Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

So here’s the thing with Haskins: he’s in his ~12th start.  He started 10 college games. He is massively inexperienced.  He’s going to have games like this. 

Having young QBs throw a ton of ints and cost their team games early is kindof a thing that happens.  

What you want to see is progress. You want to see flashes.  You want to see some good plays.

Peyton Manning threw 20 INTS.  Aikman was 1-15. Josh Allen was terrible.

The question is, will Haskins progress?  I’d argue a lot of this game was better than previous games, but there were a lot more mistakes.  

He’s still missing throws to open guys.  That’s troubling.  His mechanics are all over the place.  That’s troubling.  

I have absolutely no idea if he’s going to develop into a franchise QB. I’d say probably not but stranger things have happened.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rhazaghul said:

Agreed.  Rivera is too interested in "evaluation"  and not winning this year.  Haskins will stay in barring any injuries this year and the team will lose...a lot.  So far, Haskins has shown zero football growth on the field. He may be near his peak...that is not a good thing.

I'm actually okay with evaluation. We're not going to win anything important this year between Haskins, Allen, and Smith. Of the three, Haskins is more likely suddenly break through, but it's demoralizing to watch him squander the game away.

• Like 1

Just now, BayouBrave86 said:

Why the F are we not even trying to score? Haskins needs all of his reps he can get. That is **** play calling. 

Because the entire coaching staff knew it wasn't going to happen. So did all of the fans. Haskins was playing like trash, and we had no run game. I think they just wanted it to be over with.

Not saying it was right or wrong to not take the timeouts, but there was zero hope for us near the end and everyone knew it. 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So here’s the thing with Haskins: he’s in his ~12th start.  He started 10 college games. He is massively inexperienced.  He’s going to have games like this. 

Having young QBs throw a ton of ints and cost their team games early is kindof a thing that happens.  

What you want to see is progress. You want to see flashes.  You want to see some good plays.

Peyton Manning threw 20 INTS.  Aikman was 1-15. Josh Allen was terrible.

The question is, will Haskins progress?  I’d argue a lot of this game was better than previous games, but there were a lot more mistakes.  

He’s still missing throws to open guys.  That’s troubling.  His mechanics are all over the place.  That’s troubling.  

I have absolutely no idea if he’s going to develop into a franchise QB. I’d say probably not but stranger things have happened.  

He sucks. You’re just spewing nonsense because you claimed he doesn’t suck. Simple as that. It’s about you not him. It’s over for him. Bust. Period.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

So is there anyone here still holding out hope for Haskins?  Curious. 

There's always a chance he can turn it around, but I've been watching football for 25 years and my eyes tell me he doesn't have "it". He just doesn't look the part of a franchise QB. 

5 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

The worst thing you can do to a young team is show you don't believe they're capable of a comeback. You have 4 minutes and you don't do anything in your arsenal to slow the clock? What happened to setting the tone and believing in the team? Horrible time management even if we have .01% chance of winning.

BecUse he’s letting the team know that if you play like ass for 56 minutes you don’t have any business trying to steal a game in 4.

3 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Why the F are we not even trying to score? Haskins needs all of his reps he can get. That is **** play calling. 

This right here. He should have taken the timeouts and given Haskins a chance to run the two minute drill just for practice reps at it. Giving up squandered a good chance for Haskins to learn.