Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

14 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

The thing is, it doesnt matter anymore if this story comes out, Dan has to sell.  The only way he doesnt is if the story does come out and it turns out to be not as bad as expected.

This franchise has run fans out for years.  Then, to rebrand a 90 year old franchise will drive away another large portion of the fanbase, for at least a while.  A rebrand is difficult enough, but to then throw in a massive scandal at the same time will kill it.  You can survive one or the other, but no one will show up next season with both.  The only way for the franchise to survive after this is to sell, and stopping the stories release wont help in the least.

I agree. Said similar earlier. The well has run dry. He can’t ever repair the damage this has already done to his standing as an NFL owner. 

Fans, stakeholders, future investors. They’re all done.

Game Over. Formalities may take a while, but he’s in self preservation mode for life after the NFL in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

So, the only thing I know so far is whatever is going on is serious enough that the Redskins' regular lawyers were felt to be insufficient for the task. They needed to go outside and hire a super-lawyer.

For Snyder, et al. that reinforces the idea that whatever's going on is really, really bad.

Did they hire a super lawyer or are you talking about the lawyer who was hired to do a "deep dive" into the --ahem-- culture past and present at Redskins Park?

Just now, Califan007 said:

Right now, of all the things hinted at and speculated and rumored, the only thing mentioned so far that qualifies as "truly horrific" is the Epstein angle. And it would have to be more than what Kraft was caught doing.

There have been some less detailed rumors about sexual assault/harassment/pimping cheerleaders.  I think there are levels to those things that can certainly qualify as "truly horrific".  That's also what my gut has said all along.  I expect a story with the horrific being of that variety and a bunch of other dirty laundry that when packaged together makes it all really, really bad.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

****, Dan could hire Saul Goodman to go into the bathroom at the WP main office and quickly write up a demand letter on some toilet paper out of the blue lol...

Without knowing exactly what is being said in the article, it's too early to claim that the only real weapon that Snyder's attorneys can use is the "drag it out" option. That WP article better have every single "i" dotted and "t" crossed to perfection.

Seriuosly, they better not have any "un-named sources" or "people familiar with the situation" or any of that nonsense. They don't have to reveal all of the sources publicly, but they better have them, and then when they are sued, be able to, again, without outing the source, be able to convince a jury they didn't make stuff up.  Because if it's selacious, or even worse, criminal (and I'm not suggesting it is), then there are going to be a lot of lawyers involved.  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

So the league makes us forfeit the Chase Young pick and gives him to the Giants for "competitive balance".

Sounds like a Mara move to me. 

If any of the Epstein rumors are true that reporter better bet the story out soon or he may end up "accidentally falling" out of a window or something.

Just now, ntotoro said:

Hopefully not a follow-up to the Albert Haynesworth sex tape, which I’m guessing involves a lot of salted, cured meats, a la George Costanza.

he probably just lay on the bed saying he couldn’t be arsed to get back up, much like he couldn’t be arsed getting back up off the turf so he just lay there instead  :ols:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Fair, I'll just say I doubt the other 31 owners will come to Dan's defense if it's as bad as it sounds like.

Systemic issues in the NFL, they have to pick their battles and decide if admiting it and promising reform is the better way to go.

Bezos vs NFL would be a closer fight, but based on the allegations NFL would still lose not necessarily over resources, but court of public opinion on being dead wrong for what they are accused of.

If the Post has letter organizations on their side, money alone won't save them anyway, so...

Government + Bezos + WaPo >>>>>>> NFL

Agreed. If it implicates the league itself is their any more hated owner to make the scapegoat? Snyder is the perfect fall guy. No one wants him in DC anymore. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

How bad are we that Dan paid of the refs and we still sucked ass?

I guess the days there were bribes were the smattering of games where we'd see the Kerrigan chokeout called.

There are bribes and then there are BRIBES.  Dan couldn't play with the big boys so he kept getting the Bargain Basement Bribe special.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Agreed. If it implicates the league itself is their any more hated owner to make the scapegoat? Snyder is the perfect fall guy. No one wants him in DC anymore. 

However if there is any kind of issue with refs and bribing, the owners wouldn’t want that info public despite how they feel about Dan. And because of that Dan can easily say “if you force me to sell I’ll spill the beans”. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Did they hire a super lawyer or are you talking about the lawyer who was hired to do a "deep dive" into the --ahem-- culture past and present at Redskins Park?

The deep dive lawyer is considered a super-lawyer and not a pencil-pushing researcher.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Are we gonna get some Jabar Gaffney nudes outta this deal or was this stuff all post Shanny? Asking for a friend.

8 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Hopefully not a follow-up to the Albert Haynesworth sex tape

unfortunately, they’re one and the same.

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

he probably just lay on the bed saying he couldn’t be arsed to get back up

oh, you’ve seen it. Yeah, that’s the end. Pretty understandable if you’ve seen Jabar.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There have been some less detailed rumors about sexual assault/harassment/pimping cheerleaders.  I think there are levels to those things that can certainly qualify as "truly horrific".  That's also what my gut has said all along.  I expect a story with the horrific being of that variety and a bunch of other dirty laundry that when packaged together makes it all really, really bad.

The "pimping cheerleaders" part I assumed was just a callback to the NYTimes article making that claim--the comments of that nature on twitter at least all point back to that Costa Rica photoshoot trip (I think it was Costa Rica lol). And the claims now associated with it is that Snyder personally told cheerleaders to take of their tops for the sponsors, and the cheerleaders were forced to do stripteases at the club. And that Jay was involved in all that, too.

Haven't heard anything specific about sexual assault or harrassment, that's why I didn't include them. But I did mention in an earlier post that those two things would qualify as "truly horrific" if they did occur. Again, not discounting anything anymore lol...I've learned my lesson.

• Like 1