Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

21 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Been doing that.  They show a bunch of appointments and they disappear when you try to make them.  Same ****ty results.    I can't imagine how tough it will be when they make them available to all three phases.  

I had success registering with the convention center. It took about two weeks for them to contact me with an opening, but when they did the appointment was mine to take, no racing to beat others to the link or anything.

14 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

Second dose of pfizer yesterday.  Arm was much more sore than the first one and woke up feeling subpar, achy and headachy.   Better now tho.  Sure is a relief. 

Pfizer is the one I got and my second dose is in about 2 weeks. Glad to hear your side effects weren't too bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I went vaccine hunting again yesterday at all the CVS shops around....no dice. Almost every store held up a list and said the county directed them to call people on the list whenever there was a cancellation or extra dose available....and the list was about 100 people deep.

I've found that with the pharmacy websites they are very wonky OR they are just way behind on updating their actual inventory due to the high demand.  Almost every pharmacy in my immediate area (Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS) all are listed as having the vaccines in stock, and often times all 3 or at least 2, but once you go to make actual appointment it will say nothing available.  I think it might also have to do with time slots which is how they schedule, not by actual doses available I think.

• Like 1

So perhaps natural selection will help weed out some of these morons.

Almost Half of Republican Men Say They Won’t Get the Coronavirus Vaccine

Almost half of Republican men say they will not choose to be vaccinated if given the chance, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll.

According to a survey taken March 3 through March 8, when asked whether they would choose to be vaccinated “if a vaccine for the coronavirus is made available to you,” 49% of Republican men said they will not get the vaccine. More than one-third of Republican women (34%) also said they will not get vaccinated, along with 36% of Independent men.

Nearly half of Trump supporters – 47% – said they would not take the vaccine.

Screen-Shot-2021-03-12-at-12.10.21-PM-e1

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3

On 3/12/2021 at 4:03 PM, TheDoyler23 said:

Would it be insane for the government, at some point, pay people to get the vaccine? 

It may not influence the 5G/Bill Gates conspiracy theory people, but maybe some who are just ****ing lazy enough to not get it when it's 100% readily available? 

I'm just spitballing, though. 

We still have plenty of people who want it without being paid.  Let’s get them first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I signed Mrs. Skinsfan and I up in the "Pre-Registration System" on the Maryland "OneStop" site.   It's where you sign up to pre-register to schedule an appointment at one of the mass vaccination sites.     According to the site we will "receive an email with instructions and directions to schedule an appointment once a vaccine is available"   

I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Like 1

Higher education staff are now eligible in MD, wife and I both got our appointments for next week through Safeway. 😁

CVS has the worst online vaccine scheduler by the way. Walgreens and Safeway are really good. Safeway you can do it without having to make an account.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 4

Disinformation running deep amongst the GOP... in my wife’s family, her dad generally does not wear a mask and has not committed to getting vaccinated when it’s his turn. Her grandparents (both between 70-80) HAVE been very cautious and plan to get vaccinated. But they are afraid of the mRNA vaccines. Something they read about them changing your dna or having tons of issues down the road. I’ve been trying to get them an appointment but all the CVSs around here seem to only have Pfizer and moderna. Haven’t seen J&J yet. So while they are absolutely eligible, they won’t take the vaccines that are available to them now. 

• Sad 1

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Disinformation running deep amongst the GOP... in my wife’s family, her dad generally does not wear a mask and has not committed to getting vaccinated when it’s his turn. Her grandparents (both between 70-80) HAVE been very cautious and plan to get vaccinated. But they are afraid of the mRNA vaccines. Something they read about them changing your dna or having tons of issues down the road. I’ve been trying to get them an appointment but all the CVSs around here seem to only have Pfizer and moderna. Haven’t seen J&J yet. So while they are absolutely eligible, they won’t take the vaccines that are available to them now. 

The anti-vaxxers have been spreading conspiracies that the mRNA vaccines are a form of gene therapy, which is flat out wrong. 

You can share this link with reluctant family members.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2021 at 6:06 PM, Barry.Randolphe said:

I think it's all bravado....they'll get the vaccine in secret and pretend like they didn't. If they don't, fine with me....will just speed up the time until I can get one. Then I don't care what happens to them

I read the politics board on another site just to get a flavor what the right is thinking and WOW. Basically the circuitous logic is: Coronavirus isn't real and we shouldn't be concerned but thank God Trump was in power because his leadership saved millions of lives. Also the vaccine is just a way for Pharma companies to profit and they cut corners in its testing.  In fact, look at this article about a 97-year-old guy who died 3 weeks after taking it. That said, thank God for Trump and Operation Warpspeed for developing this vaccine that I'm not going to take.

• Haha 4

Work conservative roomie has been vocal and adamant that he will NOT get the vaccine. Which bothers me. Hes also my size, which puts him in the weight class where you dont come back from this ****. I dont understand it. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Work conservative roomie has been vocal and adamant that he will NOT get the vaccine. Which bothers me. Hes also my size, which puts him in the weight class where you dont come back from this ****. I dont understand it. 

I still don't understand why more employers don't require it for continued employment.  Legally they can.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, China said:

I still don't understand why more employers don't require it for continued employment.  Legally they can.

I don't really either honestly. I mean I get that its politics, and this company is trying to stay as far away from the spot light as possible. But what happens if you don't enforce it and you cause an outbreak? 

Especially when you consider as an organization our entire purpose of existence and the only reason people pay us is for our fact based, scientific reasoning and research. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, China said:

Probably lose too many employees.

The % of anti-vaxxers in this country is pretty high. Second hand info, but in my town there's maybe up too 25% of health care workers and nurses that won't get vaccinated. (non-covid areas)

On 3/13/2021 at 7:06 PM, Barry.Randolphe said:

I think it's all bravado....they'll get the vaccine in secret and pretend like they didn't. If they don't, fine with me....will just speed up the time until I can get one. Then I don't care what happens to them

For some, sure. 

For many? I doubt it. Most of these people, in my experience, wear their opinion on this on their sleeve and are proud to show it to anyone willing to look. 

they think they’re clever, or smarter, or more aware of how the world “really” works. They don’t seem to get the rest of us listen to them and go “oh ok, you’re one of those people, noted” 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1