Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not defending Mike's inability to get a defense to hold up their end of the bargain or that he's always full of truth, and I know I'm in the minority on this, but to me it always felt like he was at least trying to do the right things but was unable to as a result of the dregs around him.  Everyone always wanted to pin "full control" on him as if every thing that transpired was his fault because he had "full control" and I always thought the people who bought that lacked life experience in dealing with similar scenarios.  Dealing with guys like Snyder, even if you have 'full control', you still have manage his ego and run damage control on his bad ideas.  That's always going to be time better well spent and exhausting, leading to nowhere good.

 

I was one of his biggest defenders,  then after "Shanghai" (him basically just stepping down from the helm and saying "**** it, I'm taking all of you down with me", then bolting) I was one of the biggest critics of him.

 

So yeah, I still think he was not a good coach (on-field stuff), but now, I definitely think I pegged him wrong, looking back on it.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t know if he was always trying to do the right thing, but he was all about football. None of the extracurricular stuff.

That's probably a better way of saying it and what I was getting at.  I'd have a hard time believing they were down with any of the shenanigans that will soon be brought to light.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not defending Mike's inability to get a defense to hold up their end of the bargain or that he's always full of truth, and I know I'm in the minority on this, but to me it always felt like he was at least trying to do the right things but was unable to as a result of the dregs around him.  Everyone always wanted to pin "full control" on him as if every thing that transpired was his fault because he had "full control" and I always thought the people who bought that lacked life experience in dealing with similar scenarios.  Dealing with guys like Snyder, even if you have 'full control', you still have manage his ego and run damage control on his bad ideas.  That's always going to be time better well spent and exhausting, leading to nowhere good.

 

I just wish he would have spilled the beans. But I guess taking down this entire thing was not what he signed up for

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

This could potentially be really bad.

On another note, if Snyder was bribing refs and we still couldn’t win, how horrible is that?

 

The ROI certainly is pretty bad and it still wouldn't be the worst business venture Dan Snyder enacted... 😄

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Llevron said:

 

I just wish he would have spilled the beans. But I guess taking down this entire thing was not what he signed up for

I think he desperately wanted another shot to be a head coach and shaming an owner, even one as frowned upon as Dan Snyder, wasn't going to help him achieve that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My brother just sent me this. Not sure if it’s been posted yet.
 

 

This obviously isn’t credible since I’m not sure who this person is but some of the stuff has been rumored already 

 

 

Getting easier to walk away every day.

Of course, none of this could be true. But probably is.

Edited by Fat Stupid Loser
removed large block of text
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat Mcafee got a Text message from a "source" and said if what was in his text is true, there are more problems than just off the field issues, and will be a big problem for the team AND NFL

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

I just wish he would have spilled the beans. But I guess taking down this entire thing was not what he signed up for

 

Dude, you just reminded me of something. Do you (or anyone else) recall some of the stories once we knew it was all over? 

 

The stories about the players throwing a celebratory party (led by RG3) once they knew, and Mike promising to "Let the truth be known" (or something to that effect) at his going away presser?

 

Then do yall remember that instead, what we got was "Watered Down Mike," very evasive and squirrelly?

 

Wanna bet he got "The talk," AND wanna bet that's why he grinded away with his axe (him and Kyle) once he left?

 

**** just keeps adding up, man.

 

Seems like he tried to be the sherriff,  but his legs were cut out from under him

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cgm110 said:

Pat Mcafee got a Text message from a "source" and said if what was in his text is true, there are more problems than just off the field issues, and will be a big problem for the team AND NFL

 

Must be the bribing refs thing. I swear if that's true Dan got played. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, profusion said:

 

That's basically what I meant. Mike fits the profile of the obsessed football lifer who spends his Saturday nights designing blocking schemes till 3am. Not someone you envision out on the prowl, as it were. Now Jay, on the other hand...


I just want somebody to ask Jay what sort of Mickey Mouse horse**** he was getting into at night at Redskins Park 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Springfield said:

These minority owners want to sell their shares before the value of the team is a fraction of what it was. They know what’s coming for Dan.

Eh, they would be better off waiting until after this is done and a new owner comes in and gets the organization back to what it could be. No ones going to buy their shares right now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

 

Must be the bribing refs thing. I swear if that's true Dan got played. 

 

Unless he was betting against the Skins and he was bribing the refs for calls against them.

Edited by skinsfan999
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...