Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

16 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Sad thing during this whole thing is that I've realized I'm a loner most of the time. My lifestyle hasn't changed much, I confine myself to my home 90% of the time anyway.

my wife says I've been perfecting social distancing for decades.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Sad thing during this whole thing is that I've realized I'm a loner most of the time. My lifestyle hasn't changed much, I confine myself to my home 90% of the time anyway.

Me too, I don't feel sad about my lifestyle. I'm sad that I can't go grocery or any other kind of shopping and I am avoiding the dog park. Dancer doesn't seem to notice because we go outside many times during the day. I am sad that I can't see and hug my daughter and granddaughter, although I do see my daughter when she drops off groceries. I'm comfortable alone. Some of my friends who are social butterflies are having a rough time. We keep in contact by text and phone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mooka said:

You mean friends? I just talk to you folks on this Washington Redskins forum.     :ols:

Me and abdcskins knew each other from ES for years before realizing we knew each other in the real world too. Hope you and yours are doing well buddy. 

Haha thanks brother.  Hope you are well too.  I actually did a Zoom call with Greg and a few other BCC heads a couple of weeks ago (Andy and Ted from the fantasy football league), first time we had ever done that.  Kinda cool.  Me and Greg are the only ones on the west coast, the rest are on the east. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2020 at 2:17 AM, techboy said:

This might be one of the most Australian sentences ever constructed. The only things I see missing are "Vegemite" and "footie".

9/10

Footy is missing because it is!  No footy after Rd 1 and at this stage, there will be no footy until at least July.  The COVID situation will be looked at by 31 May, and the players will need about a month together to get back in to 'harmony' with each other.  The same goes for the 'minor' leagues - VFL, SANFL, WAFL, NEAFL - and the women's - VFLW and other state leagues.  Even the metro and country leagues have 'shut down' and their starting date will be determined by what the AFL does.

Vegemite is missing because there was no call for it (unless you were having toast, or a cheese-and-vegemite sandwich!)

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

As the saying goes ... I only drink with people I like, so I drink alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

That’s what I need to do

working and taking care of your child is impossible 

I am currently on paternity leave.  I go back to my 65+ hour a weeK job next Monday. My 7 week old and 4 year old are like **** that noise. 

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

You go the Jeff Lowe route?

tenor.gif