Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

So he's ready for this fight, it's Dan that's playing catch up.

seriously. Snyder has money to get good lawyers but he doesn’t have any power to do more than drag it out. Unless the entire league is implicated- then it’s a different ballgame.

16 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Anyone else feeling like this + the name change, even if Danny boy is gone makes it the end for you as a fan? I knew he sucked, but this (if 50% true) is straight evil. 
too bad my whole basement is burgundy and gold memorabilia, my MO license plate is a skins personalized plate, my boys have been raised to be crazy fans... this is the lowest of lows 

I haven't given up yet. Not gonna give up now.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

To get a higher draft pick...Dan listened to the fans and paid the refs to make sure we wouldn't win too much lol...

Or he paid some of the refs and the ones that couldn’t be bought couldn’t say anything without bringing down the entire umpire brotherhood. They took it out on the redskins with some obscenely bad calls.

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

This should be good, but bribing refs doesnt add up

It could even be just attempting to bribe them. That would be bad enough. Nothing will surprise me about this story. Rich and powerful people have lawyers and money to hide things. It takes courageous people to come forward. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I just wish he would have spilled the beans. But I guess taking down this entire thing was not what he signed up for

Probably signed a NDA.

• Like 1

Just now, wrilbo67 said:

seriously. Snyder has money to get good lawyers but he doesn’t have any power to do more than drag it out. Unless the entire league is implicated- then it’s a different ballgame.

****, Dan could hire Saul Goodman to go into the bathroom at the WP main office and quickly write up a demand letter on some toilet paper out of the blue lol...

Without knowing exactly what is being said in the article, it's too early to claim that the only real weapon that Snyder's attorneys can use is the "drag it out" option. That WP article better have every single "i" dotted and "t" crossed to perfection.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

The thing is, it doesnt matter anymore if this story comes out, Dan has to sell.  The only way he doesnt is if the story does come out and it turns out to be not as bad as expected.

This franchise has run fans out for years.  Then, to rebrand a 90 year old franchise will drive away another large portion of the fanbase, for at least a while.  A rebrand is difficult enough, but to then throw in a massive scandal at the same time will kill it.  You can survive one or the other, but no one will show up next season with both.  The only way for the franchise to survive after this is to sell, and stopping the stories release wont help in the least.

No, unfortunately, he doesn't have to sell.  Maybe the league could force him out if the conduct is really bad, but failing that, nobody can make him sell.  After 20 years of this kind of bull****, I have no faith that Skins fans can boycott the team enough to force him to sell, and i KNOW that Snyder doesn't have enough shame to give a **** anyways. 

1 minute ago, wrilbo67 said:

Fair, I'll just say I doubt the other 31 owners will come to Dan's defense if it's as bad as it sounds like.

Systemic issues in the NFL, they have to pick their battles and decide if admiting it and promising reform is the better way to go.

Bezos vs NFL would be a closer fight, but based on the allegations NFL would still lose not necessarily over resources, but court of public opinion on being dead wrong for what they are accused of.

If the Post has letter organizations on their side, money alone won't save them anyway, so...

Government + Bezos + WaPo >>>>>>> NFL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Busch1724 said:

It could even be just attempting to bribe them. That would be bad enough. 

True, for years Ive been watching the refs seem to be corrupt, and go out of their way to make obscene calls against the Redskins, even after clear instant replay.  

For years Ive railed against those corrupt refs as it seemed to blatant.  If he did attempt to bribe them and their punishment was to stick it to him with bad calls, it might actually add up.

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Are we gonna get some Jabar Gaffney nudes outta this deal or was this stuff all post Shanny? Asking for a friend.

3 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Where's the Jabar Gaffney sex tape? 

Wait... was this a real rumor at one point?

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Are we gonna get some Jabar Gaffney nudes outta this deal or was this stuff all post Shanny? Asking for a friend.

Img might shatter your monitor 

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

This thread will definitely need another reboot. Hell, probably 2 reboots; if Snyder is forced to sell.

You all know there will be no news today. 

I also know your predictions might be worse than those Mayan Doomsday nutters

• Haha 2

Right now, of all the things hinted at and speculated and rumored, the only thing mentioned so far that qualifies as "truly horrific" is the Epstein angle. And it would have to be more than what Kraft was caught doing.

And just a reminder, someone at the beginning of all of this who allegedly "knew" some of the details of the story claimed that while what will surface is bad, it wasn't "lose draft picks"-level bad.

Edited by Califan007

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

No, unfortunately, he doesn't have to sell.  Maybe the league could force him out if the conduct is really bad, but failing that, nobody can make him sell.  After 20 years of this kind of bull****, I have no faith that Skins fans can boycott the team enough to force him to sell, and i KNOW that Snyder doesn't have enough shame to give a **** anyways. 

I dont mean that hes legally required to sell.  I mean that the fanbase will collapse from its already low level, to unseen levels for an american sports franchise, in the matter of just months.  He will "have" to sell because his only other choice will be to lose at least 1-2 billion dollars if he doesnt, in lost revenue and lost franchise value.

So, the only thing I know so far is whatever is going on is serious enough that the Redskins' regular lawyers were felt to be insufficient for the task. They needed to go outside and hire a super-lawyer.

For Snyder, et al. that reinforces the idea that whatever's going on is really, really bad.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Lmfao this just made me spit my cereal out. Yeah I’m eating cereal at 3:12 

• Haha 1