Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

5 hours ago, Daniel.redskins said:

We would have won this game with Kyle Allen.  Our dominant defense only needs average qb play to win.  Who cares if Haskins has a higher ceiling?  The best player should play.  

Damn, as one of the biggest Haskins supporters on here, I totally agree. Our D is so good, that I'd be open to giving Allen a shot. But he needs to look SIGNICANTLY better than Haskins. Let him play against Bmore next week, if he's playing on a low level, bring back Haskins the following game.  

And not for nothin, Haskins SUCKED today, but another thing I will say, outside of the lack of weapons on offense, I am REALLY not feeling the style of offense we run. **** looks goofy as hell. I like being able to break out one of these slight trick plays, but not every damn drive.

Stop throwing so much and give the ball to GIBSON.  **** this RB by committee BS. Give him a chance to get in a rhythm. 

And oh yeah, CUT HOPKINS

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

59 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If we have a top 3 pick, it means Haskins played garbage the whole year.  We have to take a QB then.  

If there isn't an FA we like, draft a QB in the 2nd round and let him sit behind the Peg Leg/Kyle Allen. Start the new dude whenever. Our entire offense is garbage, including the majority of the O-Line which should take more than a year to truly fix. To draft a new QB with our first pick and play him in an offense that isn't completely rebuilt would be a tragedy.

As much fight as the rest of the offense showed today, I don't believe we really do have a functional offense. A year spent in offense like this is a wasted year for a QB on a rookie contract.

Edited by NickyJ

1 hour ago, primetime441 said:

You're being ignorant if you don't think repetition at game speed doesn't benefit a player.

Good god almighty, man. 

Of course repetition at game speed benefits, but it's over the long term; that's why Rivera isn't going to pull him and is being patient.

2 minutes at the end of a game that you're definitely going to lose isn't suddenly going to flip some sort of switch on.

It was nice to see Chicago come back and win from being down 14 with under 5 to play, so that can be pointed out to RR. I hope the media stays on RR about his bizarre unwillingness to try to win games - two weeks in a row is beyond unsettling. I bet any group of players would be disappointed, but especially a young team looking up all shiny eyed at a respected coach. The players want snaps they want stats that's how they get paid. Garbage time is easy money.  Plus, you know, most all probably hate losing.

Playing the injury phobia card doesn't cut it IMO, otherwise he would have taken a knee on our final plays, vs risking a Kelvin Bryant type situation by running our prized rookie to seal up our loss. 

TWO WEEKS in a row.

• (0:26 - 4th) Z.Gonzalez kicks 65 yards from ARZ 35 to end zone, Touchback.

• 1st & 10 at WSH 25

(0:26 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Gibson up the middle to WAS 26 for 1 yard (D.Kennard).

I think it's safe to short us since there are no garbage time scores to ever worry about.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, IrepDC said:

It literally does have an impact on player growth, but the fans here don't get it. Pitt, Green Bay, New England, Seattle, all have great relationships with their fan bases.

We are known as a fickle fair weather fan base.

The script here moves to chicken or the egg, win first then have a great fan base. I'm aware the circle of thought we follow.

If our players aren’t developing well enough all because of things being said here on ES or Twitter, well, then they shouldn’t be in the NFL anyway. 

• 8 months later...

Re-watching this game. After further review......

Out: Matt Ioannidis, Chase Young, Brandon Scherff, Cole Holcomb and total defensive buy-in

The first half was dominated by two DH turnovers, helping Cleveland to 14 points. 

First Cleveland TD (off an interception where DH stares down the receiver over the middle of the field), had Landon Collins playing linebacker. Terrible attempt at tackling displayed by Collins after initially over running the play (terrific reason why he should never consider play the position). Next guy to miss who could have made the tackle but didn't? Troy Apke. Nuf said. Bad defensive play.

Second TD was pretty much the same bull**** off a DH stare down interception. Poor tackling.

On second thought. I have stopped watching. We no longer have the QB and hopefully we have better depth so guys can step in and provide reasonable professional football play if a player is out. We win that game with better QB play and team speed. I believe we have that now. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 12:09 AM, joeken24 said:

Re-watching this game. After further review......

Out: Matt Ioannidis, Chase Young, Brandon Scherff, Cole Holcomb and total defensive buy-in

The first half was dominated by two DH turnovers, helping Cleveland to 14 points. 

First Cleveland TD (off an interception where DH stares down the receiver over the middle of the field), had Landon Collins playing linebacker. Terrible attempt at tackling displayed by Collins after initially over running the play (terrific reason why he should never consider play the position). Next guy to miss who could have made the tackle but didn't? Troy Apke. Nuf said. Bad defensive play.

Second TD was pretty much the same bull**** off a DH stare down interception. Poor tackling.

On second thought. I have stopped watching. We no longer have the QB and hopefully we have better depth so guys can step in and provide reasonable professional football play if a player is out. We win that game with better QB play and team speed. I believe we have that now. 

It will be hard for Collins to miss a tackle when he is no longer on the roster, and that looks like a better than even chance right now.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

$16 million in dead cap hit to cut him I believe.

Yeah, but it becomes a question of whether it's worth it. You're cutting him next year and that will be a $9.6MM charge. It's a wash for cap hit whether he plays this year or not.

You have to believe he'll be a starter or effective and content in a supportive role to want him on the roster this year. Depending on the strength and desire to develop players on the roster (i.e. Apke at 6th CB and Everett at 5th S), then he could be gone. 

When they started talking about Khaleke Hudson as the big nickel and getting the 'two best safeties on the field', I started to question whether Landon Collins would be around. If they have someone who can play the big nickel in Hudson and St Juste is good enough outside that Fuller plays inside and McCain stays at FS...you need Kam Curl on the field at SS.

Collins won't play well on the bench. So, PUP and then injury insurance? 

Starting to think cut is the most likely outcome. Might actually be a good accountability move - the team might appreciate it, particularly if combine with a couple of extensions for key players. 

Edited by Silvernon