Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

Honestly things can turn quick. Have to use the cap room smart...

New QB (Newton? Probably not leaving NE... Stafford? Lance? Fields? Lawrence?)

New TE (Ertz will possibly hit the market...)

New LT/LG (Can Charles step up and stay healthy? Sewell? Wyatt Davis? Deonte Brown? Trey Smith?)

New Safety (In the draft Cisco, Bolden? Gillespie? Free agent?)

Slot option (Jordan, Pitts, A bevy of opportunities in the draft there)

It sounds like a lot... but its doable in an offseason and with the cap. 

Still some rookies that can develop into something as well. Curious about Curl's potential.

We need backers, too. But safety is a huge need.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

New LT/LG (Can Charles step up and stay healthy? Sewell? Wyatt Davis? Deonte Brown? Trey Smith?)

Still some rookies that can develop into something as well. Curious about Curl's potential.

****ing sucks focusing on next year at week 3

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

QB = if Dak hits the market, you make him the 2nd highest paid QB in the league after Mahomes. If not, get Stafford

TE = Jacob Hollister + draft pick

LT = Okung/Reiff

LG = Charles

RG = draft pick or move a tackle inside

WR2 = Corey Davis?

LB = draft pick

FS = Marcus Maye

53 minutes ago, method man said:

I'd rather trade for Stafford than sign Cam. If you get Stafford via trade, you have cap hit < $30M for him for the next two seasons because the Lions will have to eat the remainder of his signing bonus

No thank you. We need to be like the Browns. Keep on selecting a QB until we get the right one. It will take time... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, method man said:

QB = if Dak hits the market, you make him the 2nd highest paid QB in the league after Mahomes. If not, get Stafford

TE = Jacob Hollister + draft pick

LT = Okung/Reiff

LG = Charles

RG = draft pick or move a tackle inside

WR2 = Corey Davis?

LB = draft pick

FS = Marcus Maye

No thanks on dak

Just now, zskins said:

Sure. We are in the playoffs too since we are #1 in our division. 

Dont hold your hand over your ass

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

54 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Assuming this season plays out the way we think it is going to, the new QB will be a very high draft pick.  Which might either be a good thing or not a good thing when trying to entice other FAs to come to Washington.  

I agree, with Goeddard (however the hell you spell his name) there, the Eagles can afford to let Ertz test the market, but he is going to set the market for TEs.  And he should, because he's really good. Definitely better than Hooper, who set the market last year.    (Also, not that it matters, but his wife is hot as **** and a professional soccer player.)

I gotta say, I've been surprisingly impressed with Jaron Christian.  I didn't think he had it in him, but he has not been the problem on the OL.  We have to see what Charles has, and what spot he could fill.  But apparently Christian dedicated himself during the off-season, and I was watching, both this week and last week, and he posted up really well 1:1 on a number of rushes.  He got beat a couple times today.  He's not Trent Williams.  But on an offense with a million needs, he seems to be "ok." 

Martin, on the other hand, seems to do a really good imitation of a blocking sled way too often.  Rouiller is just "meh."  RG is a problem, because you can't pay Scherff, and Sweit-whatever is actively bad.  I think Moses has another year, and again, he doesn't seem to be a problem.

I agree with you, I'm really curious about Curl.  It's not the be-all, end-all, however fwiw Cooley really likes him on his film breakdowns.  He's really young, and a late round pick.  Before going out and seeing who you can sign, I'd like to see more of him and see if they picked a guy late who can develop.  

The position you missed above (I think) is they DESPERATELY need to get a really competent WR opposite McLaurin.  They went all-in on Cooper.  I think they need to throw numbers at that position and bring in a bunch of #2's until they fill the need.  MAYBE AGG or this Wright guy could develop.  But both have lower ceilings.    

Depending on if Curl shows anything, LB might jump Safety.  

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

The final 2 minutes of a game where your offense is playing like hot garbage isn't going to suddenly turn on lightbulbs in his head, or anyone else's head on the team.

It takes time, practice, and patience, and that's probably why Haskins will be the starting QB all year. 

RR knew that game was over. And his presser afterwards seems to indicate that he knows Haskins is going to need more time and patience to get better.

You're being ignorant if you don't think repetition at game speed doesn't benefit a player.

As of right now, we'd be picking 10thish in the draft.

FA is before the draft I wouldn't be surprised if they went after a name like Dak/Newton if they hit the market.

One thing I was thinking about... We don't need someone opposite of McLaurin necessarily. We need a slot receiver and another #1 type guy. McLaurin can play in the slot, though. And I actually like him there quite a bit. So a big time receiver is a big need... and now that I'm thinking about it... I'm curious if they went that hard after Cooper because they wanted to move McLaurin into the slot at times.

But Ertz can function from the slot, too. I think the need for a second receiver diminishes with a tight end. And the need of a big time pass catching tight end diminishes with a receiver. It's easy to find adequate blocking tight ends that can catch a little. Harder to find great receiving tight ends and even harder to find great receiving/blocking tight ends. 

It's hard to put a road map in place given the flux of free agency and the draft, but if Ertz is there he becomes a VERY high priority target in my eyes.