Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

8 hours ago, Destino said:

I liked Penny Dreadful, and Eva Green is well... Eva Green.  My biggest issue was the Frankenstein monster played by Rory Kinnear.  Just an awful melodramatic whining mess of a character.  I’d cringe everytime he’d pop up.  

He was kind of a  whiny **** :ols:

theres supposed to be a sort of offshoot/soft reboot set in LA starring Natalie Dormer. Don't know what the timetable is on it yet, though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hersh said:

Jack Ryan is a solid show. It's criminal if you haven't watched Ozark yet. 

Finished Quantum of Solace a bit ago and watching Skyfall. The fire scene in the hotel room at the end of QoS is one of the worst Bond scenes in any Bond movie. 

I was expecting this season of Ozark to be “meh” but it was 100% bona fide fire.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Weren’t you the one saying this **** better not ruin your sports like 3 weeks back? 

Hope you still get paid homie 

I don't think so.  Only thing I really cared about sports-wise is that I wish Ovechkin had gotten his 50-goal season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I don't think so.  Only thing I really cared about sports-wise is that I wish Ovechkin had gotten his 50-goal season.

oh my bad. I was just checking I can’t remember who that was obviously. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

oh my bad. I was just checking I can’t remember who that was obviously. 

Probably that crazy Caps guy that divebombs every other sports thread.

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

*Gif*

Indeed. That's one fine white girl

Any electricians on this forum? Looking for some help with a light switch installation I just did.

I had a dimmer switch installed in my main room and I got some LED lights instead of what we had before, and since the switch is old I'm assuming it wasn't rated to dim LED lights, and I noticed flicker sometimes. So I got a new dimmer switch. It's in a room where it only has 1 switch connected to the lights.

I just installed it but it's behaving odd in the sense that to turn the lights on, the switch has to be down. Switching it to up turns the lights off.

The old switch had no ground wires coming out of it. It just had the 2 going to the side of the switch.

This new one had a ground wire (that I connected to other bare copper ground wire in there) and then the 2 going to the side of the switch. So the only difference in the installation with this new one versus the old one is that I hooked up the ground wire, per the instructions.

I tried flipping the wires on the side and have the same behavior, which is what I expected after reading about single pole switches.

Any idea wtf the problem is? Is it just a bad switch or is there something I'm missing?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I'm an idiot who can't read directions.

Edited by purbeast

11 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Any electricians on this forum? Looking for some help with a light switch installation I just did.

I had a dimmer switch installed in my main room and I got some LED lights instead of what we had before, and since the switch is old I'm assuming it wasn't rated to dim LED lights, and I noticed flicker sometimes. So I got a new dimmer switch. It's in a room where it only has 1 switch connected to the lights.

I just installed it but it's behaving odd in the sense that to turn the lights on, the switch has to be down. Switching it to up turns the lights off.

The old switch had no ground wires coming out of it. It just had the 2 going to the side of the switch.

This new one had a ground wire (that I connected to other bare copper ground wire in there) and then the 2 going to the side of the switch. So the only difference in the installation with this new one versus the old one is that I hooked up the ground wire, per the instructions.

I tried flipping the wires on the side and have the same behavior, which is what I expected after reading about single pole switches.

Any idea wtf the problem is? Is it just a bad switch or is there something I'm missing?

Not an electrician, have done the same installation in an older home. 

Are the LED lights you installed dimmable? Most are nowadays but some still are not dimmable and the flickering can happen when the bulb is not made to dim. 

Just now, GoSkinsGo said:

Not an electrician, have done the same installation in an older home. 

Are the LED lights you installed dimmable? Most are nowadays but some still are not dimmable and the flickering can happen when the bulb is not made to dim. 

Yeah they are dimmable.  I figured out the problem.  I was installing the wires to the terminals on the same side of the switch like the old one had it, but the instructions said to do 1 on one side and the other on the other side, and now it works fine.

• Like 2

Had my telemedicine appointment this morning, it was fine, my doctor talked the whole time except to ask a few questions. I have to go in for labs and a pneumococcal shot once the stay at home is lifted.

To treat myself, I looked for one of my favorite songs, Heartbreak Highway by Rubber Rodeo, 1986. Enjoy!