Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Granted wishful thinking on my end but the best way for Dan to step on this story is to actually sell the team.  Then that becomes a story not a laundry list (assuming there is one) of what went down at Redskins Park.   

I think its a step too late for that now 

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Anyone else feeling like this + the name change, even if Danny boy is gone makes it the end for you as a fan? I knew he sucked, but this (if 50% true) is straight evil. 
too bad my whole basement is burgundy and gold memorabilia, my MO license plate is a skins personalized plate, my boys have been raised to be crazy fans... this is the lowest of lows 

Depends on the ramifications. The thing is, this isn't going to be an Astros situation. Every Skins fan cannot stand Snyder and his recent GMs and has wanted him gone for 15 years at least.

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

It matters a ton. We already know that ratings were down over the past couple of years. Having someone with Bezo's wealth in the club ensures the league does not fold in the event of lost TV revenue. Bezos could fund the entire league for decades if necessary. 

There is no owner who would ever do that, no matter how wealthy they are, though. You invest so much into owning an NFL team because is it financially self-sufficient and damn near recession-proof. It's far more likely for the league to try and find temporary outside financing to weather a storm (such as multiple seasons lost due to the pandemic) than for any owner to say "Don't worry, fellas, I got it". Not to mention nobody would even want to purchase a franchise if they were thinking they'd have to spend a ****load of their own money within years of becoming owner just to keep the entire league from collapsing...they're more likely to avoid buying a franchise.

Edited by Califan007

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Anyone else feeling like this + the name change, even if Danny boy is gone makes it the end for you as a fan? I knew he sucked, but this (if 50% true) is straight evil. 
too bad my whole basement is burgundy and gold memorabilia, my MO license plate is a skins personalized plate, my boys have been raised to be crazy fans... this is the lowest of lows 

If Danny sells and most of the people are gone, there is no reason not to continue being a fan. The problem is the people not the actual team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is starting to feel like that old mom trick of getting you to admit what you’ve done.  “I know what you did, but I’ll give you a chance to admit it”.  This story has been rumored, delayed, and delayed some more to the point where local reporters and rumor mongers are getting nervous enough to spill some tea.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If this affects the entire league than its gotta be something crazy like bribery/match fixing.

If its bribery and match fixing why TF did we not win more?

Edit.... UNLESS he was bribing them to screw us over and just always bet against us to make more money. 🤔

Edited by MisterPinstripe

2 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

If its bribery and match fixing why TF did we not win more?

Edit.... UNLESS he was bribing them to screw us over and just always bet against us to make more money.

Or the bribes were about covering the spread...

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

This is starting to feel like that old mom trick of getting you to admit what you’ve done.  “I know what you did, but I’ll give you a chance to admit it”.  This story has been rumored, delayed, and delayed some more to the point where local reporters and rumor mongers are getting nervous enough to spill some tea.  

If the story doesn’t come out then I’m holding all of the local reporters responsible.

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I think its a step too late for that now 

I don't think it's too late.   If his lawyers can stall the WP just a little longer, etc.  Dan selling the team is a much bigger story than this if it happened.  And Dan becomes a less sexy target.  If there is something bad here, there will likely be legs to this story that will follow Dan for some time as this is vetted. 

In my business, I see from time to time people step down for similar reasons.  That is, they don't want prolonged scrutiny over a story.  If they drop out, the story is less interesting and the story doesn't have the same degree of legs.

The problem Dan has if he's somewhat in trouble here is he won't get the benefit of the doubt from the media and fans.   And frankly he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.  He hasn't cultivated relationships in the media.  He hasn't gone out of his way to cater to the fans (his customer base).  Apparently, he hasn't built much good will with the fellow owners either.  So his ride on this is likely going to be rocky.   And he's earned that ride.  

But I seriously doubt Dan would do it.  Hence I say it's wishful thinking on my end. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

The thing is, it doesnt matter anymore if this story comes out, Dan has to sell.  The only way he doesnt is if the story does come out and it turns out to be not as bad as expected.

This franchise has run fans out for years.  Then, to rebrand a 90 year old franchise will drive away another large portion of the fanbase, for at least a while.  A rebrand is difficult enough, but to then throw in a massive scandal at the same time will kill it.  You can survive one or the other, but no one will show up next season with both.  The only way for the franchise to survive after this is to sell, and stopping the stories release wont help in the least.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, I wonder if the timing was done because they don’t want Snyder’s name attached to the new team nickname. It’ll forever go down in the history books and somewhere down the road there’s gonna be backlash against the name of its associated with on and off field scandals.

Ugh... Please tell me this Washington Post story will actually drop this week and won't instead be a long legal slog were the story never comes out but is instead leaked bit by bit for the next six months while the status quo remains.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Granted wishful thinking on my end but the best way for Dan to step on this story is to actually sell the team.  Then that becomes a story not a laundry list (assuming there is one) of what went down at Redskins Park.   

This is where Bezos owning the Post is a good thing, if reporters worried about the resources Dan can throw at them, he cant match bullets with Bezos.

This sounds more like concern with verbiage in court then lawyer fees or counter-suits, no way Post gets left for dead after Bezos did what he could to save that paper.

ABC got in trouble for trying to can an Epstein story, it's sad, but I'm not going to pretend people that high up the chain of media empires don't do that.  If the Post really is being allowed to take the gloves off finally with this franchise, Bezos could've stopped it, and there's no indication he has or wants to.

So he's ready for this fight, it's Dan that's playing catch up.

• Like 2