Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I’d expect changes. Didn’t things change with media with Dan took over? Probably same here. 

Keim already seems to have a solid, confident in with the Harris camp so he seems pretty safe. Honestly under Snyder (until he pulled back this year) it was always national reporters breaking the big stories because he had grudges against most of the local outlets and reporters, so who knows what the leaks and reports will look like in the coming years. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just one example of how roster-building options have been hamstrung under Snyder in recent years. This chart doesn’t mean more utilization = good and less =. bad, but it’s clearly not a tool we were using (or being allowed to use), and it’s a problem to not have every option available to you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Conn said:

Just one example of how roster-building options have been hamstrung under Snyder in recent years. This chart doesn’t mean more utilization = good and less =. bad, but it’s clearly not a tool we were using (or being allowed to use), and it’s a problem to not have every option available to you.

cash flow was definitely poor. Not a destination spot to say the least. They didn’t build draft capital for the future. They constantly squandered draft capital for the future. They lost just about every trade they made. And did it all with mega arrogance and a culture of sleaze.

We should all here get props for hanging in there with the dumpster fire operation and holding our passion enough to care about what happens to this team while so many checked out.

We’ve more than earned some good football times and my gut is those times are coming soon 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We should all here get props for hanging in there with the dumpster fire operation and holding our passion enough to care about what happens to this team while so many checked out.

We’ve more than earned some good football times and my gut is those times are coming soon 

Or at least professionally evaluated!

Just another example that the coming changes need to be wide sweeping including a clean out of the FO

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

As far as Kyle I know some think he was overrated but many considered him a smart dude and we don’t know how often he was overruled considering he didn’t have final say.

Chris Russell shared a story about Dan overruling him on Guice. Kyle had him red flagged on character.

Also we know he hated taking Haskins on the first. I recall reading the story about how he told Dan right before the pick, are we really doing this, making the point with sarcasm.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

In all fairness, you don't need to be a brilliant tactician to say you need to think twice on Guice (heh... ) or that Haskins was a woeful decision in the 1st round.

That was all Dan. Like I said... no brilliance involved... :rofl89:

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

In all fairness, you don't need to be a brilliant tactician to say you need to think twice on Guice (heh... ) or that Haskins was a woeful decision in the 1st round.

That was all Dan. Like I said... no brilliance involved... :rofl89:

Nah, even right up through draft day the analysts were very vague about Guice’s fall into the 2nd round and many thought maybe he was injured. He was considered a steal. There weren’t even whispers about character issues out in the draft media (though teams, including ours, obviously knew and Snyder ignored it). We as a fanbase didn’t even find out about his character issues until later, people here were ecstatic with the pick right up until he tore his knee up, and then stuff about him having a degenerative knee at LSU leaked, and then character stuff eventually leaked. But it was kept pretty damn airtight right through training camp and into the season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is the **** I’m done with when it comes to Rivera. Despite the laughably ill -fitting “Riverboat Ron” nickname he’s one of the most conservative (read:cowardly) coaches I’ve seen. What I’m looking for this season, with his ass on the line, is evidence that he can coach with some balls. Hoping Bieniemy can help with that.

• Like 4

And later in the game, he went for the FG from a similar distance. Despite what he said at the time, there was no wind that would've adversely affected the try. Just dumb, but par for the course with much of his in-game decision-making. He coached points off the board in that game, and it cost us.

• Like 2

Sucks to see in numerical form but we all had first row seats to that offense. These are the kinds of stats that are naturally accumulated when you run an O that gives up on the passing game b4 the first whistle like ours did last year.

When faced with a situation that almost requires an aggressive passing play, there was not much that could be done given our available QBs.

"Hey TH, I know you have a turnover worthy play rate grander than the Epic of Gilgamesh but I'm gonna need you to make something happen in this known passing situation vs a prevent D"... Yeah, no thanks.

Surrender Cobra don't win you the game, but it don't lose it either, and that's about all we were worried about in terms of O last year. It was all about what we could do to not lose the game, and the answer was always take the ball outta the QBs hands.

In fact, that is the new way I'll describe our O from last year. A passing game Surrender Cobra. We wrote it off and gave up on it before the first snap of the game b/c they knew better than anyone that volume passing was a fools errand with the talent available. We just did whatever we could to run the ball 40 times and when you do that, you get stat lines like the ugly one above. Comes w/ the territory. It had to be really hard to choose to be aggressive in any scenario that leaned toward a pass play.

That punt vs the giants was a great example. 4th n 12. Your options are

-Kick a 51 yard FG. Risk giving other team good field position

-Attempt a long pass play. Risk giving other team good field position... or worse.

-Punt and pin other team deep

All three options are bad when you consider that they didn't trust the kicker due to the election of punting and the existing knowledge that they didn't trust the QB. They took the option that presented the least likely-hood of losing the game.

Hopefully our passing attack is not a predetermined write-off this year and we can actually choose to be aggressive in more throw demanding situations. But in terms of last season, those are always going to be the kinds of statlines you get when you run an O where all you can really do is run the ball.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Conn said:

This is the **** I’m done with when it comes to Rivera. Despite the laughably ill -fitting “Riverboat Ron” nickname he’s one of the most conservative (read:cowardly) coaches I’ve seen. What I’m looking for this season, with his ass on the line, is evidence that he can coach with some balls. Hoping Bieniemy can help with that.

If I recall the Giants kicked a field goal from the same range in that game.

Logan Paulsen who works for the team and is generally conservative as to leveling criticism at them alluded to them being out coached in those 2 games.

If Rivera doesn’t trust his kicker get a new one but looks like he’s going to let it ride. 

I made this point is another post and I got a little push back on it but few NFL observers disagree with the idea that the Giants now have both better coaching and a better FO than we do. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I recall the Giants kicked a field goal from the same range in that game.

Logan Paulsen who works for the team and is generally conservative as to leveling criticism at them alluded to them being out coached in those 2 games.

If Rivera doesn’t trust his kicker get a new one but looks like he’s going to let it ride. 

I made this point is another post and I got a little push back on it but few NFL observers disagree with the idea that the Giants now have both better coaching and a better FO than we do. 

Their team wasn't even all that talented, comparatively, last season. As they continue to build that roster, they're only gonna get better. That's what a competent FO and solid coaching will get ya.

• Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe next summer. Not in the middle of an ownership change and before the Harris team gets a chance to make any needed upgrades to the facilities, processes, etc. I get Danny's perspective. They have 4 hours a day and struggle to fill their time without talking about food. Hardknocks in August would fill half a show every day. My advice to Danny is.... listen to the guy across the hall in Hoffman who seems to spend his days prepping for his show with stats and guests beyond only football. Give that a try. It's more interesting than that voice he does to sound like Jon Watters which never fits the situation.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Maybe next summer. Not in the middle of an ownership change and before the Harris team gets a chance to make any needed upgrades to the facilities, processes, etc. I get Danny's perspective. They have 4 hours a day and struggle to fill their time without talking about food. Hardknocks in August would fill half a show every day. My advice to Danny is.... listen to the guy across the hall in Hoffman who seems to spend his days prepping for his show with stats and guests beyond only football. Give that a try. It's more interesting than that voice he does to sound like Jon Watters which never fits the situation.

Hoffman is a gem and he is the sharpest radio host personality type we have in this market. The only one who compares at that level is Galdi and I feel Galdi lacks the football and scheme intelligence Hoffman has

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 4:44 PM, @DCGoldPants said:

I listen to both guys on and off.  And I like them both. 

Dannys take which is shared by others is it’s a boring team with a lack of hype and juice so do something to bring some positive attention to this team for a change. Basically Hard Knocks is a National love letter to the franchise who does it.

But as I and others have pointed out Ron while likes to whine about the lack of fan attendance does nothing to address it. So his disinterest in Hard Knocks while the business operation of the team wants it is on brand. 

Danny and Hoffman have one thing in common in that neither seem to be big fans of Ron. Though Hoffman isn’t as critical yet this off season the way he was last year.

As to the suggestion that Danny is only about football. I wish. Too much baseball coverage on that show for me. Danny played baseball in college and Grant also loves that sport.

But I agree that if you like basketball Hoffman is the guy. Grant and Danny don’t cover it much. Grant seems to even like hockey over basketball.

I doubt Hard Knocks would happen for them next summer because I’d expect a new coach which would take them out of the running. 

• Like 2

Hoffman isn’t a dude that typically gets much love from the board. 

I liked him when he was a beat guy for the team years back and he did spot radio shows.

While for me he’s probably like my 5th favorite radio personality who covers the team. Good to see him get some love.

My 2 cents on him is Id like him better if he stopped trying to be funny.  for my taste it’s an odd style wise brand of self deprecating humor. I just don’t think he should try to be funny because IMO he isn’t funny. IMO he’s not even funny accidentally like some radio personalities can be. 

But he’s a smart dude and covers the team well. 

4 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I would like them to do hard knocks now before we start getting better. I would rather have the distraction this year than future years where hopefully we are taking larger leaps in the win department. 

Yeah that’s part of it for me. As to records of teams pre and post Hard Knocks it indicates that the show makes no impact for better or worse on the aggregate.

But to play devils advocate, what would be the distraction this year? The road to 8-9 thwarted?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

<snip> As to records of teams pre and post Hard Knocks it indicates that the show makes no impact for better or worse on the aggregate.

But to play devils advocate, what would be the distraction this year? The road to 8-9 thwarted?  

Starting a while back when you were on board the Hard Knocks train from the beginning, I thought you were a little off because it would impact our record.

The last two questions, though, completely nullify that for me. You're dead on, it would impact what record? We're not winning it all this year whether it were massive changes in ownership or not, so this would be a great time to have it.  Potential gains, not much risk of loss.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman isn’t a dude that typically gets much love from the board. 

I liked him when he was a beat guy for the team years back and he did spot radio shows.

While for me he’s probably like my 5th favorite radio personality who covers the team. Good to see him get some love.

My 2 cents on him is Id like him better if he stopped trying to be funny.  for my taste it’s an odd style wise brand of self deprecating humor. I just don’t think he should try to be funny because IMO he isn’t funny. IMO he’s not even funny accidentally like some radio personalities can be. 

But he’s a smart dude and covers the team well. 

Yeah that’s part of it for me. As to records of teams pre and post Hard Knocks it indicates that the show makes no impact for better or worse on the aggregate.

Hoffman is the one of the few in the local media to ask the tough questions during an interview. I give him a lot of credit for having a pair unlike Sheehan who sucks up to folks he interviews even when he bashes them outside of an interview. Hoffman destroyed Tommy Sheppard, the Wizards’ GM at the time, by asking him straightforward questions a few months ago