Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

For the first time in 3 weeks, I saw toilet paper in Kroger. I have to admit, I've never felt more self-conscious about carrying an 18 pack of toilet paper rolls, even if it is for 4 people to use lol.

Also, tensions flaring at the Verizon store next door. They're not letting customers enter the store, phone calls only. Turns out there's a problem with that policy. If the reason you're trying to visit the store is because your phone is broken, it might be hard to dial the phone number with a broken phone. I don't think those two customers will be leaving 5 star reviews on Google. 👀

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NickyJ said:

For the first time in 3 weeks, I saw toilet paper in Kroger. I have to admit, I've never felt more self-conscious about carrying an 18 pack of toilet paper rolls, even if it is for 4 people to use lol.

Our Giant grocery store has been pretty smart about it. The service desk is one against the wall. They piled a bunch of different ones inside and sell you one pack that you want from the bunch. Like buying Enfamil.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2020 at 3:08 PM, clietas said:

My first car was a 1990 one o those.

My folks had that same model.   It made it to the 300K club and was still running well when they gave it away.

...and....in the boring news of the day, I made a batch of rubs today.   It's much cheaper than buying, and they're better.   All of the recipes came from the Amazing Ribs web-site.   I tweak them a little, but the basics are there.      Basic Beef Rub, Big Bad Beef Rub and Meathead's Memphis Dust.  

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 4

Yes, I ordered 5. 

https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/04/16/this-veteran-bartender-will-create-personalized-****tail-recipes-for-10-a-pop/

So you’ve got some bourbon, Green Chartreuse, a random liqueur your brother-in-law gifted you from Croatia, and not the slightest clue how to tackle your hodgepodge of a liquor cabinet. Veteran bartender Chantal Tseng is here to help with a “custom ****tails for the end times” service. Fill out a form describing your tastes and alcohol stash, and she’ll create ****tails for you, $10 per recipe.

In normal times, Tseng runs a literary ****tail series, making drinks based on book themes, at the Gibson (previously at the Reading Room bar at Petworth Citizen) and helps curate wines at Girl and the Vine in Takoma Park. But the former is now doing limited takeout and the latter would require her to take the Metro, “which didn’t seem like the best idea.” She’s still waiting for an unemployment check from DC. So with the encouragement of some regulars, Tseng is hoping to raise some rent money by putting her expertise to use.

“It really does put me in touch with more of my customers. It gives me insight into them and who they are at home and what they like to drink,” Tseng says. “This is kind of a way to stay connected. It’s easy to get off on a tangent in your own world when you’re making your own drinks and following your own menus. And then you kind of go, ‘Well, wait, what do people actually have in their cabinet?'”

• Like 2

Only pensioners and employers get a stimulus payment from the Australian Government.  Pensioners, because we struggle at the best of times, and employers in a bid to keep their business's open.  The regular working class citizen doesn't get anything because the Government is concerned that if they got it, it would go straight in to their savings and not be used as intended.

We used ours to stock up on basics, amongst other things.

Speaking of which, if any of you are having trouble obtaining basic food items, try bulk stores.  We had a delivery yesterday and we won't be running out of pasta for quite some time.  In fact, we purchased so much, we had to go and buy plastic tubs to store it all!

43 minutes ago, Skinned Aussie said:

If self isolation goes on much longer, it will be parents who find a cure for COVID19 before the scientists do!

For anyone running short of bum fodder, have a shower to clean your arse.  That's what I do which means I sometimes have two - three - four showers per day.

I might suggest a diet change...

• Haha 1

I said 'sometimes', not at all times!  I quite often have one shower a day, but when I have to 'do two's', I'll have a shower when done.   Today, for example, I've had two showers, but I'll only have one for the next three or four days!

Unless you are a dietician, I'm not going to change my diet because you say I should!

Edited by Skinned Aussie
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Skinned Aussie said:

For anyone running short of bum fodder, have a shower to clean your arse.  

This might be one of the most Australian sentences ever constructed. The only things I see missing are "Vegemite" and "footie".

9/10

• Like 1