Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

20 hours ago, DWinzit said:

@Voice_of_Reason You didn't include Norvs kid Scott on your lists. His play calling was a steamy hot pile and should be on the ****list right along with Zorn and Spurrior. 

Yeah.  I don’t put him Zorn level only because he had to call plays for Haskins (RIP) who didn’t know the offense, peg-leg Alex Smith, 16 plays of Fitzy, more than a year and a half of an XFL backup absolutely horrendous QB, and Carson Wentz.  

That context raises him to maybe a tie with Gruden at the top of the bad list. I could go either way, better or worse than Jay.  Both bad.  But I still think Spurrier and Zorn were worse.  

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

giphy.gif

I guess I was trying to start a movement to get him re-hired as OC before they hired EB….

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

On 7/5/2023 at 8:32 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, after the Josh Harris group buys the team, does thread get retired to start a new one with a new owner?  I hope so.  Even if Ron and Jason are still in place (probably temporarily), I think a new ownership thread is needed. 

I may make an executive decision and do just that. Got to impress new ownership with my decisive decision making …

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

20 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

It's a good thing that Doofus Dan isn't into message boards, or even the internet in general. He'd have deleted this place in 2005 if he read what was said on here. 

He's have a bunch of us in court and PIs would show up at our doorstep maybe even offering us money to see the light about all Dan cares about is winning. 😎

If there was a top 10 Dan hit list as for posters, I'd put money that you and I would be on that list.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

Could Commanders owner Snyder, have one final trick up his sleeve?

I doubt it, just like "the dirt" he was supposed to have about the other owners.

Maybe "Chucky" will sue him after the sale is completed.

He probably does have some dirt on many of the other owners but I'd guess that there is a lot more dirt on him as well that could get out if he thinks of doing something else stupid. 

19 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

He probably does have some dirt on many of the other owners but I'd guess that there is a lot more dirt on him as well that could get out if he thinks of doing something else stupid. 

Exactly! Imagine the amount of dirt that 31 other owners could dig up on Snyder, compared to the amount of dirt one owner could dig up on 31 other owners. That's why blackmail is generally a bad idea unless your own life is completely free of any compromising materials or behaviors...which would eliminate 99.9% of us. Heck, even St. Theresa had dirt on her!

Ex-Washington Commanders exec says he was penalized for blowing whistle on ticket scam in Loudoun court filing

Ex-Washington Commanders Vice President of Sales and Customer Service Jason Friedman says criticism of him by the team and a lawyer who represented them was out of bounds.

In a $10 million lawsuit filed in Loudoun Circuit Court on July 7, Friedman's lawyers allege he was defamed for testifying to Congress that senior team executives withheld money from the NFL and Commanders season ticket holders. Besides the Commanders, the lawsuit names attorney John L. Brownlee. The lawsuit was filed by attorney Adam Herzog in Loudoun because the Commanders headquarters and training facility are in Ashburn, despite home games being played in Landover, Maryland.

In testimony to the House Oversight Committee in March 2022, the suit said Friedman - who was fired in October 2020 - said the team "knowingly and deliberately" kept money from season ticket holder security deposits instead of returning the money at the end of the seat lease as it was contractually required to do. He said team executives also "mischaracterized" money to keep from paying it to the NFL.

In April 2022, the Commanders released a statement denying the fraud allegations. As reported by ESPN and other media outlets, the statement said anyone who testified the team withheld revenue "committed perjury, plan and simple." The lawsuit said the Commanders sent a letter to the Federal Trade Commission later that month saying Friedman's testimony was "a lie from the beginning" and he was "a serial liar."

However, the Commanders in November agreed to return security deposits to season ticket holders and paid the state of Maryland $250,000 as reported by the Associated Press. In April, they paid $425,000 to the District of Columbia and $200,000 to fans, according to the AP.

Brownlee is being sued for comments made in October 2022 on the D.C. sports radio station WJFK-FM. The lawsuit cited comments Brownlee made that Friedman was fired because he "became the very toxic work environment" that the team was trying to get rid of. 

The suit said the comments were an attempt to link Friedman to the sexual harassment allegations involving team executives and a sexual assault allegation against owner Daniel Snyder, who is selling the team. The allegations were detailed by the Washington Post and were investigated by attorney Beth Wilkinson at the behest of the Commanders and the NFL.

A committee report in December found the league helped cover up the Commanders toxic work environment and "buried" the Wilkinson report. The Commanders, who had $290 million in three-year operating revenue making them the 19th most profitable sports team in the world, according to Forbes magazine, paid a $10 million fine over the scandal. However, the NFL didn't release the report.

The suit said Friedman, a 24-year employee, was told when he was fired that it was due to him being "abrasive" and "heavy-handed" and because of declining ticket sales. It said he was repeatedly told the firing wasn't connected to the Wilkinson investigation.

"The defendants statements, individually and in combination, have caused Mr. Friedman emotional distress, including humiliation, mortification, and injury to reputation and professional standing," the suit said. "Because of the defendants' repeated false statements attacking his character and credibility, Mr. Friedman has found it impossible to find comparable employment."

Brownlee didn't answer calls or emails on July 12 and 13. In a July 13 email, a Commanders spokeswoman wouldn't comment on the accusations. She said team officials just received the lawsuit and haven't had time to review it.

• Thanks 1

Other than lower ticket prices or parking or concession prices; not much Josh can do between Thursday and when opening day starts.

I’m sure Josh will have a plan in place, to make improvements to junk-ex and that will be implemented once season ends.

Then the front office overhaul on the business and personnel side in January. GM hired first; so new coach likely not hired until around Super Bowl.

2024 will be exciting.

• Like 2

MJW has opened the Pandora's box, I expect a lot of dirt to be spilled about danny boy from everywhere. Sooner rather than later we might have a Netflix serie.

Report of Findings of the InvestigationRegarding Daniel Snyder and the Washington Commanders

Biggest fines in NFL history

Number 1 Dan Snyder $60 mil

Number 2 The Commanders (2021) $10 mil

Edited by FrFan

We have a new owner! And a REALLY new start. 

I am locking this thread. I started a new thread on all things new ownership. Let’s take the conversation there and try to keep the conversation about the future!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2