Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

Beer Shark is here to bring joy (and alcohol) to Virginia

With most stores and restaurants closed or operating as takeout-only establishments, and with personal protective gear in short supply, one of the most pressing questions of these troubling times is: How do businesses generate revenue while protecting the health of their vital delivery people?

Old Ox Brewery in Ashburn, Virginia has responded to that question in two ways—with contactless delivery and a ****in’ shark suit. For a mere $25 your beer order will be safely delivered to any home in Loudoun County (and Alexandria and Arlington) by an intrepid brewery employee dressed in the same regalia (more or less) as the storied Left Shark of Super Bowl XLIX fame. They’ll cavort, they’ll let you snap pictures, and when you’re satisfied with the quality of your purchase they’ll continue on to destinations unknown.

cuzy2a3ssfeepyw45f2k.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, China said:

Beer Shark is here to bring joy (and alcohol) to Virginia

With most stores and restaurants closed or operating as takeout-only establishments, and with personal protective gear in short supply, one of the most pressing questions of these troubling times is: How do businesses generate revenue while protecting the health of their vital delivery people?

Old Ox Brewery in Ashburn, Virginia has responded to that question in two ways—with contactless delivery and a ****in’ shark suit. For a mere $25 your beer order will be safely delivered to any home in Loudoun County (and Alexandria and Arlington) by an intrepid brewery employee dressed in the same regalia (more or less) as the storied Left Shark of Super Bowl XLIX fame. They’ll cavort, they’ll let you snap pictures, and when you’re satisfied with the quality of your purchase they’ll continue on to destinations unknown.

Click on the link for the full article

The hero the world needs right now.

• Like 2

Here in Australia, the police have been given powers to fine people not following the social distancing law.  Everyone is expected to stay at least 1.5 metres away from each other, and the police are making house calls to ensure that people are abiding.  As well as that, they are fining people if they find more than the necessary amount of people are in the house.  Police are also setting up roadblocks to ensure drivers are travelling as per required by the law: to work, to shop for essentials, to doctor;s appointments, etc,.  Already some have received fines for travelling just for the sake of it; just to get out of self isolation at home.

Personally, I only go out to pay the rent/pay the bills, and/or go to the chemist.  I don't go to fill up my car for the sake of filling up, even though fuel can be got for less than a dollar per litre.  This 14 days of self isolation is like a walk in the park for me.  It's even easier for my missus!

What I have found is that the delivery of the weekly shopping has changed, to up to five days late, because EVERYONE else has discovered home delivery.

Edited by Skinned Aussie

On 4/9/2020 at 9:57 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, no more shooting models or sporting events...

So it's come down to this, taking some photos of the wildlife in my girlfriend's back yard.  Here's some from yesterday:

DSC04053.jpg.917f837d9c3952d578074d5fc2166d32.jpg

DSC04055.jpg.c353ac57ffc1a983801c9eae2f8696ef.jpg

DSC04109.jpg.47313ccf5b52eb2e1ce4d76359b66c06.jpg

I've also been trying to see if I can get a squirrel to take a peanut out of my hand.  Got pretty close yesterday.  

Say hello to my new friend:

DSC04175.jpg.2a87f0e07942df15ec5952611ebba581.jpg

Great pics!

Unless you live in the country,  with no neighbors, feeding squirrels isn't cool.

Sure, it looks cute, right up to the point that they take those peanuts, run to your neighbors houses, and dig holes all over their yards, to bury them. 

They're not cute, they're evil. Rats with furry tails.

Etiquette question-

My brother in law's father just died in a nursing home (possibly of Covid, but we don't know because he was in decline.) We've already been told not to drive up and would have had a tough time doing so any since my sister and her her family are recovering from coronavirus. In any case, right now, no one knows if there even will be a funeral. Is it okay to send the family vs. the funeral home flowers?

• Like 1

Quarantine: Wk 5

My brother nearly burned the house down putting pizza boxes in the oven on °400 to "De-Covid" them. Then proceeds to head down to the basement to talk to his gf, leaving me to race down to the kitchen and save his gump ass house :mellow:

Damn boxes were like glowing logs in a fireplace. And of course his pizza is the one that survives (the charred cardboard even added a bit of flavor to it), while mine dies tragically.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Etiquette question-

My brother in law's father just died in a nursing home (possibly of Covid, but we don't know because he was in decline.) We've already been told not to drive up and would have had a tough time doing so any since my sister and her her family are recovering from coronavirus. In any case, right now, no one knows if there even will be a funeral. Is it okay to send the family vs. the funeral home flowers?

Yes. I'd hope any flowers are usually welcomed (my MIL passed in January and flowers were sent to the house).

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Burnt Pizza pic

Took me a while to realize what that was.  Probably because I've been watching mudlarking videos and it looked like an aggregate/conglomerate of coins and stones and other objects in mud.

I think you should shellac it and mount it on the wall as artwork.  Give it some fancy sounding name like "Un disc de carbonara"

• Haha 5