Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

"A glimpse of my life insolation. One child cusses next out. One child licks floor when told to clean it up. One child sighs at everything and still doesn’t follow directions. One child throws toys into the only place that is unreachable. One child is mad because they are forced to go on a 15 minute walk. One child fed one dog play doh. Why the dog ate it I am not sure. And that is only a tiny glimpse of one day. This is exhausting. And I pray we all survive. We shall overcome!!!!!"

This facebook post isn't mine...sadly, it's my wife's.  What's more, today has been every bit as bad starting with the 4 year old master of mayhem waking up and deciding to loudly get up at 6:30.  He did so in a way that made sure everyone else was up shortly there after.  School work and telework have not been helped by today's antics. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Went down a hole of watching house climbing vids

impressive but scuffs on walls drive me crazy. Like my biggest pet peeve. She stepped on that first wall after she got off the staircase and I lost it. 

I hate seeing people touch my walls or run their hands on the wall. Like why? You have no need to touch it you’re just going to make it dirty 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I still had 8 mega rolls of Northern, but I saw some yesterday at dollar general so I scored another 8-pack. I'm good till the end of the year. :headbang:

Fyi if you have Amazon Prime, I've seen it show up on Prime Delivery Now quite a few times. Who knew 🧻 would be the hottest commodity of 2020?

Edited by The Evil Genius

15 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I found a channel on youtube that shows free (some not free) 70's/80's/90's horror, anthology movies. I'm in heaven! Just letting you know...going back into my horror hole now.

Watch The Descent. You're welcome :)

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, gbear said:

"A glimpse of my life insolation. One child cusses next out. One child licks floor when told to clean it up. One child sighs at everything and still doesn’t follow directions. One child throws toys into the only place that is unreachable. One child is mad because they are forced to go on a 15 minute walk. One child fed one dog play doh. Why the dog ate it I am not sure. And that is only a tiny glimpse of one day. This is exhausting. And I pray we all survive. We shall overcome!!!!!"

This facebook post isn't mine...sadly, it's my wife's.  What's more, today has been every bit as bad starting with the 4 year old master of mayhem waking up and deciding to loudly get up at 6:30.  He did so in a way that made sure everyone else was up shortly there after.  School work and telework have not been helped by today's antics. 

I was expecting a twist ending: It turned out the kids were dogs.  But then there was a dog in the story.

Meanwhile, the PB clan walked around Old Town Alexandria all afternoon and day drank. Lots if restaurants are selling to go ****tails (and food, I guess) and nobody seems to care if you knockem down right on King Street. 

In related news, my 2 month old broke his first laws today. :ols:

9E160B9C-582C-4A8D-AB95-4D9C640CCF5F.jpeg

C396CD1C-A99F-4290-A205-CA5E35EAD9A6.jpeg

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

So far, I've been happy sheltering at home with my family. Over the past few years I've been really come to hate the go-go non-stop lifestyle we got into. Right before this happened, I was trying to convince my wife to take the Fall off from all of the kids' activities. We'd do stuff like go camping and hikes on the weekend without having to build our weeks and weekends around practices and games. I saw us doing stuff like tend to the yard or eat dinner together as a family more than once a week.

For a decade or more now, I've grown to despise people in general. I have my close circle—I'm good with that. We bought a bunch of liquor a few weeks ago and I've barely touched it. Kids drive me crazy but it's okay—not driving me to drink or anything. If anything I crave soda more. 

Work is only slightly less productive, but I think the quality is better. I don't have the constant stream of interruptions from my boss. I get my marching orders at the beginning of the week and despite a twice daily check in, I'm on my own. Meetings are minimized.

I feel bad for my kids, because, while they are handling the isolation like champs and getting closer to each other, they need to see and play with their friends. I have a sadness for my middle daughter's best friend because she's an only child. Can't be easy having to go through this as an only child.

My biggest concern, aside from getting COVID, is having to go back to work in the office and the kids being at the sitter's all day. They'll be there with other kids who go home to their families—seems like an easy way to transmit the virus. Plus, the financial hit of having to keep all our kids at the sitter's all day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I was expecting a twist ending: It turned out the kids were dogs.  But then there was a dog in the story.

OK, so my follow up from yesterday involves a dog...

We found something funnier than a dog chasing its own tail...a dog with a cone of shame chasing its own tail.

What can I say, in a house of stress and foul tempers, sometimes dogs provide the outlet we need.

Edited by gbear
  • Like 6