Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Not sure the best place to post this but I think it fits here.

Like we needed more proof that Bruce Allen was a turd of a human being, I came across this article.

https://clutchpoints.com/only-nfl-draft-pick-who-refused-to-play-in-the-nfl

In the 1995 draft, Eli Herring was the first and only college player to tell NFL teams not to draft him. He was projected to go anywhere from the first to third round. The reason he didn't want to play in the NFL was because he was a devout Mormon who would never work on Sundays.

Almost every team respected Herring's decision and took him off their draft boards. Everyone except for Bruce Allen and the Oakland Raiders who selected him in the 6th round. The Raiders offered Herring a three-year $1.5 million contract to try and persuade him. What's more, the Raiders even sent Mormons to his home to convince him to play for them. “The Raiders tried to talk me into playing. They sent Brother Fred to visit me,” said Herring in an interview with the Deseret in 2015.

Read the article for more but this shows what a low life Bruce Allen is.

18 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

What's more, the Raiders even sent Mormons to his home to convince him to play for them.

Aww, that's nothing. Snyder would have sent private investigators to his house to intimidate him into playing by threatening to reveal a photo of him sneaking a second bowl of ice cream in college one night.

Besides, Mormons still come to my house to convince me to accept God. They usually leave after I whip out my crystal meth pipe.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Haha 3

Never watched the show, but I hope they put us on there. I’m sure they’d start with a retrospective on the Snyder disaster, and I’d love for fans around the league to know a little bit more about how we have suffered. And as others have pointed out, we could certainly use the publicity. Right now we are so boring fans would rather see the Bears?!?!

• Like 1

It's almost unfathomable that the last time we won 11 games we were one of the best teams in league history.

If my guardian angel had shown up that night and said savor this moment kid because for the next 30 plus years the best you'll do is ten wins and only a couple times I would have laughed and laughed and told them they were crazy. 

Edited by redskinss
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

I was very aware of the snce 1991 streak and this team was the only one going that far back but its insane when you look at the other teams.  The worst for another team was 2007.  Wild.  So the worst run for another team was still 16 years ahead of this team. 

In this league its difficult to not even stumble on success.  He only had one run of consecutive winning seasons and that was 9-7, 8-7-1.

We will definitely get a 30-30 on the Dan years.  lol, maybe even a series on Netflix about the Dan years.  The amount of dysfunction on the field and off trhe field sadly was epic.

But agree times are going to change.  the nightmare is over.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

@FootballZombiehang in there bud it's coming, good times ahead 

I once theorized that with all the stuff we've been thru with this org the only thing that could get me to go away would be Dan Snyder descending from the owners box to personally knee me in the balls... I've officially lost my out lol. 

Been thru the lows. Can only be higher from here.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm pretty surprised at just how much worse Snyder's team has been the all the rest. I knew it was bad, but not "essentially the entire league has done it in the past 5-6 years and you guys haven't done it since the entire paradigm changed in the early-90s" bad. 

Yeah, it used to be that people would compare the team to the Gibbs glory years and be frustrated that we were basically a "middle of the pack" team.

Oh nooooo. Yes, the team was bad in the six-year stretch right after Gibbs 1 ended, but under Snyder's ownership, the Skins record-wise have been like the sixth-worst team in the league overall. Over 24 seasons. That's pretty damning.

Yep, I'd love to see a 30 for 30 on this reign of error, and also would think someone could write a book about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The problem is that it feels like nobody cares to watch a documentary or read about the Snyder years, it’s part of why we’re so irrelevant. Our failures have been almost boring in their consistency, with a lack of totally bottoming out most seasons. 

The Snyder years as a history of comical failure only gain national interest if they can be retroactively compared against real success under Harris, to set a context for how big of a come up it is. Let’s hope for that! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Conn said:

The problem is that it feels like nobody cares to watch a documentary or read about the Snyder years, it’s part of why we’re so irrelevant. Our failures have been almost boring in their consistency, with a lack of totally bottoming out most seasons. 

The Snyder years as a history of comical failure only gain national interest if they can be retroactively compared against real success under Harris, to set a context for how big of a come up it is. Let’s hope for that! 

I see your point, and I think that's pretty accurate for the on-field results in any given season. Pluck out 2000 or 2006 or 2010 or 2016 and it's pretty unspectacular. But if you watched a documentary on how the sausage was made and how Snyder ran the organization to come to those results, I think it would be pretty interesting on how to fail to succeed so consistently. 

He swung the pendulum so erratically from offensive coach to defensive coach, had mismatched rosters to coaches, went aggressive in FA then pinched pennies, chose the oddest of players to make a splash with, picked the strangest of times to make a stand and alienate faces of the franchise, and selected the wrong guys to cede full control to. It really was the Reverse Midas Touch. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

It would be interesting to see what people's expectations are for the next, say, 10-12 seasons under Harris. Obviously, in the salary cap era, it really helps to hit on the right QB.  I don't think I'll ever see a team in my lifetime achieve what the Pats did with Brady under center for close to two decades. Heck, I'm not even expecting a stretch that Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs have had the past five seasons. And what we experienced under Gibbs 1 to happen again is beyond my imagination.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

It would be interesting to see what people's expectations are for the next, say, 10-12 seasons under Harris. Obviously, in the salary cap era, it really helps to hit on the right QB.  I don't think I'll ever see a team in my lifetime achieve what the Pats did with Brady under center for close to two decades. Heck, I'm not even expecting a stretch that Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs have had the past five seasons. And what we experienced under Gibbs 1 to happen again is beyond my imagination.

Can only speak for myself, but I don’t have strict W/L expectations for the next decade. The only expectation I really have is that the organization under Harris operates professionally and honest to god tries to do things the right way. Process > outcome, to put it simply. Be a well run team that I’m not embarrassed by or morally torn about supporting. The rest will follow in a normal pattern of typical sports fandom, with ups and downs and the very small chance of creating a special long-lasting dynasty that most fans will never experience, but everyone hopes for.