Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

7 hours ago, Destino said:

Rambo Last Blood is on Amazon.  The plot didn’t matter to anyone making the movie, so it’s best that you ignore it too.  Here’s what you need to know, Rambo has grown darker in his old age. He actually reaches into people’s bodies and breaks the bits he finds inside with his hands.  I think he might have spent too much time underground.  

Perfect for Easter Quarantine.  

Home Alone Rambo Edition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

I think that Drake is a lamer.  Nickelback of hip hop.

I also like at least 1,000 songs that Drake is on so **** me

I tried to not like Drake for a year or so then just accepted it 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, mistertim said:

Thanks for the tips.

My favorite drummer is Danny Carey from Tool, but I should probably learn to walk before I attempt Olympic sprinting. :ols:

I know he uses a bunch of odd time signatures, lots of polyrhythm, and syncopation. I'll probably just get frustrated if I try any of that before getting down fundamentals and basic 4/4 stuff. 

I always tell new drummers to learn how to play:

It's a 4/4 beat over a 9/8 guitar and bass riff.

1, 2, 3, 4...for the drums!

Separate your senses from the guitar and bass.  The drums sound wicked, but once you learn it, it seems like the easiest beat Bonzo laid down.

Now you're ready to learn odd signatures and polyrhythms.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

me (poor drummer, excellent buddy rich/drums fan since i was a kid), doublestokeroll, and others used to have a lot of fun with the old es drum and percussion thread--haven't time to go look for it now, but maybe later

:) 

• Like 3

We have a grocery delivery set up almost a week ago, now not possible until next week sometime....  

And I just ordered some food stuff from Amazon pantry, mostly snacks that aren't supposed to arrive until May 3.

Edited by visionary
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

me (poor drummer, excellent buddy rich/drums fan since i was a kid), doublestokeroll, and others used to have a lot of fun with the old es drum and percussion thread--haven't time to go look for it now, but maybe later

:) 

Here you go:

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, China said:

Here you go:

Thread needs to be opened! @Jumbo

Love to see Billy Cobham and Lenny White posted in here, good taste fellas!

Carter Beauford from Dave Matthews also plays open-armed - lefty on a righty kit.  He's heavily inspired by both aforementioned drummers.  Perhaps the most controlled, calm, collected drum god of all time.

@mistertim have you seen this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Destino said:

Rambo Last Blood is on Amazon.  The plot didn’t matter to anyone making the movie, so it’s best that you ignore it too.  Here’s what you need to know, Rambo has grown darker in his old age. He actually reaches into people’s bodies and breaks the bits he finds inside with his hands.  I think he might have spent too much time underground.  

Perfect for Easter Quarantine.  

Great movie, full of violence.  Did the franchise well.

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Thought I'd gotten to the end of Netflix, then saw there's the Police Academy movies.

I watched 2-5 about 2 weeks ago. Really I watched the second one then had the others on while doing stuff around the house. Bob Scratch Goldfarb comedy at its finest. 

Big(ish) budget bad movie quarantine binge continued tonight with Charlie Sheen’s Arrival.  I’m laughing just thinking of this stupid movie.  Best (worst) scene is when Charlie Sheen is turned into a puffy Hispanic version Charlie Sheen by the automatic alien disguise machine.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Big(ish) budget bad movie quarantine binge continued tonight with Charlie Sheen’s Arrival.  I’m laughing just thinking of this stupid movie.  Best (worst) scene is when Charlie Sheen is turned into a puffy Hispanic version Charlie Sheen by the automatic alien disguise machine.  

You should watch Nic Cages Wickerman next. That'll either shock you back to normal or send you down a dark path filled with inner turmoil.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You should watch Nic Cages Wickerman next. That'll either shock you back to normal or send you down a dark path filled with inner turmoil.

Oh I’ve seen it.  “No!  Not the bees!”  Who could forget that classic bad movie line?

I’m watching Jason takes Manhattan now though, so the bees will have to wait for another day.  80s movies make a lot more sense when you remember everyone involved in making them was coked out of their minds.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Destino said:

Oh I’ve seen it.  “No!  Not the bees!”  Who could forget that classic bad movie line?

I’m watching Jason takes Manhattan now though, so it the bees will have to wait for another day.  80s movies make a lot more sense when you remember everyone involved in making them was coked out of their minds.  

80's gore is unique in its sheer and utter under the big top bat**** insanity. Was watching one of the Living Dead sequels on Smartcast awhile back, and there was a scene toward the end where they're all running toward a place where they stupidly think they'll be safe.

Nasties comes out of nowhere and rip a guy to shreds. Literal shreds. And it looks as if someone were getting taken apart right in front of you, except they swapped the blood and guts for dye, playdough and other stuff you could probably get at a sketchy strip mall costume shop. And knowing all of this, all it did was creep me out even more, just the way they all sold it.