Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

6 minutes ago, Veretax said:

can we talk about the D a bit?   We didn't make as many pressures today, but it felt like once again our corners are staring into the backfield.   A lot.

Landon Collins has been a colossal disappointment. I get he sucks in coverage but to make up for that the dude needs to be a BEAST at the box and he's anything but. I see him missing tackles quite a bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tapping out when 1-0 and then when 1-1 is very disturbing and demoralizing as he tries to win over players assistants fans and owner.

It's rare to see an NFL coach concede but I remember Shanahan doing it one time and I presumed he was trying to get fired. I seem to remember it other times and also in a playoff game or 2 over the decades. 

No confidence in your players, will quickly lead to no confidence in coaches. Again maybe its a motivation technique, or.... he's tanking for the #1 overall heh.

Edited by RandyHolt

7 minutes ago, Veretax said:

The haskins post game interview was telling.  My assessment is the following:

1. Dwayne mentioned how defenders made the plays.  
  2. While this does happen sometimes, I also felt he was late on some throws, which made it harder to make those throws
  3. The game may not have slowed down for Dwayne yet, this is like rookie year for him still.  In college you can get away with underestimating the defense a bit, not so in the Pros

That's what I think anyways.  He can learn from this, but given our history, I am not optimistic.  The good thing is, with no fans at fedex there won't bec alls to bench him in the stands for a while.

The defenders made plays because Haskins handed them the plays to make.

First INT he stared his guy down and then the pass sailed high and left over the middle of the field directly into a defender's arms.

Second INT he again completely stared down the receiver the whole time before throwing, so the DB could make an easy break on the ball.

Third INT he again stared down the receiver the entire time so the DB could make another easy break and undercut the ball (which was also underthrown).

If he just tries to brush it off as the defenders making great plays, **** that noise. 

45 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

If that's the case then what the heck is the point of playing? Crazier things have happened. Look at the Cowpukes and their comeback last week. Played like **** most of the game then BOOM. Get outta here with that crap mentality. 

This is a learning season. This is the reality of playing for Ron. You want to win. Play a 60 minute game. I’m not mad about.

Also, Dallas played fine last week. Last I checked they didn’t lose the turnover battle 5-0

47 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yeah! **** this **** ass, no QBing having ass, no timeout taking ass, under .500 for the first time in 40+ years ass, terrible owner having ass, only reason for watching ass rookie getting hurt ass, never going to be good again ass ho bag ass team!!

**** yeah...soooooo ****ing tempted to have a fall fire and burn this mother ****ing **** sucker to the ground 

.all ****ing plagues jerseys anything burnable..so ****ing pissed..1 ****ing game winning season **** you team

Edited by bakedtater1

I can't get over quiting. Yes, it's a learning season. Learn to not quit!

Who, besides #17, is so important ok offense that risking a injury is too big of a risk??

We were up by 15 to saints in 2018 with less then 3 mins left. We lost.

Cowboys were down by 2 scores last week with under 2 mins left. Won.

Play for 60 full mins should not be a controversial statement or something that is not a given.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Again, you're living in a fantasy. If you have the talent to do so, you can absolutely have comebacks, even down by a lot. We don't have that.

This team has exactly 1 really good player on offense, and he depends on the QB to get him the ball. 

Scrambling around for the last 2-3 minutes of a game isn't going to change that. In order to become a team that can come back, our individual players have to be better. You don't just magically get better by playing hard in the last 3 minutes of a game where you've been ****ty in most aspects.

You sound like some sort of low priced motivational speaker.

giphy.gif

You missed the point. 

It's not about winning. We're a young team. It's about learning through experience. If Haskins really is your future, you want him playing in every scenario. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

You missed the point. 

It's not about winning. We're a young team. It's about learning through experience. If Haskins really is your future, you want him playing in every scenario. 

The final 2 minutes of a game where your offense is playing like hot garbage isn't going to suddenly turn on lightbulbs in his head, or anyone else's head on the team.

It takes time, practice, and patience, and that's probably why Haskins will be the starting QB all year. 

RR knew that game was over. And his presser afterwards seems to indicate that he knows Haskins is going to need more time and patience to get better.

I'm sorry but if we finish off the season 1 and what ever I'll be thankful the one win came against the philthy iggles..would go away with a frown instead of a sad face..

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Bengals-Eagles game ends in a tie.  Wentz and Head Coach Peterson in trouble with Philly fans now.  They are not used to stinking up the joint.

Lol...hahahhahahahhajahjsjajahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahha lol this helps..and if dall ass loses were still in first place doooohhhhhhhhhhhhh.to quote homer doooohhhhhhhh lol

Edited by bakedtater1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have not claimed he sucks or doesn’t suck.  I have said we have no idea yet.  

Shrug.  I was against the pick when they made it.  I have absolutely no horse in this race.  I don’t honestly care. If Rivera moves to Somebody else next week I wouldn’t give a hoot.  

Yeah, I am tipping heavily towards the former than that latter there. Today was awful, the Browns were beat up and couldn't stop anyone. Haskins throws 3 picks and they were ugly.

27 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Jason Peters limps off field for Eagles.  Eagles trying 59 yard field goal. Now Eagles get 5 yard penalty.  So Eagles punt with 19 seconds to go in game.

Dallas is gonna win the division at 5-11

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It takes time, practice, and patience, and that's probably why Haskins will be the starting QB all year. 

If he’s showing no improvement by then he will not be the QB.

• Like 1