Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Just now, Califan007 said:

yeah, but the reason for hiring the superlawyer wasn't because he doesn't have faith in his current attorneys to go up against what's-his-ass, the Amazon guy. That's what I thought you were alluding to.

If they only wanted to do a deep dive into malfeasance within the company their standard lawyers probably would have been sufficient. My suspicion is that hiring a super-lawyer, even if the excuse is "deep dive" is that she's been hired to do the deep dive in preparation of defending any action against the team.

25 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

The thing is, it doesnt matter anymore if this story comes out, Dan has to sell.  The only way he doesnt is if the story does come out and it turns out to be not as bad as expected

I'll say this again, we have no idea what's in the story, and if anything in the story would be tied back to Snyder in a way that would force him to sell.

I've heard everything from sexual impropriety by coaches and players, bribing refs, other cultural things.  We don't know jack squat.

If the worst of it is a whole bunch of sexual harassment and impropriety, Dan can honestly claim (and probably trufully to some extent) he had no idea and when he did he took action.  And that wouldn't be cause for him to be forced to sell the team.

Now IF he was a perpetrator of those crimes, it's a different story entirely.

The thing is, WE DON'T KNOW.  Anything.  Except:

1. Dan's lawyer-ed up.

2. The minority owners have retained an investment banking firm to try and sell their share of the team.

3. There is a story that is more than a sports story brewing at the Washington Post. 

That's it.  That's all we know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Seriuosly, they better not have any "un-named sources" or "people familiar with the situation" or any of that nonsense. They don't have to reveal all of the sources publicly, but they better have them, and then when they are sued, be able to, again, without outing the source, be able to convince a jury they didn't make stuff up.  Because if it's selacious, or even worse, criminal (and I'm not suggesting it is), then there are going to be a lot of lawyers involved.  

Years ago I was an anonymous source for the campus newspaper where I went to school.  One thing I learned was that even though I was anonymous, the reporter still kept my contact information so the editor (or someone else internally) could double-check any quote or information the reporter attributed to me just to be sure the reporter wasn't making it up. I have to imagine that if the Daily Illini had those sorts of protocols, then the Washington Post has something slightly better.

I can only image the WaPo editors and lawyers are double- and triple- checking every word in the article (when you say Tuesday morning, are you sure it was Tuesday? Are you sure it was in the morning? Can we contact the source to confirm?) and dealing with Snyder's lawyers' threats in realtime.

(Oh yeah for the record, the article was about campus drinking culture.  I didn't particularly care about getting quoted, but it was 2000-ish and we were just learning the power of google.  I didn't want my quote about drinking habits of my fraternity brothers to be forever linked to searches for my name).

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I can make no sense of that tweet. Am I just not thinking straight or is it strangely worded?

Quite the puzzle.  Nothing hits me straight up.  And is she going back to Bruce or Jay's firing or just recent?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I can make no sense of that tweet. Am I just not thinking straight or is it strangely worded?

I'm with you- It sounds like someone trying to say something smart-sounding to stay relevant to a story they have no part in breaking.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Someone decipher this for me lol...

5 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

I'm with you- It sounds like someone trying to say something smart-sounding to stay relevant to a story they have no part in breaking.

51ez0eORRzL._AC_.jpg

Edited by ntotoro
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Apparently Bibbs stated this to Jack Gruden on Instagram live. Said "You know when your dad was out late at Redskins park on sunday nights? He was getting drunk and banging the receptionist at the office". I don't really do Instagram so I can't confirm if Bibbs said that, but multiple people heard it. 

As much as I don't particularly care for Gruden, I find this hard to believe. I hope it's not true.  I did poke around a bit to see if I could find the source of the comments, but I could only find tweets about the comments, and not the actual comments.

So, until I can hear it from Bibbs, and it is somehow confirmed, I'm going to file this under the "speculation and rumors" bucket.

Side note: has the team fired any receptionists recently? :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1