodically during the day.  My sister's friend has gotten over 50 appointments for her parents and their friends and older people.  I told my buddy about it and he had been trying to get his dad and grandparents appointments for a while now and then he got 3 appointments for them the night I told him about it.

So yeah, I think it's just tough for older people to understand how to get these appointments just due to their nature of not being really computer savy.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Not sure about Anne Arundel county, but here in MoCo the signups are listed on the main MD website.  One of the problems is that for some of them like the Adventist ones, the MD website that they link to doesn't update when they have new appointments, because the appointments go live if you have direct links to the signup pages and the cat is now out of the bag, and they get scooped up quickly.

Also, I think older people don't really get this because they don't use computers as much.  Like my mom was signing up for Holy Cross hospital and had to fill all this info out, and types slow.  But the time she finished typing, the appointment had been booked.  She's just not very computer savy.

But when I saw the appointments show up after refreshing constantly, I filled out my form quick and got in without any issue for an appointment the next day.  My sister's friend actually got my mom an appointment before I got mine and is the one who told me about checking out the direct link to signups periodically during the day.  My sister's friend has gotten over 50 appointments for her parents and their friends and older people.  I told my buddy about it and he had been trying to get his dad and grandparents appointments for a while now and then he got 3 appointments for them the night I told him about it.

So yeah, I think it's just tough for older people to understand how to get these appointments just due to their nature of not being really computer savy.

He said he has signed up so many times he got a notice to stop signing up - or so he says. He is not computer illiterate but he does get frustrated pretty quickly. He also suffers from a bit of false martyrdom. My sister and will keep pushing him. 

Thanks for the info! 

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

He said he has signed up so many times he got a notice to stop signing up - or so he says. He is not computer illiterate but he does get frustrated pretty quickly. He also suffers from a bit of false martyrdom. My sister and will keep pushing him. 

Thanks for the info! 

That is part of the problem though - those "sign up and we'll notify you" emails don't work very well because the new appointments are snagged up before those emails can even be sent out.  At least for the Adventist locations around here.

My initial appointment for tomorrow at Safeway I canceled and I saw someone grabbed it within like 2 minutes.  So I'm glad someone else could get one.  Since we were supposed to get snow tomorrow I didn't want to worry about driving in snow to get it so I got it yesterday instead.

Edited by purbeast
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to come back here and talk about my weekend after shot 2 of moderna.

it hit me like a ton of bricks right at the 24hr mark. I never had a fever, but was warm with cold chills. Body aches, when I would stand up I would be dizzy for about a min after I would get to my feet. I went to bed about 11pm Sat night and woke up 9am Sunday just fine. I had about 10-12 hours of feeling like crap. But I would do a million times over again.

Just watch the pain meds once you get the shot. You want that immune response. The pain meds will stop that. 

For shot 2 I wouldnt plan on doing anything for about 48hours after the shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FB-IMG-1612986147069.jpg

24 minutes ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

Question about CVS in Virginia? Why are they able to say, "We're only doing 65 and older" when VDH is saying 1b? I don't believe CVS is able to just pick and choose what PART of 1b they're doing right? 

I suspect they have a very limited supply. Kaiser Permanente is doing that here in California (shots for only ages 75+) while the State is saying 65+. They simply don't enough supply to handle 65+. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

9 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Thanks for the info! 

To get one at Rite Aid, you have to hit their site before 6am. But I was able to get my wife an appointment and now Vaccinated at Holy Cross. They have 4 pm sign ups every other day.

Giant/CVS/Safeway Pharmacies are the hardest. 

Still waiting to hear from the Baltimore convention center for my adult children.

Its like I am working the online PS5 sites to get one.

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 1