Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Face/Off was good,  weird as hell. Still not sure I get the plot of that movie

Nah, Face/Off fails Patrice O'neal's movie standards test, which means its officially a terrible movie. 

And that standard is based on if a movie has any goofy or weird **** with people touching other people's faces. 

John Travolta does this weird thing in this movie where he brushes his daughters face with his open hand = FAIL

Sounds ridiculous but I've personally used this method for rating movies and its pretty solid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It was one of the last movies I ever rented from Blockbuster (around 2009). I thought I was actually getting the original. Fail on my part.

From his characters perpetual fumbling around, to his awkward moments of violence against women, to "Not the bees," I truly think it is the worst movie I have ever seen

Are you gonna sit there and tell me it wasn't cinematic gold when he drop-kicked a woman?

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Are you gonna sit there and tell me it wasn't cinematic gold when he drop-kicked a woman?

Must've missed that one. I swear I remember him just randomly slapping women and bumrushing an elderly one down the steps.

Dunno how I made it all the way to that egregiously terrible ending.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Must've missed that one. I swear I remember him just randomly slapping women and bumrushing an elderly one down the steps.

Dunno how I made it all the way to that egregiously terrible ending.

Seems I mis-remembered the scene.  It was a sideways-kick.  Same scene as the one where he suddenly punched Kathy Bates in the face.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Its like trying to recall a traumatic event for you too, isnt it?

Nah.  I think most of the movie is 'meh', but then there are the over-the-top scenes that are pure gold.  Like when Nick Cage punches a woman while dressed like a bear.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, China said:

Spoiler for a movie that came out over 20 years ago?

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

well my apologies for spoiling a couple plot details, some of which were exaggerations, from a goofy C level action movie from 23 years ago. I didn’t exactly spoil Shawshank 

but you still watch it anyway. It’s worth it

I was just screwing with you.  I saw that movie when it came out.  And probably 5 times since then.  I actually liked it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is what I wrote to a friend in Front Royal today. Damn Giv. Abbott!

Hi Donna! I'll give you a call tomorrow at work. Everything and everyone is doing well here. But it's Texas. Big ol' Red state. I don't go anywhere because there's lots here who do. The big population centers called for stay at home, not the rest of the state. Still lots of people out and about. More tomorrow!

Abbott held a press conference today saying he's opening the state because business. Not health of citizens. Population centers like Austin, Houston, Dallas, and possibly San Antonio have pretty good results with people staying home. I did notice that this weekend there were more people out and about, and today even more. I'm 20 miles NW of Austin. It's discouraging.

https://www.ajc.com/news/nascar-kyle-larson-suspended-after-allegedly-using-racial-slur-during-racing-livestream/z4UxKwtrS8oiudywW5VgGJ/

NASCAR’s Kyle Larson apologizes after suspension over racial slur during racing livestream

Chip Ganassi Racing has suspended driver Kyle Larson from NASCAR following an alleged use of a racial slur on a livestream during an iRacing event Sunday night. 

“NASCAR has made diversity and inclusion a priority and will not tolerate the type of language used by Kyle Larson during Sunday’s iRacing event,” a NASCAR statement read. “Our member conduct guidelines are clear in this regard, and we will enforce these guidelines to maintain an inclusive environment for our entire industry and fan base.”  

Larson apologized for his actions.

Another Nascar Driver Bubba Wallace lost a Sponsor for quitting the previous  race.  This social distant racing not going well for some drivers.

https://sports.yahoo.com/angry-nascar-driver-bubba-wallace-000000122.html

Richard Petty Motorsports driver Bubba Wallace must be having a really bad day at Sunday's video game simulation of eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series last April 5-- enough to rage-quit in the middle of the race and lose a lucrative sponsorship deal.

In case you didn't know, the term "rage quit" is a well-known gamer term for a player who gets so mad that they prematurely quit the race.

Edited by Gallen5862