Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

I must say that television event was a psychological balm for me. With my wife working 12 hours shifts day after day in an ICU with COVID patients, being hunkered down with little physical social interaction, and with hearing mixed messages - to say the least - from our supposed national  leadership, that was an uplifting couple of hours. It renewed my faith in humanity.  

My usual cynicism will continue unabated before the weekend is out, but for a short while I surrendered to unabashed sentimentality.  Thanks, I needed that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This Outer Banks show on Netfix is terrible and enthralling all at the same time.  It's not on an Ozark level by any stretch but I'm hooked.

I heard it wasn't even filmed in the OBX, which would have been one reason for me to watch it.

11 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I heard it wasn't even filmed in the OBX, which would have been one reason for me to watch it.

Certain parts looked like it could have been.  But I read it was filmed in Charleston due to the NC inclusivity laws (or lack thereof).  So it's not like they were trying to make Malibu look like the east coast, which would have been annoying.

12 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

it’s had decent reviews. Youth crime/mystery/drama/coming of age ...

Sounds a bit like Scooby Doo.

I think every series would benefit from a Great Dane

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Sad thing during this whole thing is that I've realized I'm a loner most of the time. My lifestyle hasn't changed much, I confine myself to my home 90% of the time anyway.

You mean friends? I just talk to you folks on this Washington Redskins forum.     :ols:

Me and abdcskins knew each other from ES for years before realizing we knew each other in the real world too. Hope you and yours are doing well buddy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1