Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

On 6/3/2023 at 11:38 PM, Conn said:

This guy is nobody as far as I can tell. But feeds into the suspicions people have. 

I’d take Rivera in a scenario of it having to be one of those two. I could actually see new ownership wanting Rivera around in that kind of capacity moving forward. Just not in a senior coaching position at all. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just watched this where Jason Wright talked about Hard Knocks.  I gather now where Keim is getting that there are people enthusiastic about the team being on Hard Knocks.  Wright is really fired up about the idea in that interview. 

Tony Blair cheated to get the Olympics in London (meeting with IOC officials privately after all engagement with potential hosts should have, by rule, ceased). Someone else is trying to get HBO execs to pressure the League to choose Washington. Mr. Bojangles, dance for me.

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d take Rivera in a scenario of it having to be one of those two. I could actually see new ownership wanting Rivera around in that kind of capacity moving forward. Just not in a senior coaching position at all. 

I personally want a personnel-focused GM building the roster for his choice of HC—but if Harris wants Rivera in some sort of fluffed up role like VP of football relations, whatever. I doubt it happens. And if Bienemy and Rivera made choices this off-season based on the idea that Bienemy might ascend to the HC spot and River retire to the FO, I think they’re probably in for a rude awakening once Harris gets in place. But I’m not stressed about it either way. It’ll work itself out. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Conn said:

I personally want a personnel-focused GM building the roster for his choice of HC—but if Harris wants Rivera in some sort of fluffed up role like VP of football relations, whatever. I doubt it happens. And if Bienemy and Rivera made choices this off-season based on the idea that Bienemy might ascend to the HC spot and River retire to the FO, I think they’re probably in for a rude awakening once Harris gets in place. But I’m not stressed about it either way. It’ll work itself out. 

Yeah I’m not that invested either way.

I said several months ago that I felt Rivera could be stepping aside before the season starts. I still think that’s a strong possibility. Will see.

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yeah I’m not that invested either way.

I said several months ago that I felt Rivera could be stepping aside before the season starts. I still think that’s a strong possibility. Will see.

This offseason? Bold. Barring health complications I’d be surprised, but the vibes and noise coming out of camp about Bieniemy do almost feel like we hired a new HC rather than OC (and in a way we did, with the Asst HC title), so I see where the thought is coming from. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

Jason is delusional to think he would get the Gm job. Jason will be relived of his duties within 2 months of Josh taking over.

I think Josh will tell Ron that he intends to hire his own Gm for 24. If Ron returns in 24, it will be as coach only. If Ron returns, think he just finishes out his contract. Any long term contract for 25 and beyond, Ron would have to have a deep playoff run in 24.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Jason is delusional to think he would get the Gm job. Jason will be relived of his duties within 2 months of Josh taking over.

I think Josh will tell Ron that he intends to hire his own Gm for 24. If Ron returns in 24, it will be as coach only. If Ron returns, think he just finishes out his contract. Any long term contract for 25 and beyond, Ron would have to have a deep playoff run in 24.

This is the first time we agree on this subject.

Watershed moment.

23 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Yup. Jason is a PR guy, not sure why he thinks being a McKinsey product makes him qualified to select NFL players. One look at his track record of PR disasters should be all the proof Harris needs to start making phone calls outside the building to find a GM. Can you imagine Jason as a GM? He would be like the Colts GM in 1983 who picked John Elway despite Elway telling them he would never play for them, forcing the Colts to trade him to Denver. Or he would pick a guy like Ryan Leaf. 😆

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think Wright is pretty bad and has done a pretty laughable job. But I also think he's an intelligent guy. Therefore, I think it's extremely unlikely that he truly believes he's in the running for the GM position here or anywhere else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I will be happy to have Jason ushered to the door.

I could see Ron staying in a FO position other GM.  Yes it could be for a transitional year.

15 hours ago, DWinzit said:

I will be happy to have Jason ushered to the door.

I could see Ron staying in a FO position other GM.  Yes it could be for a transitional year.

The fact is Wright is DONE. The report that Wright wants the GM job (whether true or not) means there is tension and Harris will have to make a choice to keep things harmonious. It's disruptive to team chemistry. Rivera not even mentioning or backing up Wright a couple of weeks ago when asked by the press is telling.

It's a lot easier and justifiable to fire a McKinsey PR 'expert' in the front office, especially after all those gaffes, than it is to fire the coach.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Samy316 is going to have a coronary typing his response to those rankings.

It's purely media driven that he's ranked at 19.  He's a "great interviewer" and "great motivator", so that's why he's ranked in the Top 20.  I'd rank him anywhere from 22-26, but he has the media's love and adoration for now, just like Jeff Fisher did years back.  Jeff Fisher's ability to manipulate the media into thinking he was a top flight coach in the NFL was a work of art, and a testament to how he lasted so many years as a coach, while only having 6 winning seasons out of 21 years as an HC.  Notice the similarities?

Even though this ranking is for fantasy scoring, Rivera is accurately ranked here.  Don't freak out at Bill Bellichick at 19, since this is fantasy ranking...

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, samy316 said:

It's purely media driven that he's ranked at 19.  He's a "great interviewer" and "great motivator", so that's why he's ranked in the Top 20.  I'd rank him anywhere from 22-26, but he has the media's love and adoration for now, just like Jeff Fisher did years back.  Jeff Fisher's ability to manipulate the media into thinking he was a top flight coach in the NFL was a work of art, and a testament to how he lasted so many years as a coach, while only having 6 winning seasons out of 21 years as an HC.  Notice the similarities?

Sadly guys like Rivera and Fisher are good public speakers...and we all know that good public speakers are frequently advanced into positions where they are ultimately incapable of performing well. Just look at our politicians...(hope that wasn't too political...)

By the way, where would Fisher appear on this chart if he was still around? #7, or #9...or both? 😆

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

36 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Sadly guys like Rivera and Fisher are good public speakers...and we all know that good public speakers are frequently advanced into positions where they are ultimately incapable of performing well. Just look at our politicians...(hope that wasn't too political...)

By the way, where would Fisher appear on this chart if he was still around? #7, or #9...or both? 😆

Probably somewhere in the Top 15, maybe sneaking into the Top 10.  He was a great front man and politician.  Probably a little better at that than Rivera.  If you could picture the media equivalent of a perfect NFL coach, without the winning acumen or competence, that would be Jeff Fisher and Ron Rivera too).

Edited by samy316

I don’t think Ron is a great public speaker and he gives the media nothing when he speaks.  Entirely more likely he’s been graded on a curve because of his boss and the never ending drama that has been his tenure here.  Subsequently, other guys are being graded harder because they don’t have to deal with the same issues and have better resources.

• Like 4

Y'all are caught up with trying to figure out whether Rivera being the 19th best coach is too generous. I'm looking at a rookie head coach who got to be the lead play caller for a whopping 11 games in his 4 year coordinator career, and I'm wondering how much he paid to get pushed up to 15th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ron should be dropped 10 spots just for putting Wentz back in then complaining about his QB situation. I want to like him for many reasons, but everyone on the ****ing planet knew that was a bad idea and he did it anyway cause the GM got in the way. I guess maybe my problem is with the GM then. 

OH WAIT